First time grower need help

• Thread starter MiHomeGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I flushed 3 gallons of pure water per pot. Lights out for the night now so I am keeping the dehumidifier going to keep humidity down. It was at 42% at lights out. I will recheck coco ph in about 12 hours when lights are back on.

If the leaves are indeed hit by fungus it will keep spreading. At this point I am in it for the learning on these plants. I have a completely separate gore area in another part of the house that is vegging 2 more plants. If these are toast I’ll clean the whole area and start over in a week or two.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Also, if it makes a difference at all, these spots started a few days ago as rusty colored spots. I’ve been trying to research the issue and found this forum..:hence the post and lateness of the issue. If it’s progressing into something else, I’ll take that as part of the learning.

Finding the root cause, no pun intended, is the import thing at this point since I am just starting out.

We learn and we grow; we grow and we learn.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That's what I thought. Leaf septoria. Usually I'm like nope and it's tossed around quite a bit but this time I kinda feel like it is.

Definitely ph and nutrient issues also
It’s not leaf septoria. Leaf septoria effects plants that are grown outdoors because of the high moisture from rainfall/overhead watering and humidity. It targets the lower leaves first. I have it on my tomatoes outside.

I can post a picture of true leaf septoria tomorrow and then we can compare.

Madbud

Madbud

A couple of dissolved aspirin will kick up the immune system.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

But I guess I could be wrong. I would still try hydro nutrients and see if that turns your plants around.
I am working to keep them going as long as possible. I haven’t given up and coming to this forum has given me a bit of hope that I can save them. There’s really only 1 problem plant so I will know for sure soon enough. One of the others is barely starting to show issues and the third has no signs of stress at all.

I’ll keep an eye on them and report back how they go.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Yup there is.
Interesting read. Is it only foliar feeding or is this also for fertilization? Second thought, will it harm the existing buds if foliar fed or should I not do that at this point to avoid any further possible damage?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Interesting read. Is it only foliar feeding or is this also for fertilization? Second thought, will it harm the existing buds if foliar fed or should I not do that at this point to avoid any further possible damage?
You really don’t want to spray anything after the buds have formed. But foliar feeding is a great option during veg.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

You really don’t want to spray anything after the buds have formed. But foliar feeding is a great option during veg.
This was my initial thought.

As of this morning plants were at 5.6, 6.0, and 5.8. I corrected ph to 6.2 and watered again this morning to about 25% runoff.

I am guessing the only way to know if this works will be visually inspecting for signs of further progression over the coming days.

Side note, these plants smell amazing and the buds are still fattening up, albeit, slower than they should. And trichomes seem to multiply every day. Fingers crossed I can get an actual harvest. I’m thinking they have about 4 weeks yet minimum.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

This is the mother of the plants in this thread. Notice nanners in the loop? That was 40 days in and only thing I could think was too hot...it was touching 85 degrees in there. Been able to control it better since then.

0D639AD5 79D5 4BDF 8CE4 DD59E18A7A0C
B8BB6249 3B4C 4C39 8D54 29E40416D42F
54635F2A 5635 4DE3 BE00 6F8DAB5C3C68
7F93DEF5 26A0 4A2F B85E 60C01EF3668A
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me it looks like nute lock... sorry for getting onboard this thread so late. The problem looks like a magnesium deficiency, although with lock outs, it's hard to tell what the problem is. If I suspected a magnesium deficiency from lockout, I would try a foliar application of cal-mag or Epsom salts. This bypasses the roots and will show improvement quickly if the mag deficiency is to blame. I apologize if this has already been recommended, I might have missed some of the thread's contents.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

To me it looks like nute lock... sorry for getting onboard this thread so late. The problem looks like a magnesium deficiency, although with lock outs, it's hard to tell what the problem is. If I suspected a magnesium deficiency from lockout, I would try a foliar application of cal-mag or Epsom salts. This bypasses the roots and will show improvement quickly if the mag deficiency is to blame. I apologize if this has already been recommended, I might have missed some of the thread's contents.
I only hesitated to do foliar feeding because of the buds and being today 31 days into bloom for fear of rot.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

I really appreciate the replies! I have updates as of the last 20 minutes.

I did manage to get a ph and tds pen. The tds is temp and ppm (no ec). Calibrated both pens and did the following. Prior to reading your reply.

1) city water tests= 7.8ph and 328ppm @ 74.8 degrees. (It sat for an hour).
2) input on all 3 plants for a test run at runoff with 1/3 gallon per plant.
B2 output = 6.3, 328 ppm, 74.4 degrees
B3 = 6.2, 348, 74.4
3.1= 6.3, 330, 74.6

I also traded a full unopened bottle of fox farm grow big for flora grow and will use the tiger bloom until I can change that.

So, any suggestions on how to proceed?

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I'm looking forward to how this turns out. You gotta be feeling pretty good about that big one. I hope the rest recover!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thoughts on septoria?
I've had septoria a handful of times, I don't believe it septoria, but I wouldn't rule out some type of a fungus issue yet, need sharper pictures of the spots.

PH could also be a factor of course, although looks a little dark for calcium spots?

No idea what to do regarding cocoa growing but I use Dolomite to raise and stabilize my pH in soil, don't know why it wouldn't work in Cocoa but maybe somebody else can tell you better than I good luck

Top Bottom