First time grower need help

• Thread starter MiHomeGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Hi everyone,

First time growing and I am running into issues with what seems to be calcium deficiency. Most likely due to low Ph, I believe.

My problem is that I cannot get my ph to come up on these plants. I have flushed with tap water. Ours is 7.0 at the tap and average analysis is 205ppm. 2 gallons of water through 3-1 gallon pots. Maybe I didn’t do enough? I switched to nutes at 1/8 strength and have flushed at least 5 gallons over 2 days through them with no luck raising ph in the coco. I’m using a soil ph meter and getting as low as 4.9 this morning on one plant.

Growing in coco/ perlite. Using fox farm nutes (grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom). I have even tried cal mag and water with no luck.

2 of these plants are 29 days into bloom and I don’t want to lose anymore harvest than I’m already going to.

A little broke at the moment as well so any home remedies are greatly appreciated!

Current conditions:
36x24x53 grow tent
Vivosun 400w super hps
80 degrees / 46% RH daytime
73 degrees /55-60% RH night
Water 3 times daily with 1/4 strength fox farm nutes stated above.

Thanks for any insight to help fix this.

First time grower need help
First time grower need help 2
First time grower need help 3
First time grower need help 4
First time grower need help 5
First time grower need help 6
First time grower need help 7
First time grower need help 8
First time grower need help 9
First time grower need help 10
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Enforcer ... Told I was gonna lol.

Don't panic I could be wrong but it's kinda looking like an actual case of leaf septoria

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I certainly hope it isn’t. In my mind it feels like it is possible there are more than one causes here. The spots started on perfectly green leaves Saturday. Only on one plant. That plant had a ph in the coco of 5.0 (in the pics it’s the worst looking of them all - upper left). The newest one started yesterday and had a ph of 5.2. That’s when the flushing started. I am wondering if I locked them out accidentally...leading to cal def ...necrosis and that necrosis is giving a place for fungus to now take over...maybe i am overthinking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I certainly hope it isn’t. In my mind it feels like it is possible there are more than one causes here. The spots started on perfectly green leaves Saturday. Only on one plant. That plant had a ph in the coco of 5.0 (in the pics it’s the worst looking of them all - upper left). The newest one started yesterday and had a ph of 5.2. That’s when the flushing started. I am wondering if I locked them out accidentally...leading to cal def ...necrosis and that necrosis is giving a place for fungus to now take over...maybe i am overthinking.

It is possible it's a calcium due to ph especially at that ph. Kinda looking darker than that to me. Usually when I see calcium it's lighter brown. You may need someone with more experience @MIMedGrower @1diesel1 @Jimster @oldskol4evr @Dirtbag @Burned Haze @OldManRiver @Jack og @az2000 I know forgot a bunch but that should get ya the answer and probably piss some ppl off at the same time all be it not intentionally.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I cant advise how to water/feed coco but i can say those plants were way over fertilized and that drives ph down ad well as burns the leaves and then blocks roots.

I may have mis-led with the feeding. I am using 1/4 of the strength from the grow chart provided by fox farms for hydro not the bottle. If that’s still too much I’m open to suggestions.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I believe your problem is your nutrient line. Is the the fox farm for soil or hydro? You need the hydro line for coco coir. The one for soil will not work in coco.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I may have mis-led with the feeding. I am using 1/4 of the strength from the grow chart provided by fox farms for hydro not the bottle. If that’s still too much I’m open to suggestions.

So you are using the hydro line?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like i said i dont grow in coco and dont know how to advise fertilizing.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Attached are the nutes I am using. As well as the worst of the 3 plants in sunlight. (One of them has zero evidence of this issue and is 22 days into bloom).

C60C3D04 0CD6 44C8 90DD B2FE4208EF7D
FB0FD6AC C020 4FD1 B737 BD9404E765D5
B7B1C050 38A8 4C8A A5D3 7BD87AE27BE9
3FF81F40 327A 4F11 9BCA 4052107D7063
DDC5EC09 E609 4247 88A0 49D333A9AF32
Seraphine

Seraphine

No. It’s nutrient lock out because his pH is too low. I’m waiting to hear back on if he is using the soil or hydro line.
If he’s using the soil formula, he’s not getting enough calcium and the soil formula will mess up his pH. If he is using the hydro then there is something else we are missing.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No. It’s nutrient lock out because his pH is too low. I’m waiting to hear back on if he is using the soil or hydro line.
Yes absolutely... My concern was if it was possibly also leaf septoria because that needs to be corrected ASAP along with ph and nutrients. Because you can correct the rest but If it's leaf septoria fixing the other issues will not fix that.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Get yourself some hydroponic nutrients ASAP.
First, thank you all for the help and reply’s.

Second, I certainly will do that. I can’t believe the hydro store sold this to me knowing I bought coco and perlite at the same damn time!!!

I will report back once I have some better results.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Or if your budget is tight, can you stick them in the ground. Then you could keep using that line.

Seraphine

Seraphine

You can use the general hydroponic flora trio line. I am sure they have that at the grow store. I’d pick up some cal mag too.

Top Bottom