First Time 12 Site Ebb And Grogro

• Thread starter wasfromks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

I've been running coco/perlite mix.....shit is murder....I run DTW so I dont worry about the res or anything like that....water is never recycling....but soon I am gonna swap over to Flood and drain...with the coco....gonna put up a 5000btu window ac unit in my box...and I just swapped from HID to

led bars.....literally this winter is gonna be a massacre....these bitches are gonna put out like never before...hahah

Wisher619

Wisher619

hydroguard says that is works best at temps of something like 72-78 f or some shit....I dont know but my res stays at like 62....cuz where I live it never really gets over like 70f and my garage stays like at 65....the res sits on the crete in a corner in the dark so it literally chillz

wasfromks

wasfromks

Fuck yeah, so that's a ebb and flow? It pumps up and then pumps it out 5 times a day? That's pretty sick bro, I run a rooting, vegging, and flower room consistently. It was my first grow and I just kinda knew I wanted the experience with this plant in all stages of its development and figured there was no better way than to just take a clone flower and keep building shit to keep those clones going. My supersoil plants are fire and it has kinda sucked because I'm messing with this DWC shit (which is cool and fast in its own wright) be all my friends keep saying how fire of bus it is which I will admit all the tea and molasis I feed it should be ("sugar in is sugar out") my air pots I make Definately out grow plastic pots and all is going well, but this DWC thing has been a headache up until today and honestly I was considering a system similar to yours before siging onto dwc. I've heard it beats dwc with less of a headache and produces similar to more results but I wasn't gonna buy a system and figured a bucket with water seemed pretty simple. But whatev ya know I struggled but flowered with plain old buckets and build this dehumidifier and it kick good so I have attacked everything anyone has offered so if this plant doesn't like it im going to a diff system. I always flower my super soils along side it tho, I'm kind of a health person and it just sits better with meh.
I have no experience in hydro other than what I've learned from this cycle. I have read dwc can become a difficult process and issues like root rot aren't uncommon. However from my experience I could only say that this system I run hasn't given me those issues nor should I have to worry so much about that being an issue if I leave it set up just the way she is. I would say this is great for mom plants and or just trying to learn and perfect. Otherwise I would take wisher619 advice with the flood and drain tray system. You can just do a sog set up flower the plants much sooner less care and less utility and less nutrients. With this set up I have and stretching the veg cycle out....fuck I'm wanting the efficiency of my system upgraded lol. I rather have 12" tall plants filling my tent up now that I have done all this. I could get way more in here and less time invested and nice even light across the canopy. I was reading and the quality is looking pretty good especially when you're trying to get high yields.

wasfromks

wasfromks

Everybody in my state is trying to learn to grow (now that AK is legal). I feel I learn faster but I see all the competition popping up and I'm like, fck.
Brother don't make it competition. Make it more about perfection and there will be no such thing as competition if you ask me. If you're growing shit that has way better traits and quality then your "competition" then that makes no "competition"

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

It's all about what works for you. Running a tent fulla plants seeems like 10x the work of running big plants in dwc. But that's the thing about growing not all systems are for everybody. I'll prob go to a coco system some day but this dwc shit is second nature for me right now. I definitely wanna get back to rdwc,nothing compares to the results I got off of it. I was going side by side with a homie for a couple years. We ordered basically the same seeds. His soil plants barely seemed like the same strain the difference in growth was so different.

With all that said, run with what works for you.

wasfromks

wasfromks

It's all about what works for you. Running a tent fulla plants seeems like 10x the work of running big plants in dwc. But that's the thing about growing not all systems are for everybody. I'll prob go to a coco system some day but this dwc shit is second nature for me right now. I definitely wanna get back to rdwc,nothing compares to the results I got off of it. I was going side by side with a homie for a couple years. We ordered basically the same seeds. His soil plants barely seemed like the same strain the difference in growth was so different.

With all that said, run with what works for you.
Under current system? I would love to run one.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Under current system? I would love to run one.
Uc would be the best. But just a dwc system where the buckets are connected and has a res bucket for the pump. That's what I ran before. It's just a slow flow uc. This big 10gal is giving me a similar result tho. To me the whole purpose is as many gallons being highly circulated. That way the nutrient imbalance is less over the week or 10 days you run the nutrients. Plus the res bucket is easier to add the water and nutes to.

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Midwestjay
actualy alot of plants are much easier then scrogging I promise.....it is the same canopy....if you are running a flood and drain.....it makes it super easy.....It is also alot easier to take 1 plant trim it up and hang it...easily work your way through...no need to ufck with nets and all that....just single stem colas.....or you could top each plant and double the head count...and add 1 more week to the veg but you dont want to let them get over 12" before flip so you end up with 18-24" tall canopy...all fat colas....the dutch have been doing it forever....we in the states resorted to scroging over the years because of plant count restrictions and whatnot.....but your are right....Different strokes for different folks

wasfromks

wasfromks

@Midwestjay
actualy alot of plants are much easier then scrogging I promise.....it is the same canopy....if you are running a flood and drain.....it makes it super easy.....It is also alot easier to take 1 plant trim it up and hang it...easily work your way through...no need to ufck with nets and all that....just single stem colas.....or you could top each plant and double the head count...and add 1 more week to the veg but you dont want to let them get over 12" before flip so you end up with 18-24" tall canopy...all fat colas....the dutch have been doing it forever....we in the states resorted to scroging over the years because of plant count restrictions and whatnot.....but your are right....Different strokes for different folks
I really like this broski I honestly will probably go this route. Less work for me and less fatigue. Quicker flip around to finish flower.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

@Midwestjay
I wasn't really taking about scrogging. That's a pain in the ass. But with a topping and some training. I swear I can get close to scrog numbers with some supercropping and yoyos. Just recently tried my first two scrog and neither came out right. And I feel like I end up with more tops then the plant can support. I think I'm gonna get back to what I know.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

wasfromks

wasfromks

Bro those are fkn beautiful.... I mean look text book perfect. I'd stick with that gh 3part and just use flower formula in a couple weeks and maybe a sweetener. they love what your doing. I mean really bro respect, those girls look good.
Damn boss thanks. I get nervous if I'm doing as good as possible and want to keep striving for perfection. I appreciate your compliments. However if I did repeat this scrog and everything I know a few things I will do different. I doubt I do this again anytime soon. As far as sweeteners and additives I was going to consider using this bottle of awesome blossoms by technaflora because it came with the kit and won't have to buy any competing products and save $, also stick to the sugar daddies since I had been using it up until I ran out the other week. And as you can see in the grow journal it's been no negative recourse for using it throughout my journal. If it ain't broke don't fix it right?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Damn boss thanks. I get nervous if I'm doing as good as possible and want to keep striving for perfection. I appreciate your compliments. However if I did repeat this scrog and everything I know a few things I will do different. I doubt I do this again anytime soon. As far as sweeteners and additives I was going to consider using this bottle of awesome blossoms by technaflora because it came with the kit and won't have to buy any competing products and save $, also stick to the sugar daddies since I had been using it up until I ran out the other week. And as you can see in the grow journal it's been no negative recourse for using it throughout my journal. If it ain't broke don't fix it right?
Yea you doing great bro. I wouldn't change much. And with the ratio change with the 3 part it's simple.

The 1-2-3 recipe
These mixes work well and are the accepted standard mix recommended for newbies as well as those new to GH Flora series nutes. It is simple to remember: 3-2-1...2-2-2...1-2-3. Listed as (grow-micro-bloom) Always mix the micro into the water first.

**Teaspoons per US gallon (5ml = 1 part)

Vegetative stage: Use 3-2-1 (3 parts grow, 2 parts micro, 1 part bloom)
Early flowering: first 2-3 weeks or until stretching stops: Use 2-2-2 (2 parts each)
Late flowering: Use 1-2-3 (1 part grow, 2 parts micro, 3 parts bloom)

wasfromks

wasfromks

Yea you doing great bro. I wouldn't change much. And with the ratio change with the 3 part it's simple.

The 1-2-3 recipe
These mixes work well and are the accepted standard mix recommended for newbies as well as those new to GH Flora series nutes. It is simple to remember: 3-2-1...2-2-2...1-2-3. Listed as (grow-micro-bloom) Always mix the micro into the water first.

**Teaspoons per US gallon (5ml = 1 part)

Vegetative stage: Use 3-2-1 (3 parts grow, 2 parts micro, 1 part bloom)
Early flowering: first 2-3 weeks or until stretching stops: Use 2-2-2 (2 parts each)
Late flowering: Use 1-2-3 (1 part grow, 2 parts micro, 3 parts bloom)
I'm worrying about height. These hoes are stretching.

Top Bottom