First Time Grower Querkle

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SLO Grown

Lots good! Another seed strain (Querkle) ripped off by Subzero....

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Lots good! Another seed strain (Querkle) ripped off by Subzero....

Do you personally have any proof of this or do you just like to spew rumors run around by lots of other people who don't know what they are talking about?? If you do have personal proof why don't you share it so the whole world can see it in a thread devoted to bashing breeders you personally don't like. No matter your personal opinions TGA Subcool is a legitimate source for high quality genetics.

thanks your feed back it was so helpful too Slo Grown

T

T.O.C.

Just a quick update. Here are the girls just after lights out on day 24 of flower. If you notice the brownish sport on a few leaves they are from light burn or humidty burning the water off the leaves before i had RH under control. Unless you see it as something different. Bud stacking is now in full swing and the inside of the grow room has a distinctly deliciously dank grapey smell. It doesn't show super well in these pictures but stalks are now starting to turn purple on my biggest girl.
not sure if its the same thing but my first 2 grows i was so afraid of nute burning that i was underfeeding my ladies. many burns/defs can look very similar. the only reason i c it as a possibility is mine were very light green like yours, might just be hungry.

TOC

I love TGA. I have grown out jillbean, Qleaner, agent orange, and I have some plush berrys that are just starting to show sex. I have found at LEAST 1 keeper in each pack. I have had purple phenos in all 3 of the strains listed above. Im sure you will have a couple purple phenos to choose from.

Killer job on your first grow! keep up the good work
how did you like jillybean, i have had my eye on it for a while.

TOC

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hey Toc I had not considered that. I was counting on the Coco Roots to provide most of what the girls need for the first couple of weeks. I have started alternation of plain h2o and a batch of nutrients I did feed them heavier than the directions last batch, but I do know some strains can be a lot hungrier than per bottle directions for some reason I was thinking a little under fed would be better than over feeding. Would a lack of nutrients in the soil cause them to use water faster seeking it?

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looking great man...Querkle is another one I haven't tried but ran Deep Purple which has it in it and it was bomb,but your girls are looking really good and you should totally grab a pack of the jack the ripper stuff is awesome I have a really good pheno that is in my keeper collection,I have a recent grow of it posted on here...keep up the good work!!

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Looking great man...Querkle is another one I haven't tried but ran Deep Purple which has it in it and it was bomb,but your girls are looking really good and you should totally grab a pack of the jack the ripper stuff is awesome I have a really good pheno that is in my keeper collection,I have a recent grow of it posted on here...keep up the good work!!

Thanks very much Mitchy. I was checking out that grow of yours. I have some Jack Herer seeds im gonna be popping soon I think I will prob be crossing it back with my Querkle male at some point but i hear that the JTR is just mind bendingly good dankness. TGA gear going strong thanks for the feed back bro. I will check out that grow too

S

supasticky

measure up about 6-10 inches from the bottom. cut off any branches lower than that. dont cut higher stuff off. You'll just be cutting off future nugs.

-Supa

edit- unless the branches reach up to the top of the canopy. Im just saying cut off stuff at the bottom thats not going to get any light.

W

wanderingwobble

ive always loved tga's gear. not really too worried about where it originated or whose strain it was originally. :/ lookin really bomb though man! you said your running the mh and the hps?just a tip but if i were you id to rotate your plants to where they all get under the mh for the last couple weeks even if it is just every other day. itll improve denseness and resin productivity noticably

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

measure up about 6-10 inches from the bottom. cut off any branches lower than that. dont cut higher stuff off. You'll just be cutting off future nugs.

-Supa

edit- unless the branches reach up to the top of the canopy. Im just saying cut off stuff at the bottom thats not going to get any light.

Thanks bro this helps a bit. I got some really good feed back from Seamadien and some others. Its really a bit late sounds like to do much to them

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

ive always loved tga's gear. not really too worried about where it originated or whose strain it was originally. :/ lookin really bomb though man! you said your running the mh and the hps?just a tip but if i were you id to rotate your plants to where they all get under the mh for the last couple weeks even if it is just every other day. itll improve denseness and resin productivity noticably

Hey Wandering thanks bro someone mentioned that to me but also suggested something I had been reading about the warmer coloring of hps is better in mid flower so I have gone to Both HPS bulbs in this part of flowering in the last 2 weeks I will run them in rotation again to help with resin production. Or at least that is my understanding of how to improve my desnity and resins.

W

wanderingwobble

definitely!! i whip out the mh bulbs with about two weeks of flowering left. lookin like youve got a handle on this. the farmers here have some really good advice. cleaning up your undergrowth will almost always help your harvest, rids you of alot of the popcorn nuggs that alot of people dont want. so folks like the smaller nuggs for hash and whatnot but personally id rather growth be focused on my colas

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

definitely!! i whip out the mh bulbs with about two weeks of flowering left. lookin like youve got a handle on this. the farmers here have some really good advice. cleaning up your undergrowth will almost always help your harvest, rids you of alot of the popcorn nuggs that alot of people dont want. so folks like the smaller nuggs for hash and whatnot but personally id rather growth be focused on my colas

Thanks for the info and the feed back Wandering. I want the same thing big dank sexy ass colas so I will be removing some popcorn even more yet tonight once I am feeling up to it today. Keep checking back things are just starting to get good round here

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hello Farmers. Time for my day 28 update. I have a couple of things going on right now that I would like some feed back about. I have a bit of yellowing going on with my biggest girl I am not sure if this is due to some kind of mag lockout or a touch of over watering. Now the stems to the leaves on this plant have turned the darkest deepest purple I have ever seen on a leaf stem as well as the same dark purple color is now starting to run down the stalks of this plant, so I have considered this could be part of the plants natural color change process. This plant is fully pot bound and it showed up right after watering. the 2 smaller girls ( the shorter of my 2 phenos) show a little of these same ailments ( if indeed it is an ailment). Would love feed back / ideas on how to properly address these issues. I was thinking 2-3 ml of H2O2 per gallon of H2O after they dry out real good. Well enough rambling for now on to what you all really want to see. This week I have changed my S.W.A.G method of giving them CO2 and added the PPM-4 CO2 monitor controller as well as a CO2 tank and regulator. ON to the show

Flower 28 001
Flower 28 002
Flower 28 003
Flower 28 004
Flower 28 005
Flower 28 006
Flower 28 007
Flower 28 008
S

SLO Grown

Do you personally have any proof of this or do you just like to spew rumors run around by lots of other people who don't know what they are talking about?? If you do have personal proof why don't you share it so the whole world can see it in a thread devoted to bashing breeders you personally don't like. No matter your personal opinions TGA Subcool is a legitimate source for high quality genetics.

thanks your feed back it was so helpful too Slo Grown

I guess you told me....

Indeed! Have you ever dealt with this Scumbag directly? I Go way back with the humboldt folks. It appears Subzero has Slung some pollen in Michigan.

This is an Article High Times ran on Purple Strains where Subzero lays it on thick and drops names he should not drop: White trash restores sainity to Subzero in the article to follow:

By Subcool

Purple Urkel is a clone-only strain that seems to be the rage among medical clubs and cannabis connoisseurs. Danny Danko asked me to do some research on the popular strain and report on our current project using an Urkel clone mother. Purple Urkel is known for growing somewhat slowly, but its other traits make it very desirable. It turns an amazing purple late in bloom, possesses the most amazing grape/lavender flavor and gives a nice strong stone. But where did it come from?

Purple Urkel or Humboldt Purple (a.k.a. Purple Urple) has been growing in southern Humboldt County since approximately 1989. The Mendo cats are responsible for renaming it “Lavender,” among several other names. A good friend, White Trash Redneck, has grown the Mendocino Lavender cut side by side with the Humboldt Purple Urple/Urkel—as well as the Bridgeville Black Afghan, Nepalese Purple, Pakistani Purple Kush and Tooty Fruity Purple—and he swears they’re all the same cut, renamed.

White Trash Redneck also went on to tell me that the Humboldt Purple cut seems to be an old-school IBL, or Inbred Line, making it ideal for use in breeding projects. He’s bred more than 20 Urkel hybrids and has been impressed with all of them. I’ve discovered quite a few other Purples that are likely the same cut as well, going by such names as Garberville Purple Kush (a.k.a. Swerve’s Cut), Mendocino PK and Kyle Kushman’s PK. An Internet source I’ll leave unnamed says about Kyle’s PK:

Kyle Kushman’s “Purple Kush” is the plant that made Kushman famous after a photograph of the Kush made the cover of the New York Times Magazine about 12 years ago.The magazine is not a weed-centric publication, and the article stated how much real money is made by indoor gardening based on black-market forces and the technology that was in place then (grow lights, seeds, hydro systems, etc). In the article the grower (presumably Kyle) states that the plant was found in a group of Northern Lights x Purple Indica seeds. Kyle was living out east at the time and soon became a writer for HIGH TIMES.

I would assume that the Mendocino and Garberville versions are the exact same, as this is prime herb-growing country here in North Cali, and it would be really easy for one grower to give a clone to another fellow grower. The Emerald Triangle (Humboldt, Mendocino and Trinity Counties) is known for the quantity of

Here ya go: White Trash Redneck says of Subzero:

Alright...I'll spell it out fer SubFool...

"Purple Urkel or Humboldt Purple (a.k.a. Purple Urple) has been growing in southern Humboldt County since approximately 1989. The Mendo cats are responsible for renaming it “Lavender,” among several other names."

This...^^^...IS PLAGIARISM!!!

"A good friend, White Trash Redneck"

This...^^^...is an outright lie!

"He’s bred more than 20 Urkel hybrids and has been impressed with all of them."

The wording on this...^^^...has been changed, from what I originally wrote, so as to make it seem like Subs Queerkle (Urkle x Space Queen) will be good as well...on that note...I would NEVER reccomend TGA/Subcool seeds to anyone...Bad Karma surrounds everything these cats touch...Real Breeders DON'T breed in closets...Real Breeders DON'T have a problem with Honesty...Real Breeders DON'T have to tell Lies to sell thar beans...&...Real Breeders DON'T have catz like ES, myself & other like minded folk calling them out on thar BullShit.

"I’ve discovered quite a few other Purples that are likely the same cut as well, going by such names as Garberville Purple Kush (a.k.a. Swerve’s Cut), Mendocino PK and Kyle Kushman’s PK."

Lastly, this...^^^...is completely idiotic misinformation...brought to y'all by SubFool & his extensive research fer tha article.

The 'only' thing I find funny about all of this is...SubCool makes it a point to 'slander' High Times as often as he can over at BreedBay...hypocrisy is nuthin' new fer Subfool.

On an end note...if Subfool, MzJill, etc...want a 'direct' response from me...they can use their REAL handles...otherwise...I'll just take what they have ta say like I do now...they've got something to hide.

They already deleted the Truth over at thar 'home' site

Dr. Dankz: No need to go on with this issue. If you like Subzero that's great. But us folks in Cali. who deal with this shit on daily basis. Choose our friends wisley. BTW, are you a real Dr. or just play one in the movies? I earned my Doctorate at USC.....It's all good keep up the great work Dankz....

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I guess you told me....

Indeed! Have you ever dealt with this Scumbag directly? I Go way back with the humboldt folks. It appears Subzero has Slung some pollen in Michigan.

Dr. Dankz: No need to go on with this issue. If you like Subzero that's great. But us folks in Cali. who deal with this shit on daily basis. Choose our friends wisley. BTW, are you a real Dr. or just play one in the movies? I earned my Doctorate at USC.....It's all good keep up the great work Dankz....

Hey Slo Grown. I understand there is some resentment of other peoples success in the Humboldt area. Personally myself and 98% of the rest of the world does not care. You did ignore my simple request you cant seem to vent your rumor garbage in your own threads. You did not offer me anything to change my mind just stated more of the same junk that has been floating around for the last couple years. I fully understand Subcool has some issues all you have to do is watch his report from the 2010 Cannibus Cup and you can see hes a little pumped full of poop. I weighed only the merits of his genetics I don't care what a douche bag or anything else someone may be in person. I learned a long long time ago the best performers in any industry are usually assholes who earn a lot of spite and resentment over the years.

Okay We are all done with this debate here.

I will say Thanks to you and to Cehak the girls are looking good for sure.

I merely play a DR on tv lol. However I am here doing my research for my PHD in THC.

S

ship0nip

lookin good bud, i am wanting to order some querkle seeds myself and am interested in the coloring. i myself am experianced but not a pro so this will be a good thread for me to follow + it is the middle of summer so i will get to see if the color changes will occur in warmer temps by someone who is not a senior level grower. nice looking plants, keep up the good work

Latest posts

Top Bottom