First Time Grower/ Best Bang For The Buck /budget Grow

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

So it's getting close to the time that I want to order myself a Carbon filter & fan for odor control/security issues from vistors.... I'm looking pretty hard at the Hyper Fans with a Phresh filter.. That being said I'm also open to less expensive options... Here is another option I'm considering..
Thoughts & recommendations are welcome.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301810003919
this may or may not be helpful but I run 6 inch ducting into the back of my dehumidifier and run the open end into the tent. It sucks out all that nasty air, and imo reduces the smell. I also run an a/c in the window, I have some pretty good smelling shit and it it stays contained in the tent. Get one with the digital thermostat and you can adjust it to drop to 35 percent in the last few weeks of flower

Dr buddy

Dr buddy

In that space would I be correct in thinking the fan will be set up externally from the grow space. Also as you mentioned you may have visitors. If so sound from the fan may be an issue.

Grow hack - acoustic fans are pricey. Instead get a fairly large box, cut 2 holes for ducting either end. Put the fan in the box and stuff the box with insulation. Then seal the box. Money saved and basically the exact same thing.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

In that space would I be correct in thinking the fan will be set up externally from the grow space. Also as you mentioned you may have visitors. If so sound from the fan may be an issue.

Grow hack - acoustic fans are pricey. Instead get a fairly large box, cut 2 holes for ducting either end. Put the fan in the box and stuff the box with insulation. Then seal the box. Money saved and basically the exact same thing.

I was thinking of putting the carbon filter in the tent & mount the fan on my ceiling in the room. If all goes well this run I'll invest in a larger tent for sure. I keep going back to the hyper fan 6 & phresh filter.... or possibly a special ops filter.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I'm new, on my first grow. Seems I spend 100/wk, every week.

Whatever your planning on now will get bigger n badder n make u keep spending.

Go with a solid exhaust fan n filter, pick a real led from the start.

I have a pos 300w galaxy hydro that I thought would be fine with 5, 42w cfl, 2 bulb 4" T5 as side/angled lighting.

If your research cfl diy hood, I've made one of those too.

Now into things 9wks, I want a 600 viparspectra led with switches for veg, bloom, etc. $250.

Next thing far n away most important is seeds. Don't cheap out there

Exhaust fan n filter, lights, seeds top priority

You can use fans u have around the house, ele cords with lots of tri plugs, I'd order 1.5gal n 2 or 3 gal faberic pots as well.

You need them to get incrementally bigger as the plant does. 1.5 gal n 3 gal.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I'm new, on my first grow. Seems I spend 100/wk, every week.

Whatever your planning on now will get bigger n badder n make u keep spending.

Go with a solid exhaust fan n filter, pick a real led from the start.

I have a pos 300w galaxy hydro that I thought would be fine with 5, 42w cfl, 2 bulb 4" T5 as side/angled lighting.

If your research cfl diy hood, I've made one of those too.

Now into things 9wks, I want a 600 viparspectra led with switches for veg, bloom, etc. $250.

Next thing far n away most important is seeds. Don't cheap out there

Exhaust fan n filter, lights, seeds top priority

You can use fans u have around the house, ele cords with lots of tri plugs, I'd order 1.5gal n 2 or 3 gal faberic pots as well.

You need them to get incrementally bigger as the plant does. 1.5 gal n 3 gal.

I have all of that already & im pleased with my current equipment. Basically all I need now is a quality fan & carbon filter. I do think though after this grow or maybe even before it's done I will upgrade to a larger tent, something like a 5x5 & use the current tent as a seedling/veg tent

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I planned on 4 girls. I now am making space for 10, letting the wife cool down before I continue to chop up neighboring rooms to my closet.

Also have two big pc cases setting up for tiny stuff. I leterally goto the gym once a wk now. Lol

Just plan on upgrading n expanding.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Day 22, light should come on in a couple hours, just had to stick my head in for a little peek.. you can def notice the smell now in my basement. I'm hoping to have that handled by the end of the weekend.

IMG 7452
IMG 7453
IMG 7454
IMG 7455
IMG 7456
IMG 7457
Top Bottom