First Time Grow Setup Scrog /w Pics Tips??

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

First time grow setup scrog w pics tips
K so ya first grow EVER not just first SCROG... Anyways JUST set this up,I know it's crowded that's why I went SCROG got 8 plants in there 2 far left and far right being annihiltor kush, starting from front right (out of middle 4) and working counter clockwise.. Romulan,unknown kush, an unknown sativa (only one) called "red legs" and sweet tooth... Yes I know I should stick to 1-2 strains.. I will next time... Any tips? I originally planned to start flower cycle October 1st I may do between 2nd an 5th now depending how she grows out or is this grown out enough? My question is will they stretch out enough from flower initiation? Sorry for sounding dumb I feel like I'm doing great for my first though...hopefully stays this way until the end... Shall be the best green Christmas yet!!!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Take the taller branches and tuck them under the screen.
Cut off all of the undergrowth in small incriments, take no more than 15% total growth at one time.
The point of scrog is to get an even canopy of tops.

Bannacis

Bannacis

And once you go to flower they will stretch, so that's when you must keep on her and tuck those branches and spread em out.
Looks like that might be harder than said considering they be crowded.
You prolly could fill that screen with just two plants... good luck

Trentski420

Trentski420

Lol thanks guys not too happy with the responses (not on your guys part) just sounds like I got a mission ahead of me... My purpose of SCROG is to get all buds as much light as possible so yea even canopy would be best bet for that but I don't see how shorter nodes in center surrounded by longer nodes is going to impact this in anyway....

Trentski420

Trentski420

Wow I had to watch a YouTube video of another first timer to get the bright Idea to LST my main nodes under the SCROG/pvc... I, thinking of waiting until as late as the 5th opposed to the 1st to start flower now to give time for the lower nodes to catch up... Any ideas?? Good idea/bad idea??

Trentski420

Trentski420

Take the taller branches and tuck them under the screen.
Cut off all of the undergrowth in small incriments, take no more than 15% total growth at one time.
The point of scrog is to get an even canopy of tops.
Lol my bad you told me to do so right there skunk!!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Wow I had to watch a YouTube video of another first timer to get the bright Idea to LST my main nodes under the SCROG/pvc... I, thinking of waiting until as late as the 5th opposed to the 1st to start flower now to give time for the lower nodes to catch up... Any ideas?? Good idea/bad idea??
The plant will take off in growth as soon as you flip and double or triple in height if you dont keep tucking and weaving branches, you could flower it whenever you are ready.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Shieeeet should I start flower ASAP than? I do have ceiling room but prefer not to go too high.. Are you saying I should be weaving 1 branch in and out of more than 1 grid square

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
When they grow up above the screen find the best way to tuck them back under without robbing any other bud sites of light. After a few weeks of flowering the whole screen sould be covered in bud sites if done correctly. Top buds are always the biggest and most potent because they are closest to the light. This gives you an even canopy of top buds, you pinch or cut off everything below the canopy over time, dont cut off too much at once. Larf buds that are airy and not worth harvesting rob the tops of nutes and water, get rid of it for scrog.

Trentski420

Trentski420

So these tuck unders are permanent until harvest? Not being untucked after the shorter branches catch up?

Trentski420

Trentski420

I know it's crowded but is the point of SCROG not too make crowding less crowdy I.e more buds with less room

What I'm asking is won't no SCROG be more crowded??

Trentski420

Trentski420

its already 8 plants vegged for 2 months from healthy clones in a tiny closet no going back now... Trust me next will be 5-6 max in this space

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ok so it's quick and half ass I was also thinking somewhat temporary until I get more nodes and enough length to weave it proper and permanent but is this the general look I should be after??

And yes my strings could be tighter (if you think this is a big deal lemme know asap), may try to fix that...

Trentski420

Trentski420

Skunk are you saying to weave approx 3 weeks in after bud nodes have formed so i can clearly see how I can weave them without blocking their light?

Trentski420

Trentski420

I'm basically just doing a temporary LST in above pic which is clearly not what your talking about correct?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'm basically just doing a temporary LST in above pic which is clearly not what your talking about correct?
That is exactly what I am talking about. The only thing is it looks like the one empty spot on the bottom right of the second pic could have been filled in by the branch above it that was bent up the other way. You want to fill in all the empty spots by tucking the taller branches over them.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Edit,
Nevermind looks like there is another branch lower down that will fill that spot after the flip

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya that spot is where the romulan sits which is like 3 perfect colas I almost wish they all turned out that way that's what I was aiming for when I trained if they all sat like that there would be little need for SCROG... I guess I kind of bent to let its few smaller node catch up when it looked perfect sitting as it was

Trentski420

Trentski420

Oh ok ya being that this is first grow I'm really not sure of the growth/stretch to expect post-flip

Top Bottom