First time grower need help

• Thread starter MiHomeGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Or if your budget is tight, can you stick them in the ground. Then you could keep using that line.
I don’t have the privacy requirements outside at the moment to put them in the ground. I’ll figure it out until payday. 👍

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I do have cal-mag. I’ve just been reluctant to use it with my ph so low and I know that stuff is pretty low ph itself.

My shopping list includes a new product line of nutes, ph and TDS pens and evidently some more research.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’d stop bringing your plants outside too. That’s a big fat no no if you grow indoors. You don’t want to add pests to your list of problems. Trust me, I’m battling some form of spider mite that drifted it’s way in.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Id try to return the nutrients and demand an exchange for correct nutrients for coco.
Now you’re causing me to wonder if these nutes are what caused the mother of these plants to stress and nanner. She turned at 40 days into bloom. She was a grease monkey seed and these are her clones.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Here’s what I think is going on. The FoxFarm Big Bloom is organic. Feeding organics in coco must be done sparingly. The organic components are rotting in the root zone driving the pH down. I would flush the coco with a lot of plain pH corrected water and switch nutrient line. There are a lot of better choices for coco than FoxFarms.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I’d stop bringing your plants outside too. That’s a big fat no no if you grow indoors. You don’t want to add pests to your list of problems. Trust me, I’m battling some form of spider mite that drifted it’s way in.
That was for that pic and clarity. You’re right though and that isn’t a normal practice for me at all. I’m sort of resigned to a reduced crop and feeling kinda down about that so I didn’t take proper care.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Here’s what I think is going on. The FoxFarm Big Bloom is organic. Feeding organics in coco must be done sparingly. The organic components are rotting in the root zone driving the pH down. I would flush the coco with a lot of plain pH corrected water and switch nutrient line. There are a lot of better choices for coco than FoxFarms.
Thank you for the clear information! I’ve seen enough now on nutes to be convinced to switch. Also I will be trying to get a refund/ exchange.

Follow-up question: my city water is 7.0 out of the tap, should I ph down to say 6.0 or just flush with that 7.0 and monitor ph accordingly?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Thank you for the clear information! I’ve seen enough now on nutes to be convinced to switch. Also I will be trying to get a refund/ exchange.

Follow-up question: my city water is 7.0 out of the tap, should I ph down to say 6.0 or just flush with that 7.0 and monitor ph accordingly?
I’d pH it within the appropriate range for coco. I like my ph a bit higher, around 6.0 -6.2 but that’s just me.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Considering your pH is low, flushing with a slightly higher pH would be fine.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That was for that pic and clarity. You’re right though and that isn’t a normal practice for me at all. I’m sort of resigned to a reduced crop and feeling kinda down about that so I didn’t take proper care.
I feel you, I am down on myself too with this current grow in flower... my light timer got switched to the light on all the time setting so my plants started to reveg and I’ve been fighting these spider mites (luckily not the borg). When I think I got them gone, I find a few more. It’s really hard to stay positive.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I feel you, I am down on myself too with this current grow in flower... my light timer got switched to the light on all the time setting so my plants started to reveg and I’ve been fighting these spider mites (luckily not the borg). When I think I got them gone, I find a few more. It’s really hard to stay positive.
I’m sorry to hear the troubles. It sucks with all the work and effort only to be slapped in flower! 🤬

On a positive note I have a homemade tent next to my bed 25x20x56 with a shelf for flower/rooting and a veg area with a 600w LED(120w actual) for my new critical purple auto flower feminized that went into dirt today. We shall see.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Green cleaner will fix it rotate with habenaro spray every 3 days. Spider mites and eggs will be gone in 2 weeks. I’ve got a thrip problem I’ve been battling for 3 weeks god damn growing in the garage is for the birds:)

Seraphine

Seraphine

Green cleaner will fix it rotate with habenaro spray every 3 days. Spider mites and eggs will be gone in 2 weeks. I’ve got a thrip problem I’ve been battling for 3 weeks god damn growing in the garage is for the birds:)
I actually just order some green cleaner today along with some other less organic, use as a last resort miticide. I’ve been using azamax (both Foliar and soil drench for systemic), azera, and spinosad. I’ve been keeping them at low numbers but I know it’s the application method I’m using. Hand spraying just isn’t cutting it. I’m using the dunk your whole plant method tomorrow.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I actually just order some green cleaner today along with some other less organic, use as a last resort miticide. I’ve been using azamax (both Foliar and soil drench for systemic), azera, and spinosad. I’ve been keeping them at low numbers but I know it’s the application method I’m using. Hand spraying just isn’t cutting it. I’m using the dunk your whole plant method tomorrow.
I find dunking is the best method when it’s feasible. I’ve actually invested in an atomizer, damn things a life saver.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I find dunking is the best method when it’s feasible. I’ve actually invested in an atomizer, damn things a life saver.

I have a plan for my flower tent. I read on a really really old post here to put some green bamboo plants supports in your tent, jack up the fan speed and the mites will move to the bamboo for support, you then wipe the post down with a pesticide and repeat the process as many times as needed.

Madbud

Madbud

Attached are the nutes I am using. As well as the worst of the 3 plants in sunlight. (One of them has zero evidence of this issue and is 22 days into bloom).
Looks a lot like the black spot fungus on roses. Now its getting the sugar leaves too, total loss. I’d throw away the whole pot of coir too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks a lot like the black spot fungus on roses. Now its getting the sugar leaves too, total loss. I’d throw away the whole pot of coir too.
That's what I thought. Leaf septoria. Usually I'm like nope and it's tossed around quite a bit but this time I kinda feel like it is.

Definitely ph and nutrient issues also

Top Bottom