First time grower. Please help.

• Thread starter Vivogrower43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

Hey, everyone! If this information is already listed in this forum, I apologize. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right to get the best quality possible. I will be growing indoors inside my vivosun. I've got 5 strains, all auto flowering. Gelato, Purple Juice, Godzilla Cookies, Gorilla Glue #4 and Zskittles. I plan to start with GG#4 and Purple Juice. I've done a bunch of research and I may be making it out to be more difficult than it is due to anxiousness but once I germinate my seeds, what soils, nutes, stages at which I should do what, and methods do I need? I get different answers from everywhere I look. I guess I'm just looking for someone to simplify it. Please help. Thanks for any informat
"New Cannabis Farmerer" 1st Grow - The best advice I can give You, is to plant 2 seeds of the same strain, and expect nothing. If you already have FFOF that will work,(these guys telling u its too hot well thats true if you were wetting out the whole pot all at once which is not neccesary - no offense fellas) fill your 5 gal pot with FFOF, dig out a "solo cup size" planting hole in the middle, water the bottom of the planting hole slowly with 1.5 cups PH'd 6.0 clean water(ro or rain) fill hole with Coco mixed 50/50 with your FFOF, You will need peat pellets for the next step. Fill a bowl 1.5 cups with PH'd water 6.0 (5.8-6.3 is fine) drop pellets in soak for 10 minutes till they expand, massage pellets to help expand and drop back in for 5 minutes, remove pellets let them drip dont squeeze, now your going to scissor cut the pellet fabric and remove fabric at the top, using a wire or small screw driver and loosen the soil in the pellet at least half way down the pellet(dont loosen the very bottom of the pellet soil) now your going to remove the fabric off the bottom of the pellet without losing the soil, after this plant the pellets into the center of your 50/50 mix we did above, plant seeds point down(crown up) 1/4" deep, cover over gently with the loosened peat. Place clear domes over both pellets/pots (clear solo cups/bottoms cut of pop bottles will work as domes). It is good to have a spray bottle with PH'd water handy. I would now turn your lights on to 50% power @ 30" inches and leave them on, u want temps 72-80F. Do not water. in 3-4 days seeds will pop. These pic's will give you reference. You can spray mist the soil outside the dome, and inside the dome but no more water for the pellets.
IMG 3217
IMG 3213
IMG 3215
IMG 3217

V

Vivogrower43

Once youve germinated and planted in solo cups you go 24 hours lights on for 5 days, then 18 on 6 off for five weeks or so. 12/12 is when you put them into flowering stage. But yeah if you didnt know that much you have some reaearch to do. Tons of good information out there....most of it good.
See, that's
Before you do anything buy a environment fan controller, you set the speed of the fan low or high about 15-30% is usually where you want it so fan is not on full it be spinning low at 15-30% 24-7 this constantly takes old air our and new air / C02 in or they suffocate can't breath, and the fan controller then also will have temp setting so you set it to your desired temp for Led set it to 78f that's 25.5c and this then keeps the room in a 2° range so it's set to 78f when the room hits about 79.5/80f The fan comes on full blast and drops the temp back to 78f and repeats so the room temps always stays correct. The fan controller will have a tempreurre sensor this should be kept at the plant tips always led don't cover it, but if your using hps or cfl light you need to shade it from above light Or radiant heat off the lights will heat it up and mess with it.
If it for hps or cfl light you set fan to 24c this keeps the room / canopy level air temp at 75-77f led need a hotter temo that's 78-80f
night temps 10°less than day max
Aim for about 5 is ideally and 10 is fine just Monte then 10 of ahoxka the plants and can cause to tuen male apparently
^
That fan speed and temp controller is 100% a must have

Don't you have a local hydro grow show if you go their they will sell your the correct soil and feed

Jeep water temps at 68-70f is ment to be sweet spot 75 max
I have everything that came with the VIVOSUN grow tent kit. I have the 2.7x2.7x50. It's decent size. It came with controllable exhaust fan, carbon filter, and LED grow light. I will try to find what you suggested above. Unfortunately, I don't have local shows I can attend so I'm having to gather my info from the internet

V

Vivogrower43

He's growing autoflowers....he won't need 12/12 light cycles at all. 18/6 will do him fine through the whole run.
I think a lot of these guys missed that I'm growing AF plants because some of the info I'm getting is more related to photo period plants. Thanks for you comment!!

V

Vivogrower43

"New Cannabis Farmerer" 1st Grow - The best advice I can give You, is to plant 2 seeds of the same strain, and expect nothing. If you already have FFOF that will work,(these guys telling u its too hot well thats true if you were wetting out the whole pot all at once which is not neccesary - no offense fellas) fill your 5 gal pot with FFOF, dig out a "solo cup size" planting hole in the middle, water the bottom of the planting hole slowly with 1.5 cups PH'd 6.0 clean water(ro or rain) fill hole with Coco mixed 50/50 with your FFOF, You will need peat pellets for the next step. Fill a bowl 1.5 cups with PH'd water 6.0 (5.8-6.3 is fine) drop pellets in soak for 10 minutes till they expand, massage pellets to help expand and drop back in for 5 minutes, remove pellets let them drip dont squeeze, now your going to scissor cut the pellet fabric and remove fabric at the top, using a wire or small screw driver and loosen the soil in the pellet at least half way down the pellet(dont loosen the very bottom of the pellet soil) now your going to remove the fabric off the bottom of the pellet without losing the soil, after this plant the pellets into the center of your 50/50 mix we did above, plant seeds point down(crown up) 1/4" deep, cover over gently with the loosened peat. Place clear domes over both pellets/pots (clear solo cups/bottoms cut of pop bottles will work as domes). It is good to have a spray bottle with PH'd water handy. I would now turn your lights on to 50% power @ 30" inches and leave them on, u want temps 72-80F. Do not water. in 3-4 days seeds will pop. These pic's will give you reference. You can spray mist the soil outside the dome, and inside the dome but no more water for the pellets.View attachment 1232733View attachment 1232734View attachment 1232735View attachment 1232733
Thank you for this information. This is very helpful. I'm going to be posting the progress at 2-3 week intervals. Once I've got this first grow down pat, I'll have it.

V

Vivogrower43

Thank you for this information. This is very helpful. I'm going to be posting the progress at 2-3 week intervals. Once I've got this first grow down pat, I'll have it.

This is the website I'm getting most of my info from. Is it accurate?

freezeland2

freezeland2

"New Cannabis Farmerer" 1st Grow - The best advice I can give You, is to plant 2 seeds of the same strain, and expect nothing. If you already have FFOF that will work,(these guys telling u its too hot well thats true if you were wetting out the whole pot all at once which is not neccesary - no offense fellas) fill your 5 gal pot with FFOF, dig out a "solo cup size" planting hole in the middle, water the bottom of the planting hole slowly with 1.5 cups PH'd 6.0 clean water(ro or rain) fill hole with Coco mixed 50/50 with your FFOF, You will need peat pellets for the next step. Fill a bowl 1.5 cups with PH'd water 6.0 (5.8-6.3 is fine) drop pellets in soak for 10 minutes till they expand, massage pellets to help expand and drop back in for 5 minutes, remove pellets let them drip dont squeeze, now your going to scissor cut the pellet fabric and remove fabric at the top, using a wire or small screw driver and loosen the soil in the pellet at least half way down the pellet(dont loosen the very bottom of the pellet soil) now your going to remove the fabric off the bottom of the pellet without losing the soil, after this plant the pellets into the center of your 50/50 mix we did above, plant seeds point down(crown up) 1/4" deep, cover over gently with the loosened peat. Place clear domes over both pellets/pots (clear solo cups/bottoms cut of pop bottles will work as domes). It is good to have a spray bottle with PH'd water handy. I would now turn your lights on to 50% power @ 30" inches and leave them on, u want temps 72-80F. Do not water. in 3-4 days seeds will pop. These pic's will give you reference. You can spray mist the soil outside the dome, and inside the dome but no more water for the pellets.View attachment 1232733View attachment 1232734View attachment 1232735View attachment 1232733
Cyclops method when your pot is full of hot soil.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I have this rhino one had it for years a but dated now
Screenshot 20220404 171619 eBay

But you can get others
Screenshot 20220404 171705 eBay
Screenshot 20220404 171648 eBay

Then you can use inkbirds below I have 2 temprture ones , 1 I use lights on so if room gets to cold it turns my heater on and off when needed and I use the other one for lights off that controls the night heater on and off
Screenshot 20220404 172422 Amazon Shopping

Then
A inkbird that turns humidifiers and dehumidifier on and off
Screenshot 20220404 172934 Amazon Shopping

Or
One like below that does all of above
In one controller
Screenshot 20220328 214631 Chrome

And lastly lol
Screenshot 20220404 172629 Amazon Shopping

I use these cheap basic thermometer I set all other stuff do any numbers to make this white themrometre read what u want for temps and humidity
All other devices inuae seem inaccurit see,
If tested loads of expensice ones and wireless ones and ones with a probe the all shit even the white one with a probe are inaccurate temps readings be all over the place, just a standard plastic one u want at the canopy plant tops

All this will auto run your room makes life so easier and saves electric ad the the the heaters on and off exactly when needed

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I think a lot of these guys missed that I'm growing AF plants because some of the info I'm getting is more related to photo period plants. Thanks for you comment!!

80% of the technique and information applies to both with a few key, important differences. Biggest differences are your light schedules, training techniques(limited time), and pot sizes to a certain extent.

2Live

2Live

Here's a practical answer. Your first crop is an experiment in learning limits. Whatever soil or nutes or lights you use, you'll have to learn what to look for in your plants as well as what people recommend. You'll likely overwater, overfeeding and overlight at some point. You'll need to learn a bunch of technical things along the way. In short, some of your best learning will come from mistakes, so plan for them.

Autos are unforgiving of mistakes. They tend not to have time to recover. I'd go with a starter crop the first time.

And take notes.
This is a GEM!!! Experience is the greatest teacher!

Klosetkannabis

Klosetkannabis

I figured that much. Although, from what im reading, its not THAT simple. What soil is the best type/brand? What nutes are recommended? Ive seen the FoxFarm recommended. That's the main thing I'm having troubles with. I've researched feeding/light schedules so I think I've got that part. Maybe I'm just over complicating it but I've never grown cannabis (or any plant for that matter) so I'm trying to do it right. I'm worried over/under doing things. I appreciate your input.
Fox farm or happy frog or any soil that is organic and real fine if you don't get fox farm or happy frog you have to mix it with perlite. I had the same problem and used just peat moss and burned them right up. Best of luck to you and feel free to contact me and let me know how it's going

Top Bottom