First RDWC Grow - Taking the Deep Water Culture Plunge

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Can you take a video of your airstones running?
I can try but I'm not very good with video. I did get those other air stones fully cleaned AND rinsed if I need to substitute them. I will try to get a video bro.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also I would always flush a day between new batches to clean it up.
i can think of a reason this would help. Not to say you didn’t see that but my question would be why did you see that? They would go without the nutrients needed also

he has washed the roots already and not seeing any issue with slime

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yea if it still happens after weeks of doing what moe and aqua told ya. . its prolly the genetics or a virus. It seems so familiar to me but just so hard to pinpoint this. 50% of my plants start foxtailing and blasting out 1 and 3 finger leafs at the top. I run warmer temps too. Your shit looks perfect, like perhaps they will figure it put perhaps you might need to send a node to a lab for virus testing? Idk. . i was contemplating it. .just sucks. Pretty sure my mimosa evo is about to do it but my herer fast wont. . im at week 4 and thats when i usually see it. Dumb bro. . im for sure following along for info none the less.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just think it maybe ratios. and buffer at this point. I cant say for sure as these products i have never used

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

PH had dropped slightly last night before bedtime and I adjusted it up to where it was teetering back and forth between 5.8 and 5.9, held steady all night long. Topped off about a half a gallon yesterday and about half that so far today. As far as I can tell, everything is cruising along as well as can be expected. I do see the blossoms starting to swell up and down the stems, new pistil growth, and what looks to be a couple of foxtails. It could be the structure of these flowers too so we will see.

I am still noticing a very slight smell of potatoes at the plant site, not foul or anything, but it's def there. Is that of any concern or is that normal? Roots feel fine still, not slime at all. Nute burn does not seem to be getting any worse and I do not see any deficiencies.

IMG 0930

IMG 0932

IMG 0941

IMG 0942

IMG 0944

IMG 0945

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

PH had dropped slightly last night before bedtime and I adjusted it up to where it was teetering back and forth between 5.8 and 5.9, held steady all night long. Topped off about a half a gallon yesterday and about half that so far today. As far as I can tell, everything is cruising along as well as can be expected. I do see the blossoms starting to swell up and down the stems, new pistil growth, and what looks to be a couple of foxtails. It could be the structure of these flowers too so we will see.

I am still noticing a very slight smell of potatoes at the plant site, not foul or anything, but it's def there. Is that of any concern or is that normal? Roots feel fine still, not slime at all. Nute burn does not seem to be getting any worse and I do not see any deficiencies.

View attachment 1277139
View attachment 1277140

View attachment 1277141

View attachment 1277142

View attachment 1277143

View attachment 1277144
sounding like things are stable now. Plants are looking great

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

4 hydro guys here, can either of you 3 tell me if you have ever had pests while running active hydro. Like if theres no living soil, no microbes in the soil, roots in water, no home for bugs. . can you still get them? I guess what im saying is im at 2 years now with 0 pests, and i dont clean my room very well, just the systems. I dont use bleach to clean anything, just soap and water lol. . My bedroom has carpet, that has had organic matter on it for quite some time. Im sure I can find a bud somewhere from 6 months ago in the carpet lol. . Guess im asking is if its uncommon, am I just lucky, or is it more for soil than active or passive.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I was wondering the same thing. I'm all but sure you can get pests in hydro but I have never had an issue and hope I do not!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

4 hydro guys here, can either of you 3 tell me if you have ever had pests while running active hydro. Like if theres no living soil, no microbes in the soil, roots in water, no home for bugs. . can you still get them? I guess what im saying is im at 2 years now with 0 pests, and i dont clean my room very well, just the systems. I dont use bleach to clean anything, just soap and water lol. . My bedroom has carpet, that has had organic matter on it for quite some time. Im sure I can find a bud somewhere from 6 months ago in the carpet lol. . Guess im asking is if its uncommon, am I just lucky, or is it more for soil than active or passive.
Seen other have springtails before

Top Bottom