First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks and to think I have cheap lights in their. Well at least the temperature and humidity are around where they need to be now. It amazing how much they can change in just a day. Cant wait to see what changes comes with the lights I ordered. I'm sure their will be a learning curve for them. I guess the other thing I gotta figure out is if imma give them a feeding next go around or just water???
I'm always one for using the least amount of nutrients possible. It certainly keeps me out of trouble and it works well, although the available nutrients that were in the soil should keep it happy for the first 2-4 weeks. If the soil/medium has nutrients pre loaded, then you shouldn't need to feed at all for a few months, depending on the makeup. When they are very young, they require very little nutrients. Once they go into alternate growth on the main stem, I consider feeding if the medium doesn't have anything in it. Adding nutes to pre-fortified mediums often ends badly with lockouts and other problems. Consider what exists in nature. The nutrient levels are pretty low but plants still thrive. Adding a little more is fine, but plants, like people, don't always benefit from a constant all-you-can-eat buffet.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I'm always one for using the least amount of nutrients possible. It certainly keeps me out of trouble and it works well, although the available nutrients that were in the soil should keep it happy for the first 2-4 weeks. If the soil/medium has nutrients pre loaded, then you shouldn't need to feed at all for a few months, depending on the makeup. When they are very young, they require very little nutrients. Once they go into alternate growth on the main stem, I consider feeding if the medium doesn't have anything in it. Adding nutes to pre-fortified mediums often ends badly with lockouts and other problems. Consider what exists in nature. The nutrient levels are pretty low but plants still thrive. Adding a little more is fine, but plants, like people, don't always benefit from a constant all-you-can-eat buffet.
Ok thanks for that info I gave them a small feeding when I replanted then and some stuff for roots and what not. Just added what the bottle said for transplanting. I had them in bad soil so that may have been what did good to them. I was only going to add like a 1/3 of what it said but I'll just do another watering. Thanks again for your response I'm using foxfarm ocean soil. That's the stuff I added when did replant.

20191026 182920
20191026 183049
20191026 183046
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ok thanks for that info I gave them a small feeding when I replanted then and some stuff for roots and what not. Just added what the bottle said for transplanting. I had them in bad soil so that may have been what did good to them. I was only going to add like a 1/3 of what it said but I'll just do another watering. Thanks again for your response I'm using foxfarm ocean soil. That's the stuff I added when did replant.
Fox Farms soils have a ton of nutrients in them already, with some mixes having more than others. I would recommend holding off on feeding until you see signs of a deficiency or things start to slow down... this is just my personal recommendation. It's a lot easier to add food than to try to remove it!

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Fox Farms soils have a ton of nutrients in them already, with some mixes having more than others. I would recommend holding off on feeding until you see signs of a deficiency or things start to slow down... this is just my personal recommendation. It's a lot easier to add food than to try to remove it!
10 4 I get what you mean.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yeah man. Looking sweet! Them ladies will make excellent flowers. You'll have your lungs around them I no time 🤣
Lmao thanks I still gotta wait till they show their sex hoping that their are females in their. If not well guess I still learned somewhat how to grow. But I'm sure I'll at least get one or two females. They are now a month old today and this is with basic lights.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I kinda wanna take out some of the older leaves so all the new growth gets better light but I'm not sure when to prune them???

BigCube

BigCube

I kinda wanna take out some of the older leaves so all the new growth gets better light but I'm not sure when to prune them???

There is no hard and fast rule. Some people dont like to remove any. I personally like to defoliate a week before I flip the light, then once more 3 weeks or so in to flower. First time in veg I remove any large fan leaves that are blocking the majority of the light from the lower growth. The one 3 or so weeks in to flower I remove anything that doesnt look like it will be a good bud or anything that covers more than it would yield.

It's a bit of an art. But if you never remove a single leaf, you'd still get some great smoke.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yeah I dont know if you can see it in my pics but their is some in the bottom I wanna take off and a few a lil upper ones but not sure what's needed and what's not so I'll wait a lil

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So these are what I would wanna take of that plant but with my luck those need to stay

20191108 215411
BigCube

BigCube

Depending on your plans for the plant. If you're going to be topping it, I would suggest holding on to all your lower growth for now, but if you dont plan on topping it it would be fine 😀

Removing ugly lower growth isnt always a good idea though, plants move resources around within themselves, typically they draw off the older lower growth anything it needs, so if you have a couple shitty looking leaves at the bottom of your plant, and you remove them.. the next oldest set of leaves will do the same thing. So it's almost beneficial to leave those ugly ones on till they get used up by the plant.

But in a week or two, you'll have a bunch of bushes. It never hurts to wait, in a week or two you'll be able to remove growth with impunity! 🤣

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Ok 10 4 and yeah I was gonna remove more then just the ugly ones also big ones blocking the new growth in the lower area but I'll wait also got new lights coming soon I hope lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom