First Time Grow!! Help

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I recently got medically retired from the military so I got my medical card. I have a CHEM DAWG clone and I am about 2-3 weeks into grow. All I have done is water every other day (filtered water) and I have it in natural light and open air. I have 2 leafs that are yellow and I had a PH of just under 8. ALL INFO IS HELPFUL. THANKS IN ADVANCE

str8smokn

str8smokn

Are you in soil? Your ph is high for any medium.in soil is about 6.8-7.0 I believe.
Clone 2/3weeks in might be kind hungry by now. You need some food for her.
Good luck with her my friend.
Thank you for your service .
STR8

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Yes I'm in soil. I got it November 20th from a disp in Colorado. It's currently still in the same pot that I got it in. Now with soil should I really worry about PH or will it correct itself? No problem dude, it was a blast

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Str8, what type of food would you recommend? When do I move it to its final pot?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Will you post a pic?
If you are watering everyday,you might be over doing it.
The best way to check for watering is by lifting the pot.
After you water next time ,lift the pot and feel how heavy it is. When it feels lighter is when you need to water.
It's best to up pot many times befor flowering,letting your roots fill out each pot before repotting.
More roots equal more fruits.
Ph will only correct itself supposedly if your growing Organic.
For food wise,there's tons of different Brands.
Fox Farm has a good three bottle kit.
I use General Organics Go -Box line of nutrients. It runs about $50.00.
They say no need to p.h theirs.
Good luck and there's plenty to read on here. Study up my friend.
Ask away and I will try and help all I can my friend.
What strain is your clone?
STR8

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Hell yea dude, thank you. I just grabbed one plant for now and its Chemdog. I didn't wanna waste a lot of money in my first go but if it is best to, then I will.
IMG 20151207 185308
IMG 20151207 185308
IMG 20151207 185308

IMG 20151207 185238
str8smokn

str8smokn

Yes ,she's hungry . She's been using up her stored energy in those yellow leafs.
what kind of soil will you be using?
I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. It's good,maybe a little hot for seedlings,but I like it. There's also Roots brand soil it's good.
When you repot it will help.
I would go ahead and repot to like a 1.75 gal pot next. Is that a nursery pot it's in now?

STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

There's a cat on here who uses miracle grow stuff and kills with it. But he's the only one I've seen do good with it,so I would stay clear of it .
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

See you are spot on str8.. Yea that's still the one I picked it up in. Is it time to change it? I will be using the fox farm on

Yes you can go ahead and repot at any time.
You will want to moisten the pot it's in,just enough to get soil to stay together.
Fill new pot about 1/4-1/2 way then put plant in and back fill around. Plant base level ( old pot soil) should sit just above new soil level.like a step up/down.
Hope this helps.
STR8

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

You have helped a ton already dude.. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna grab the stuff in the morning to re pot and I'll post pics. I'll probably be bugging ya way more here soon..

THCdurk

THCdurk

Grab some fox farms happy frog that's a good soil for begginners. Like 12 bucks on amazon for a good size bag. Sorry just my 2 cents. Lol you gotta kick that girl into shape. And also idk if you were trying to do this or not but if I were you I'd get some cfls to put over that girl so she gets all the light she's asking for and thrives.

str8smokn

str8smokn

what lights are you using.
I've seen you mention natural light,how long of light is she getting?
She needs atleast 16 hrs of light to veg,and will need 12hrs of complete darkness to flower.
STR8

THCdurk

THCdurk

That's the plants food there's the foliar or veg nutes which help the plant grow tall and grow it's leaves. And then bloom nutes to help the plant start to flower. I'd get the box that str8 has or the fox farm like he said they got schedules. That tell ypu how much nutrients to add to a gallon of water for each week.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

THCdurk any cents is appreciated dude. I had 2 lights about 3 foot above plants with 100w each and it seemed like it wasn't doing anything. So I put it in the natural light and it seems to be doing more. The guy at the disp told me 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off of light but that seemed to harsh

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I've just been doing it on natural light. So I'm just using the sunlight currently.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Now when someone says" give it nutrients" what do I do? I read and read but I learn easier with doing it
First you need to decide for yourself what Line of Nutrients you want to use.
You need a two part feed.grow/bloom or A/B
THCdurk any cents is appreciated dude. I had 2 lights about 3 foot above plants with 100w each and it seemed like it wasn't doing anything. So I put it in the natural light and it seems to be doing more. The guy at the disp told me 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off of light but that seemed to harsh

Like Durk said use CFLs not regular house bulbs. 12/12 is to flower the plant.
STR8

Top Bottom