First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Every grower crows about their big beautiful nuggs until it comes time to trim them, which can be enjoyable if you approach it correctly (as in a Zen type of excercise), but more than not, it is a pain in the arse to trim off some strains. Mine are typically shaggy but the leaves often fall off when handled, so it isn't too bad. As long as I get the fan leaves and larger bud leaves, I'm happy. The smaller leaves are still pretty potent, so you aren't losing any ground by smoking them up along with the nugg itself.
Trimming sucks in general, though. After the first few grows, it's like changing a kid's diaper... not fun but it needs to be done.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Every grower crows about their big beautiful nuggs until it comes time to trim them, which can be enjoyable if you approach it correctly (as in a Zen type of excercise), but more than not, it is a pain in the arse to trim off some strains. Mine are typically shaggy but the leaves often fall off when handled, so it isn't too bad. As long as I get the fan leaves and larger bud leaves, I'm happy. The smaller leaves are still pretty potent, so you aren't losing any ground by smoking them up along with the nugg itself.
Trimming sucks in general, though. After the first few grows, it's like changing a kid's diaper... not fun but it needs to be done.
Lmao yeah thanks im getting close but not to crazy now. Im planning on making butter with the trim and some of the fluff.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Lol yeah I dont have kids thanks god lmao. But it was fun till I back started to hurt.
20190801 083846

https://www.amazon.com/TrimBin-Harv...r_1_4?keywords=trim+bin&qid=1579888936&sr=8-4

Got you bro. :)
Sit back in ya chair and relax.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use the illiminati trays. Got a pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Illuminati-International-The-Trim-Tray/dp/B01N07H0NL

But looks like they are unavailable now.

And one of the benefits to my one or two plants at a time harvested method is i only trim a plant or two every 2 weeks or so.

I have done so many now i can average 2 oz per hour trimmed well. Maybe faster depending on strain.

I actually dont mind it. Way worse work out there than trimming weed.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Yup long ago learned that the trim doesnt have to be show quality. When trimming I ask myself, would i some that? The answer is usually yes, so I stop trimming it there. 🤣

I still tight trim about an ounce, just for show when bragging to friends or whatnot 🤣 but most of it is shaggy, and I love it!

View attachment 933290
This 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Tight trim your brag nugs and “fuck this in over it” trim your stash lol. I used to trim for this old man in my neighborhood and it’s always fun....for the first couple ounces...lol. 2 pounds later and you never want to see another pair of scissor again 😂😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I have a question what can I do with 34 grams of trim??? I am trying to figure the best way to use this. All input will greatly be appreciated.

Likely make a few grams of hash. Half a stick of infused butter or equivalent coconut oil. You can timble it on a 150 micron screen for dry sift kief. Or you can cure it in jars like i do and save up enough to make more and more tasty products.

I have about a pound of close trim amd loose or small buds that will be blasted in a closed loop system by an extract guy into dabs.

Lotta value available from our trim.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Likely make a few grams of hash. Half a stick of infused butter or equivalent coconut oil. You can timble it on a 150 micron screen for dry sift kief. Or you can cure it in jars like i do and save up enough to make more and more tasty products.

I have about a pound of close trim amd loose or small buds that will be blasted in a closed loop system by an extract guy into dabs.

Lotta value available from our trim.
Great ideas thank you very much

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I got a question out of my 4 jars I have one that still smell like hay. Even if I crack the bud open it still smells like hay. The 3 other jars smell great I cracked a nug from each jar open and smells great. I burp the jars twice a day for 10 minutes. I also roll the jars to make sure the buds are not sticking and they are not. Is their anything I could do or is it to far gone?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got a question out of my 4 jars I have one that still smell like hay. Even if I crack the bud open it still smells like hay. The 3 other jars smell great I cracked a nug from each jar open and smells great. I burp the jars twice a day for 10 minutes. I also roll the jars to make sure the buds are not sticking and they are not. Is their anything I could do or is it to far gone?

How many days did they dry before jarring? Sounds like wet weed. There is no standard time to dry or burp. Just like growing they are just guidelines. Every grow and flower can dry and cure differently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom