First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So it's just completely bare? Can you hand water it or does it need a constant supply of water? Been thinking about using pro mix but i know so little about it that it scares me.

Promix HP just peat, perlite, lime and a wetting agent. And myco in this mix.

You just hand water and wait for it to dry like any potting soil. You can use drippers though. But after week one or two from seed you need fertilizer.

The pro mix i used to use 4 years ago had a starter nute charge but the canada mixes get that and usa no nutes now.

Nihle65

Nihle65

X
So question I'm looking at 2 autoflower pack of seeds trying to decide what to go with. My 2 choices I am looking at are Sour Kush and Gorilla Glue. What would you guys go with I wanna do both ha ha ha but only one can win...
Sour kush.
So question I'm looking at 2 autoflower pack of seeds trying to decide what to go with. My 2 choices I am looking at are Sour Kush and Gorilla Glue. What would you guys go with I wanna do both ha ha ha but only one can win...
Sour kush bro...

F

Fisher100

I use fan speed controllers to control temp. Just turn down the exhaust.
[/QUOTE. First purchased heat mats with thermostat just like the ones you get for seedlings on Amazon you can get round heat mats for making beer and wine then put 6 in exhaust fan not sure where you're growing but if the outside of your tent is warm then Pump Air into your tent you should be exchanging are there any way for the you should be exchanging are any way so you keep your CO2 levels hi but you are right the roots on needs to be constant temperature the heat Maps work perfect for that

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have good ventilation set up. Its cold here in winter so i use basement air to intake and in summer vent in air conditioning.

I may use heat mats if i set up in my basement. I think its a good idea too.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Don't t let pro mix scare you, i have been using pro mix for many year and i have NEVER had a problem. I do like to add worm castings to it. I use general hydroponics nutes.
Thats it just the standard GH line? Grow, Micro, Bloom? I thought it would take a million bottles to work with a bare medium. Currently using GH in the lucas formula so i only use Bloom and micro 2:1 with some super thrive added every month just to add a little punch i guess during veg. I also add liquid kool bloom through flower and a little bit of big swell later on in flower. Probably don't need the big swell but still under 1000 PPM and it seems like the plants reacted well when i added it but they also could have just started their bulk period too, lol. I swore i wasn't going to use a crazy regiment and was going to stick to the 2 part system but here we are lmao.

Nihle65

Nihle65

Thats it just the standard GH line? Grow, Micro, Bloom? I thought it would take a million bottles to work with a bare medium. Currently using GH in the lucas formula so i only use Bloom and micro 2:1 with some super thrive added every month just to add a little punch i guess during veg. I also add liquid kool bloom through flower and a little bit of big swell later on in flower. Probably don't need the big swell but still under 1000 PPM and it seems like the plants reacted well when i added it but they also could have just started their bulk period too, lol. I swore i wasn't going to use a crazy regiment and was going to stick to the 2 part system but here we are lmao.
I'm sorry, i should have mentioned that i use GH flora nova series.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Man.. I've used promix for a long time with very basic feeds. If you click on my profile and browse through my pics, all of those plants were grown in PMHP or just recently rockwoll using cal mag because I start with rainwater, and normally a single bottle base nutrient.

In all those pics, the only fertilizer I used was either Floranova on it's own, Or botanicare pure blend pro grow on it's own. That's it, no extra bottles of woo needed. As long as the base nutrient is of a high quality and contains all the essential Macro and trace nutrients, it's really all you need. I dont even use bloom nutes anymore, just pbp grow all the way through, and a dash of green planet massive mid bloom. Simple is good.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks bro. I should be having my setup back up and running soon. I plan to run a auto and that Jack Herer.

Hopefully you're all done with inspections for a long while. Back when I was in my early 20's, I tossed about 5 plants mid veg. Some of my buddies had been rounded up in the latest county-wide drug bust. Paranoia had me convinced that cops would be busting down my door next .... threw everything out. Cops never came.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Hopefully you're all done with inspections for a long while. Back when I was in my early 20's, I tossed about 5 plants mid veg. Some of my buddies had been rounded up in the latest county-wide drug bust. Paranoia had me convinced that cops would be busting down my door next .... threw everything out. Cops never came.
That's all I am waiting for is word when they wanna start if it's to close I'll hold off if it's far out in the future imma ready to roll and grow ha ha ha. Imma try and grow some grade a bud this time. Something to be proud of.

MrZeeHC

MrZeeHC

So this is my first time growing how you guys think my plants look? Not sure if light is to close? These pics were taken today. They have been in the pots for about 5 days now I wanna say. Like I said this is my first time go easy on me.
Looks ok so far

TheGrownMonster

TheGrownMonster

Nice job Rolando! I am a new grower myself, started last year at this time. I read through this whole thread and learned alot! It is crazy how much conditions can vary, and end up with good results either way. Some of the things you learned, such as leaving most leaves and only removing if blocking light from hitting a bud, I like that, the plants look a hell of alot better. (I was taught to strip down the plants when switched to flower, and then again 30 days in) I'm gonna try leaving most leaves and see if I get a better yeild.. I am using Coco, so the whole nutrient thing is different for me..seems like I always have ppm around 900-1200 in flower, (veg ppm I've never checked, but maybe I will now and pay more attn to this stuff). I do have some crazy LED lights, I have 2 of them, and each puts out an actual 630watts. I've been flowering 4 plants under each light at staggered stages, and I just added 4 more in the middle... wondering if I have enough wattage to make it worth the extra work, or if I'll yeild about the same.. anyway, your buds came out nice, good job! I just joined this group last week, hoping to post some good stuff, and see alot of good posts!!

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Nice job Rolando! I am a new grower myself, started last year at this time. I read through this whole thread and learned alot! It is crazy how much conditions can vary, and end up with good results either way. Some of the things you learned, such as leaving most leaves and only removing if blocking light from hitting a bud, I like that, the plants look a hell of alot better. (I was taught to strip down the plants when switched to flower, and then again 30 days in) I'm gonna try leaving most leaves and see if I get a better yeild.. I am using Coco, so the whole nutrient thing is different for me..seems like I always have ppm around 900-1200 in flower, (veg ppm I've never checked, but maybe I will now and pay more attn to this stuff). I do have some crazy LED lights, I have 2 of them, and each puts out an actual 630watts. I've been flowering 4 plants under each light at staggered stages, and I just added 4 more in the middle... wondering if I have enough wattage to make it worth the extra work, or if I'll yeild about the same.. anyway, your buds came out nice, good job! I just joined this group last week, hoping to post some good stuff, and see alot of good posts!!
Thanks bud. I have to honestly say I was able to take my plants from seed to flower thanks to this group and the many people that gave input. Thank you for your kind words. And best of luck to you and your grows bro. Ask questions when needed lots of experience and people willing to help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom