First Room Set-up..

• Thread starter truvalca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

Hey, truvlaca, just joined and happened upon your grow, I'm wrapping my head around the electricity saver device you purchased a while back. Three questions: how are you determining if it's working? Do/did you have initial voltage/amperage readings on you setups total current draw? (Prior to installing the contraption). Did it have a money back warrantee?
Not trying to throw cold water but the $150 probably could have been put to better use.imho

truvalca

truvalca

Hey, truvlaca, just joined and happened upon your grow, I'm wrapping my head around the electricity saver device you purchased a while back. Three questions: how are you determining if it's working? Do/did you have initial voltage/amperage readings on you setups total current draw? (Prior to installing the contraption). Did it have a money back warrantee?
Not trying to throw cold water but the $150 probably could have been put to better use.imho
Hey there Dan789.. All valid ?'s. Here is my best

1. how are you determining if it's working?
-I saw my meter dial slow down within seconds of install

2. Do/did you have initial voltage/amperage readings on you setups total current draw? (Prior to installing the contraption)
-No. I saw it. Thought it might help. Bought it.

3. Did it have a money back warrantee?
- Yes. It does have a money back warrantee.

Not trying to throw cold water but the $150 probably could have been put to better use
-I love cold showers. I figured I have already spent major dolo on the room whats another $150 to try and save a few.. Call me a sucker i guess.

Damn homie.. you made me type. Love it.. Stay HI..

Dan789

Dan789

Hey, all good, just saying lots of stuff out "there" most doesn't work when watched, if you get me (cold fusion).
Your grow is looking great, bye the way.
My profession before retiring was as an Electrical contractor/ Electrician, so I'm kind in the camp of Amps x Voltage = Power (x power factor) = Watts.
One quick way to increase efficiency/ lower costs is to lower wattage, lowering wattage without changing the length of the grow would denote another more efficient style light (Led). The wattage saved over a few grows allows the amortizing of those more expensive fixtures. Then it's become a cost of money equation.
Figure out what your costs are for your current grow, start with previous electrical bills from last year prior to the grow as a baseline for your electrical usage pre grow. Compare them to what they are now. Another way to figure your electrical usage is via one of the watt stopper "gadgets". Each one of your lights, fans, pumps gets analyzed and then you figure out how much each is used over the course of the grow. Excel is a good way to calc it all out, it's a lot more than you think.

truvalca

truvalca

Hey, all good, just saying lots of stuff out "there" most doesn't work when watched, if you get me (cold fusion).
Your grow is looking great, bye the way.
My profession before retiring was as an Electrical contractor/ Electrician, so I'm kind in the camp of Amps x Voltage = Power (x power factor) = Watts.
One quick way to increase efficiency/ lower costs is to lower wattage, lowering wattage without changing the length of the grow would denote another more efficient style light (Led). The wattage saved over a few grows allows the amortizing of those more expensive fixtures. Then it's become a cost of money equation.
Figure out what your costs are for your current grow, start with previous electrical bills from last year prior to the grow as a baseline for your electrical usage pre grow. Compare them to what they are now. Another way to figure your electrical usage is via one of the watt stopper "gadgets". Each one of your lights, fans, pumps gets analyzed and then you figure out how much each is used over the course of the grow. Excel is a good way to calc it all out, it's a lot more than you think.
All good info. Thank you for input sir. Glad my lil grow caught your eye. Good to know such avid pros such as yourself are watching lil ol me.

ONE LUV.. Family starts from seed.

Dan789

Dan789

As a quick post script on that; every watt you save comes off the highest tier your in each month, which for PG&E in California ranges from $.19/baseline kWh, 101%-400% baseline = $.27/kWh, over 400% baseline = $.40/kWh. If / when they move to time of day rates, they do nothing but increase.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Sounds kind of craaaaaaaazzzyyyy

Ya. Physics and all that. So... to debunk this I'd think we would need more than a commercial teaser, after all.

There is one possibility, and that would be a device that has an effect directly on the meter. I have heard of such devices ( magnetic field applied to the meter assembly, with some influence on the meter mechanism ) however this would depend on the meter design, so it would not work everywhere. And of course, the utilities know about this, so some assembly wrapped around the meter isn't going unnoticed.

Nope. I declare shenanigans. This is like the cold fusion thing. Show me.

But otherwise, the thread has a great vibe. Nice to see what a bit of money and intention can do.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

^^^^^ @truvalca Sweet Pic Bro! ^^^^ I would have commented last night, but after seeing that pic I decided I needed to run to my favorite "Old Farts R Us" store and get a better cushion for the rockin chair I have already pulled up here! Now I am freshly restocked with more popcorn, 2 kegs of beer and a pissload of extra capacity catheter gear! Gonna try some "Depends" for the first time too cause I dont wanna miss a thang!! Your show Rocks! Hey, when you get a minute, please send that pantsless pizza delivery gal back over here! :)

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Is impatience and inability to hold a bowel movement what I have to look forward to in the near future?.lol. Hope this suppository helps. @Derf Werfler. semd me the link to the depends wholesaler u use please.

LMFAO @truvalca !!! I just finished cleaning off my keyboard and screen from the Jack and Coke I just sprayed out of my mouth and NOSE from that funnee comment that I was NOT expecting while I was taking a sip and clicking onto your excellent thread!! :opps::D:cry::crying2:

Holy Shitarsky!! Your grow is looking Mighty Fine!! If there was an award to be given for "Best First Room Set-up and Results" then I would have to register illegal multiple accounts just to give you well deserved votes!! Serious!! Well Done Laddie, Well Done!! I am sure I speak for many that continue to look forward to your progress, chop, yield and smoke reports!

By the way, I had to go back and reread that you did not write "Impotence" instead of "Impatience"! LOL

FYI - "Depends" wholesaler $$ plans vary from State to State. :p

Keep us posted!

Derf

Top Bottom