First Time 12 Site Ebb And Grogro

• Thread starter wasfromks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'm going to be busy as all hell when it comes to trim haha....I hope this is looking like a good possible yield???
If you keep it up it'll be hours and hours of trimming. It's kinda fun at first but it's the shittiest part of growing. I imagine you got a couple days worth of trimming unless you run a marathon and that ain't no fun.

wasfromks

wasfromks

If you keep it up it'll be hours and hours of trimming. It's kinda fun at first but it's the shittiest part of growing. I imagine you got a couple days worth of trimming unless you run a marathon and that ain't no fun.
Lol we will see what happens.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

When I was working 80hrs a week I'd trim an hour or two every night for like a week to get them done.

wasfromks

wasfromks

When I was working 80hrs a week I'd trim an hour or two every night for like a week to get them done.
Lol I still ain't back to work. :( I hope I can get back to the grind before too long. I go get a spinal injection in a few days and then start rehab. Hopefully I can be back to work here in a month or so. Lol in time for harvest haha.

Wisher619

Wisher619

if you watch Vader on youtube....you will see the ideal setup....what size tent is that.....you could probably run 2 tables in there and 2 reservoirs....on the super cheap....the reservoirs out of those totes from HD or Costco....7.00 per tub....2 cheap pumps....a few fittings...call it a day
you run the table dry and you run the plants in 5"square black pots....filled with pure coco
flood the table like 3 times a day....super simple.....it would be murder!!!!

Wisher619

Wisher619

oh yeah and we told you....hahahah can you imagine if you waited a week before you flipped....hahahahhaah....and fore sure trimming is the ultimate bitch.....with my outdoor...I would trim from 10pm to 3am....for like 2 weeks....it is an actual nightmare

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

oh yeah and we told you....hahahah can you imagine if you waited a week before you flipped....hahahahhaah....and fore sure trimming is the ultimate bitch.....with my outdoor...I would trim from 10pm to 3am....for like 2 weeks....it is an actual nightmare
See I can't imagine a harvest that size but I hope to have that problem some day. I had a couple females I used to being over to help me trim. I can't imagine 5hrs for 2 weeks.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

You're preaching at the choir. Oh and @wasfromks I really recommend some good spring operated scissors... Your hand will die trying to use a gummed up normal pair. Multiple pairs if you don't wanna clean every 10min.

Wisher619

Wisher619

you know I used to wet trim.....which made it really easy after dry but.....I noticed that the plants I dry trim have superior taste and smell......so I switched over....the only thing I trim are the fan leaves and hang um up.....once dry I throw in a 2gal food safe bucket with lid....do my burping....after 2 weeks I trim all sugar leaves and manicure to final product......I noticed that although sticky....it is much easier to scrape the scissors into resin balls then when wet trimming....I then dip in alcohol and wipe with a cloth and back to trimming....works for me....but everyone has there limits to annoyance....you gotta pick your battles

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

you know I used to wet trim.....which made it really easy after dry but.....I noticed that the plants I dry trim have superior taste and smell......so I switched over....the only thing I trim are the fan leaves and hang um up.....once dry I throw in a 2gal food safe bucket with lid....do my burping....after 2 weeks I trim all sugar leaves and manicure to final product......I noticed that although sticky....it is much easier to scrape the scissors into resin balls then when wet trimming....I then dip in alcohol and wipe with a cloth and back to trimming....works for me....but everyone has there limits to annoyance....you gotta pick your battles
I just told him that in a pm lol

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I found a couple years back by pure laziness that the taste is far better with a dry trim. The first time I just got tired of trimming and hung the whole branches up minus fan leaves. I couldn't believe the taste and smell difference. And it dried slower which I think helps to.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Shit I didn't think about your back. I recommend that hydroguard to prevent the slime. And eventually a chiller since you're so serious about growing. But I've never ran a chiller. My previous setup I used a dehumidifier for a chiller. You gotta take them apart and bend the cool side coil where it can be put into the water. But it was like running a window unit so it didn't last long. I just ain't paying a light bill that is that much higher if I can get great results with just hydroguard

Ok so I just did this with a 50 pint fridgide air unit. It I have a time controller and having problems cuz dis bitch Will take it from 68 to 50 in 15 minutes.I need a timer that I can set to like 3 minutes on, once an hour.

1462779539733 1391580825
1462779624124 1194909697
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok so I just did this with a 50 pint fridgide air unit. It I have a time controller and having problems cuz dis bitch Will take it from 68 to 50 in 15 minutes.I need a timer that I can set to like 3 minutes on, once an hour.
I did that with a dehumidifier on my 30gal system. Works great but cost like running a window air unit so it didn't last long in my grow. Are you running an exhaust on the blower. I taped up a cardboard fitting so I could hook it to a vent tube to it and exhaust. They put off a shit load of heat.

wasfromks

wasfromks

Wow @Midwestjay you already know what I'm going to say about this. Actually I will let my pictures respond. Ay and bro I don't mean any disrespect with this. What you did right there is pretty fuckn rad. However I'm def not fuckin with all that lol I would find a way to fuck it up. My res temps haven't been a problem anymore that issue is a thing of the past. My res is right by my intake fan. I have two ac vents that I rigged exhaust ducting to and are now blowing directly on my res and on my intake filter. My tent inside temps range from 77-80f and depending on the weather here my humidity is anywhere from 50-60%. My res is usually right about 70f. I avoided an extra utility being consumed and by doing it this way I actually benefited my tent temps and my res temps. But you my friend definitely earned the Macgyver status for the day. Please don't let this discourage you from posting on here. That's pretty legit bro and someone else may stumble across that and find it useful and use that idea. Thanks for the good ideas.

Download
Images
Theassbandit

Theassbandit

I did that with a dehumidifier on my 30gal system. Works great but cost like running a window air unit so it didn't last long in my grow. Are you running an exhaust on the blower. I taped up a cardboard fitting so I could hook it to a vent tube to it and exhaust. They put off a shit load of heat.

Nah, it is exhausting in the veg room "area" . I got the hydroguard like you suggested and I didn't see much improvement between that, or orca, or voodoo juice, or h202, and If anyone is thinking about putting sm-90 in a res Don't do that shit. Lol
So my veg room temp can be anywhere drone 75 to 80 (farenhight) and with my ballast on 250 watt my standing bucket temps are 71-75 degrees. Which I read is ok all the time but I'm not trying to grow pythium. So this morning I am going to go get a digital timer that can do 1 minute intervals and connect it to this big bad bitch and see what we got. I'll keep you updated

1462811926496 1729231202
1462812019482 308820552
1462812046543 1552520473
wasfromks

wasfromks

Nah, it is exhausting in the veg room "area" . I got the hydroguard like you suggested and I didn't see much improvement between that, or orca, or voodoo juice, or h202, and If anyone is thinking about putting sm-90 in a res Don't do that shit. Lol
So my veg room temp can be anywhere drone 75 to 80 (farenhight) and with my ballast on 250 watt my standing bucket temps are 71-75 degrees. Which I read is ok all the time but I'm not trying to grow pythium. So this morning I am going to go get a digital timer that can do 1 minute intervals and connect it to this big bad bitch and see what we got. I'll keep you updated
What issues were you or are you having?

Latest posts

Top Bottom