First Time Grower Querkle

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I will look into trimming some up over this weekend then I am sort of at the hands off point in my grow or so i understand. I don't think I want to be messing with stuff after week 3 on a 8-9 week strain do I? Is there a good rule of what should come off my plants are way bushy the biggest one is only a total of 17 inches tall from the top of the pot to the top of the tallest growing shoot. they are however 22-26 inches across. I wonder what amount does my light penetration factor into the need to trim up inside. These plants are very leafy and on some advice of a fellow local grower I have been keeping some of the excess leaf matter pulled out. I will check around here any ideas were to look at a good thread or grower for how to clean the girls up. I am not afraid to give them a bondage cant really bend them down much anymore.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Lookin Good Dankz ,

Keep the pictures coming & enjoy the learning experience ,,,

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Thank you all for the encouagement its good to hear the weeks and weeks worth of reading I did before starting has helped so far. My next thought I have added some i guess you would call them scrogging supports is this the right thought to open up my plants and get more light to the budding sites. Pictures show them and how they fit into my plants

Scroged out 001
Scroged out 002
Scroged out 003
Scroged out 004
hashrip

hashrip

That's just a trellis. It's def good to have because it will keep your branches from toppling over when they get heavy with buds. And yes you will be able to open her up a little better but it's not a scrog. The purpose of a scrog is to keep all the branches of the plant on a flat plane. That way each possible bud site gets equal amounts of light intensity, making them all think they are the top cola. The top cola will always grow as big as it can with the nutrients it has available because that's how this plant increases its chances of reproducing. I'm not sure if this is helpful to you but I'll leave you a link to a scrog tutorial that is a great reference and will simplify scroging for you. It's too late for you to try a scrog this time but it's def something you should check out for next time. Also it will help you understand how the plant grows better. But for now you should probably just stick with the trellis, you made the right decision by adding it. Sorry this is so long winded... my state of mind is not great right now!! :) Anyway, hope this helps.

Scrog tutorial

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I kind of had scrogs on my brain. I was looking at some seeds for the round after next and I choose Jack Herer. beans on the way :D Jack supposedly gets kinda tallish and I dont have the room for that to happen my light max out a little less than 6 feet from floor to the highest they can go.

Thanks Harshrip for all the good info.

I do like the trellises the idea at this point was to help hold up buds as they start growing. I left the tallest plant ( the more sativa looking one thinking she is the Spacequeen dom pheno) in the trellis her limbs are much more spindly. the two shorter girls i pulled it off because i need to shorten the trellis supports a tad, but those girls stems and stalks are like bridge pillars so I gave them a little light bondage to open them up and get lots of light every were into them.
I hope the shorter girls will get another 4-5 inches taller but it appears my girls have reached the end of growing. No more green fingers poking out of the top of growing shoots just little clusters of white hairs with a few tiny sugar leaves starting to poke out of them. The snow is starting to form up on all the tiny buds now also i think its gonna be snowing soon :rock

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I choose to grow as organically as I am able I understand it is harder to mess things up in a soil or coco soil mix I choose Roots Organic mix I have also selected my nutrients from the same company.

So are you Roots soil mix or Roots coco mix? And which nutes are you using, their full organic line, the synthetic line, or the master regimen which use both?
I was going to run 'em one time but it never panned out. You probably flipped 'em a bit early if they're that short but it's all good, part of the journey.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking Good

Grew Querkle a time or two, make sure you've got plenty of moving air around those plants because they were easily affected with powdery mildew. Don't want to sound negative this is an awesome strain all around. The buds will be tasty and potent, you'll love them. Make sure you've got clones of each

mal

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

So are you Roots soil mix or Roots coco mix? And which nutes are you using, their full organic line, the synthetic line, or the master regimen which use both?
I was going to run 'em one time but it never panned out. You probably flipped 'em a bit early if they're that short but it's all good, part of the journey.

I choose the Coco based organic indoor /outdoor growing mix. I am using only products from the Roots Organic line. However at 20 days into flower I am not yet nor do I plan to use all the items in the line up. I do also use Black Strap Molasses purchased at the grocery store for 2 bucks 8 bucks less than my local grow shop wanted. I am trying to get good clean potent medicines :D

I freely admit I flipped these girls to early I prob should have vegged them out to about they size they are now but my wallet said I need to get this process going ( and like a kid at Christmas I couldn't wait to try it out). My grow including my veg set up has me in for about 1800 so far. I expect to spend a lot more later on and turn my current flowering room into veg and build a much larger flowering room. Gotta start in a budget if all goes well I have plenty of space in my current pad for upgrades.

That being said I am enjoying the experience so far and it looks like I have 3 nice girls filling about a 4x4 area. Lets keep praying they start stacking on the bud mass now

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Grew Querkle a time or two, make sure you've got plenty of moving air around those plants because they were easily affected with powdery mildew. Don't want to sound negative this is an awesome strain all around. The buds will be tasty and potent, you'll love them. Make sure you've got clones of each

mal

I would love to hear any tips you might have especially related to your Q grows. I keep tons of air moving 2 10 inch oscillating fans near plant height plus an A/C and Dehumidifier all moving air RH been running 50-60% since the addition of the Dehumidifier.

I have some adorable clones from these girls already. ( Pictures Attached) I was gonna go from seed only but took extra clones when I had such a high male to female ratio. They are just finally starting to look okay I do have the clones numbered so I will be able to single one girl out to become a mom for generations if I am lucky enough to get that dark purple pheno

Querkel Clones 001
Querkel Clones 002
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Any Ideas what could cause this brownish spotting ?? I am thinking they are light burns from when i had some RH issues. Any ideas maybe a nutrient issue I am not thinking of or seeing?

Leaf spots 2 007
Leaf spots 2 006
Leaf spots 2 004
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hello Farmers Here is my Day 21 of flower update. I have both lights running full time now to keep up with the 2 different heights in my plants the 3 girls fill about 70% of my 5x6 grow room now. I have gotten a bit more aggressive with nutrients as they seem to be pigs who can eat all I give them. I am using organic nutrients so I felt a little safer on going to double strength on the Buddha Bloom, HPK, Extreme Serene, Ancient Amber 45 ml per gallon of each of these and a 30 ml of Black Strap Molasses per gallon as well as a full dose of Roots Organic Oregonism. I brew this mix for about 24 hours and PH adjust it to 6.4 ish. Usually leaves me a run off PH of around 5.9-6.1 They get this brew of nutrients sugars micro organisms every other watering right now. They are using around 1 gallon of water each per day the last 3 days.

Dont they look awesome

Flower 21 001
Flower 21 002
Flower 21 003
Flower 21 004
Invictus

Invictus

Doc,
I'm watching you and am fired up! The tramps are lookin great!

Peace,
Invictus

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Doc,
I'm watching you and am fired up! The tramps are lookin great!

Peace,
Invictus

I have them all tied up in some bondage and locked in the dark the moment they love that shit. Looks like they are building snow forts but you cant see it with my old camera yet.

Invictus

Invictus

I have them all tied up in some bondage and locked in the dark the moment they love that shit. Looks like they are building snow forts but you cant see it with my old camera yet.

LOL, tied up and in the dark. NICE...:banana1sv6:

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Ok so the girls have really been drinking up the water around a gallon a day. I noticed today after watering with plain RO water that my run off ph is is up at about 7. I am guessing this is from how thick I made my last feeding. Is this anything to be worried about. I kind of over watered about maybe 1/3 of a gallon per plant today to flush them a bit hoping that will bring my ph back down in my soil a tad.

G

gooey

no worrys, cheacking runoff in organics form what ive read does not matter...if you put in the right stuff the soil will correct any problems...however you are using coco which i have no clue if that applys....you truly are dong a fine job for rd 1, keep giving them love and you will be a happy camper...peace

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

no worrys, cheacking runoff in organics form what ive read does not matter...if you put in the right stuff the soil will correct any problems...however you are using coco which i have no clue if that applys....you truly are dong a fine job for rd 1, keep giving them love and you will be a happy camper...peace

I was not sure if it mattered but since it had been below 6.4 in the past I was mildly concerned I might be heading down a path to bad things. Does anyone know for sure how important or how unimportant run off PH is in coco mix.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Just a quick update. Here are the girls just after lights out on day 24 of flower. If you notice the brownish sport on a few leaves they are from light burn or humidty burning the water off the leaves before i had RH under control. Unless you see it as something different. Bud stacking is now in full swing and the inside of the grow room has a distinctly deliciously dank grapey smell. It doesn't show super well in these pictures but stalks are now starting to turn purple on my biggest girl.

Flower 24 008
Flower 24 003
Flower 24 007
Flower 24 006
Flower 24 005
S

Shamrock

I love TGA. I have grown out jillbean, Qleaner, agent orange, and I have some plush berrys that are just starting to show sex. I have found at LEAST 1 keeper in each pack. I have had purple phenos in all 3 of the strains listed above. Im sure you will have a couple purple phenos to choose from.

Killer job on your first grow! keep up the good work

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I love TGA. I have grown out jillbean, Qleaner, agent orange, and I have some plush berrys that are just starting to show sex. I have found at LEAST 1 keeper in each pack. I have had purple phenos in all 3 of the strains listed above. Im sure you will have a couple purple phenos to choose from.

Killer job on your first grow! keep up the good work

Thanks man its always great to hear things look like they are going well. I did a ton of studying before starting to grow but you never know how well the practice will meet the theory. I really love these girls they are really starting to get that classic Dank smell to them. I almost purchased the Jilly bean or I was looking at the Jack the ripper also. I am smoking some plush berry a friend grew right now its yummy too but not the purple pheno you will dig that strain when yours get bigger. TGA has some killer stuff.

Lets keep praying these girls turn that beautiful purple color.

Top Bottom