First Time Grower, What Do You Think The Yield Will Be.

• Thread starter Hoyunka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will these yield close to a pound?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More like half pound

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Monster762

Monster762

When you say one day for each 10% humidity, is that humidity in the air? So cal is typically pretty dry but can be humid on overcast days... today is 54% and pretty much overcast all day. I also have boveda type humidity packs for my mason jars as well. They are 62%. Should I dry them in an air conditioned closet or outside storage closet? Fan or no fan? Thanks in advance for the help
Your going to find it impossible to get to 10% humidity. Plus factor the humidity goes up when you put wet buds in there. If you can set a closet space probably be easiest to control. I was told here to run around 50% humidity and 70-75 degrees I think it was. By a staff on here that won the pic of month month or so back. Pretty sure that info is reliable. I'm gonna be hanging soon too. A fan is good you want circulation but not blowing on bud. It will dry too quick. Back to your estimate I'm gonna throw a guess now that you're closer. And may be off. But 16-20oz. I say 4-5 oz each if it's dense. But looking good though.

Madbud

Madbud

Your going to find it impossible to get to 10% humidity. Plus factor the humidity goes up when you put wet buds in there. If you can set a closet space probably be easiest to control. I was told here to run around 50% humidity and 70-75 degrees I think it was. By a staff on here that won the pic of month month or so back. Pretty sure that info is reliable. I'm gonna be hanging soon too. A fan is good you want circulation but not blowing on bud. It will dry too quick. Back to your estimate I'm gonna throw a guess now that you're closer. And may be off. But 16-20oz. I say 4-5 oz each if it's dense. But looking good though.
You got that right Monster, instead of a fan i use a hepa filter to eliminate mold etc. My first trial run I put some bud indirectly over the airstream. Took more weight than with the airflow up at the ceiling. Also thought two days hang time would be enough, not even close at 60% humidity, 5 days til the stems felt right.

Monster762

Monster762

You got that right Monster, instead of a fan i use a hepa filter to eliminate mold etc. My first trial run I put some bud indirectly over the airstream. Took more weight than with the airflow up at the ceiling. Also thought two days hang time would be enough, not even close at 60% humidity, 5 days til the stems felt right.
Yeah 2 days is quick. I'm looking for 5-7 day hang. Quick dry usually gives that grassy smell n taste. And it takes forever curing to fix. If the cure even fixes it. Hoping that this time I'll get much better smell n taste cause of actual bud to leaf ratio this time be much higher. My outdoor plants were lot of leaf. Which smells n tastes like chit. I got my drying closet almost dialed. 70-75 degrees and 35-40% is what I'm aiming for. Adjusting a/c daily to see change. Then I'll add the plants upside down n humidity go up to 50-55% hopefully no higher. I'd like to run little cooler but then humidity goes up.

Madbud

Madbud

Yeah 2 days is quick. I'm looking for 5-7 day hang. Quick dry usually gives that grassy smell n taste. And it takes forever curing to fix. If the cure even fixes it. Hoping that this time I'll get much better smell n taste cause of actual bud to leaf ratio this time be much higher. My outdoor plants were lot of leaf. Which smells n tastes like chit. I got my drying closet almost dialed. 70-75 degrees and 35-40% is what I'm aiming for. Adjusting a/c daily to see change. Then I'll add the plants upside down n humidity go up to 50-55% hopefully no higher. I'd like to run little cooler but then humidity goes up.
Monster, i've been leaving them two days in total darkness before cutting (first cut was in bright sunlight which is totally wrong) and going to try 72 hours with the next one. Longer darkness means less clorophyl which means less hay smell and maybe a lighter color is my theory. Would love some more experienced growers opinions on that. Guess they're busy this time of year!

Monster762

Monster762

Monster, i've been leaving them two days in total darkness before cutting (first cut was in bright sunlight which is totally wrong) and going to try 72 hours with the next one. Longer darkness means less clorophyl which means less hay smell and maybe a lighter color is my theory. Would love some more experienced growers opinions on that. Guess they're busy this time of year!
Oh. I was thinking about the dark days before chop too. I read a lot about it. I'm thinking putting in my drying closet for few days. People tell me I'm crazy when I mention it it increases last minute resin and trich production too. Old Dutch study. So you do notice a difference? I'm about to do first harvest soon of some pretty buds. Fatter than anything I've done outdoor. All pistils are red now but trichs still ain't right. I'm pushing water. Going to actually flush with cold water tomorrow. Have you read about flushing with ice water? I'm not going as far as ice but I'm gonna push cold tap water through. I have a shower head on the hose that I can take off n move all around. I'm gonna put about 20 gal through it then let it dry real good. Then put in dark for few days.

Monster762

Monster762

Oh. I was thinking about the dark days before chop too. I read a lot about it. I'm thinking putting in my drying closet for few days. People tell me I'm crazy when I mention it it increases last minute resin and trich production too. Old Dutch study. So you do notice a difference? I'm about to do first harvest soon of some pretty buds. Fatter than anything I've done outdoor. All pistils are red now but trichs still ain't right. I'm pushing water. Going to actually flush with cold water tomorrow. Have you read about flushing with ice water? I'm not going as far as ice but I'm gonna push cold tap water through. I have a shower head on the hose that I can take off n move all around. I'm gonna put about 20 gal through it then let it dry real good. Then put in dark for few days.
Supposedly the cold temps and cold water force ripening too. Along with the dark period I should be set. I'm not seeing any more swell. Been same size for weeks.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0769
IMG 0770
IMG 0787
This is where trichs are now. Cloudy but lacking the amber. Only the plant on right of pic. Other 2 im gonna let rock another week or 2 minimum. Everything you see except cola in front left and far rear are on the 1 plant. There's 9 mid sized colas and 3 big ones. The center is twice almost equal to 2 of the other colas.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

I feel that 48 hours is good enough but some do 72... The thing about going so long, it may seem advantageous to not water those last days, and this may actually increase trich production, according to some sources, however, it will make harvesting a nightmare.. If you have small pots and they dry quickly. All leaves will be dropping and soggy feeling. This makes bucking(defoliating) very difficult. I usually do 48 hours without water or light and it's perfect. Also remember to harvest in the dark.

Monster762

Monster762

I feel that 48 hours is good enough but some do 72... The thing about going so long, it may seem advantageous to not water those last days, and this may actually increase trich production, according to some sources, however, it will make harvesting a nightmare.. If you have small pots and they dry quickly. All leaves will be dropping and soggy feeling. This makes bucking(defoliating) very difficult. I usually do 48 hours without water or light and it's perfect. Also remember to harvest in the dark.
Yeah demontrich told me that too. All the leaves will drop around buds n be pain to trim. I'll stick to 48 hrs when I do it. But I plan to have pot mostly dry before I hit dark. Cause if funguses n all grow in moist dark areas.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Yeah demontrich told me that too. All the leaves will drop around buds n be pain to trim. I'll stick to 48 hrs when I do it. But I plan to have pot mostly dry before I hit dark. Cause if funguses n all grow in moist dark areas.
remember to cut in the dark. I take the whole plant at once. Good luck! And be proud. Good vibes=good medicine

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

A good way I have found to dry stress is slowly pull back on the watering schedule. One week before harvest skip a day. Then water then don't water again for two days, then water then nothing. Depending on your pot size/water demands. This is all just my opinion also, I only have my own experience to back it up. There is some research on the interweb but too lazy to look it up.Peace y'all

Madbud

Madbud

Top Bottom