First time grower. Please help.

• Thread starter Vivogrower43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vivogrower43

Thats your first mistake. Had you read a few threads here youd see FF Ocean Forest is NOT for first timers. If you can switch to FF Happy Frog or a more basic soil youll be better off.
I can definitely switch. As I've stated, everywhere I go gives different answers bur the above combo was favored.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Hey, everyone! If this information is already listed in this forum, I apologize. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right to get the best quality possible. I will be growing indoors inside my vivosun. I've got 5 strains, all auto flowering. Gelato, Purple Juice, Godzilla Cookies, Gorilla Glue #4 and Zskittles. I plan to start with GG#4 and Purple Juice. I've done a bunch of research and I may be making it out to be more difficult than it is due to anxiousness but once I germinate my seeds, what soils, nutes, stages at which I should do what, and methods do I need? I get different answers from everywhere I look. I guess I'm just looking for someone to simplify it. Please help. Thanks for any information.
Often overlooked is growing environment, make sure you have a humidifier for veg and a dehumidifier for flower.

V

Vivogrower43

Often overlooked is growing environment, make sure you have a humidifier for veg and a dehumidifier for flower.
I live in a very humid state. Inside of my tent right now is 61.4°F at 51% humidity with nothing in it and nothing turned on. I've been playing with the adjustments to raise and lower temp and humidity. I will look more into this, though. Thank you!

Maxwax

Maxwax

I can definitely switch. As I've stated, everywhere I go gives different answers bur the above combo was favored.
Its a tricky soil for first timers. I thought you already bought it but yeah Im a first timer and having great success with Happy Frog. Both HF and Ocean Forest are what they call Live soils as they have microbes and nutrients already in there. OF being "hotter" than HF. You wont need to use nutrients until the plants are 4 weeks old....more or less.

Maxwax

Maxwax

I live in a very humid state. Inside of my tent right now is 61.4°F at 51% humidity with nothing in it and nothing turned on. I've been playing with the adjustments to raise and lower temp and humidity. I will look more into this, though. Thank you!
Youre gonna want it 80 degrees and 75% humidity for the first 7-10 days. A humidifier is a must. I supplement heat with a small lasko space heater outside the tent. Its debateable if youll need a de humidifier. Id wait until you need one to buy one. You may be able to control humidity otherwise with fans an proper ventilation/exhaust and depending on the size of your grow area and how many plants you cram in there.

V

Vivogrower43

Youre gonna want it 80 degrees and 75% humidity for the first 10 days. A humidifier is a must. I supplement heat with a small lasko space heater outside the tent. Its debateable if youll need a de humidifier. Id wait until you need one to buy one. You may be able to control humidity otherwise with fans an proper ventilation/exhaust.

Its a tricky soil for first timers. I thought you already bought it but yeah Im a first timer and having great success with Happy Frog. Both HF and Ocean Forest are what they call Live soils as they have microbes and nutrients already in there. OF being "hotter" than HF. You wont need to use nutrients until the plants are 4 weeks old....more or less.
I have already bought it and it's shipped but I can get HF. Although, you saying that, I'm gonna try to use my OF bc I don't know if I'll be able to send it back and it's kind of expensive. It may be trickier but id like to try since I've already got it.

V

Vivogrower43

I have already bought it and it's shipped but I can get HF. Although, you saying that, I'm gonna try to use my OF bc I don't know if I'll be able to send it back and it's kind of expensive. It may be trickier but id like to try since I've already got it.

I'm new to all of this, even forums. I'm used to figuring stuff out on my own but I am very passionate about starting this journey. Would I just transfer it to the OF and not nute it for 3-4 weeks and then start my nute schedule?

V

Vivogrower43

I'm new to all of this, even forums. I'm used to figuring stuff out on my own but I am very passionate about starting this journey. Would I just transfer it to the OF and not nute it for 3-4 weeks and then start my nute schedule?
Disregard planting directly into OF. I just read it's too hot for seedlings. The post I read said to line the bottom, about halfway up with OF and top it off to about 2-3 inches from the top with HF. Thats supposed to allow the young roots to grow and by the time they reach the OF, they're ready for those extra nutes.

Maxwax

Maxwax

In theory. PH adjust your water (Get small bottles of PH Up and Down and a PH Pen) and dont feed until the plants tell you theyre hungry IMO and you wont be transplanting into larger vessels for three weeks. Use solo cups with drain holes or jiffy cups till then. Yeah telling you, ditch that OF. Its trouble. And my advice is the same for Happy Frog. Water it and leave it alone until after you transplant in 3 weeks.

V

Vivogrower43

Disregard planting directly into OF. I just read it's too hot for seedlings. The post I read said to line the bottom, about halfway up with OF and top it off to about 2-3 inches from the top with HF. Thats supposed to allow the young roots to grow and by the time they reach the OF, they're ready for those extra nutes.
In theory. PH adjust your water (Get small bottles of PH Up and Down and a PH Pen) and dont feed until the plants tell you theyre hungry IMO.
I have natural spring and artesian water all around me. It's all I use/drink, period. It sits, naturally at 7.2 ph

Maxwax

Maxwax

And Im new as well with more experience than you but I tel you this as I just learned a lot....I could be wrong on some things and if anyone needs to correct what Ive said Im all for it. Im also typing it as a way to help me cement it in my brain.... Theres alot of custom cool things you need to learn ad know but its ll here in this place just search. That being said....Theres been awesome grows throwing seeds in the ground and not even looking at the plant for 5 months....so....there ya go. My point is....dont over complicate your first grow and dont over fuck with the plants. Theyve been doing this for a million years they dont need a lot of help.

Maxwax

Maxwax

I have natural spring and artesian water all around me. It's all I use/drink, period. It sits, naturally at 7.2 ph
Right. So is my tap water. But you need it around 6.3.

V

Vivogrower43

Right. So is my tap water. But you need it around 6.3.
Awesome! I'll get those, as, we'll. I also ordered 2 bags of happy frog. I appreciate your help! I'll be posting my progress as I go so, hopefully, this community will be patient with helping me. I know how I can be with my questions and I understand it gets annoying/redundant considering all of this info is out there. It's just better, to me, if I can talk to actual growers during my first grow, so I can make sure I'm doing things right.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I'll give you my products and plan that I've got at this point. I got some rapid rooter plant starters that I'm going to germinate in. I will then plant that directly into my FF soil in a 5 gallon fabric pot inside my VIVOSUN tent. I've got the FF nute trio, a myocardial supplement for the roots and some Cal-Mag just in case. I've got ph meters and plan to use the nutes at 1/4-1/2 the recommended dose after about 2-3 weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how I know when my plants change stages to adjust my nutes properly. I'll give you any info you need on my set up to help me out more. I really appreciate it.
For your first grow you should be ok with that approach. Just watch your watering practices, keep nutes to minimum and go easy with the light intensity. You’ll do fine.

V

Vivogrower43

For your first grow you should be ok with that approach. Just watch your watering practices, keep nutes to minimum and go easy with the light intensity. You’ll do fine.
I plan to run my light at 12/12 intervals at about 50%. If you have a better approach, feel free to share. Thanks for the comment. I got my watering schedule from a website that recommended every other day starting at 250ml and increasing to 500ml up to a liter- 1.5 liters as the plant reaches different stages in its growth. Does that sound right?

Maxwax

Maxwax

I plan to run my light at 12/12 intervals at about 50%. If you have a better approach, feel free to share. Thanks for the comment. I got my watering schedule from a website that recommended every other day starting at 250ml and increasing to 500ml up to a liter- 1.5 liters as the plant reaches different stages in its growth. Does that sound right?
No. Do some homework friend. Google, and read here etc.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Once youve germinated and planted in solo cups you go 24 hours lights on for 5 days, then 18 on 6 off for five weeks or so. 12/12 is when you put them into flowering stage. But yeah if you didnt know that much you have some reaearch to do. Tons of good information out there....most of it good.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Before you do anything buy a environment fan controller, you set the speed of the fan low or high about 15-30% is usually where you want it so fan is not on full it be spinning low at 15-30% 24-7 this constantly takes old air our and new air / C02 in or they suffocate can't breath, and the fan controller then also will have temp setting so you set it to your desired temp for Led set it to 78f that's 25.5c and this then keeps the room in a 2° range so it's set to 78f when the room hits about 79.5/80f The fan comes on full blast and drops the temp back to 78f and repeats so the room temps always stays correct. The fan controller will have a tempreurre sensor this should be kept at the plant tips always led don't cover it, but if your using hps or cfl light you need to shade it from above light Or radiant heat off the lights will heat it up and mess with it.
If it for hps or cfl light you set fan to 24c this keeps the room / canopy level air temp at 75-77f led need a hotter temo that's 78-80f
night temps 10°less than day max
Aim for about 5 is ideally and 10 is fine just Monte then 10 of ahoxka the plants and can cause to tuen male apparently
^
That fan speed and temp controller is 100% a must have

Don't you have a local hydro grow show if you go their they will sell your the correct soil and feed

Jeep water temps at 68-70f is ment to be sweet spot 75 max

Top Bottom