First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Hung for 5 days. Then sat in tubes for 2 or 3 days. While they got trimmed. And have been in jars for like 2 days. I can lay it in the tub for another day or 2 if you think that would help. I squeezed the buds before putting in jars they had a good feel to them. Kinda like a sponge if that makes sense???

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hung for 5 days. Then sat in tubes for 2 or 3 days. While they got trimmed. And have been in jars for like 2 days. I can lay it in the tub for another day or 2 if you think that would help. I squeezed the buds before putting in jars they had a good feel to them. Kinda like a sponge if that makes sense???

Yes it makes sense. They should squeeze in a bit and bounce back to their original shape. Unless they are dense as hell.

I dont know what the tube is?

But when i feel the buds in the jar and they feel wet at all i take them out and put them back on the screen an hour to make sure.

If they smelled strong and were dry in the jar and this time they smell faint and maybe a little chlorophyl like then i seal it up and try again tomorrow.

The first couple days if its humid unlike now with my heater on i may leave the jars open an hour until the unpleasant smell goes away. Its the gasses from the chlorophyll eating bacteria that smell “green” and underneath that smell are the terpenes from the weed. We are trying to slowly eek out the chlorophyll and bring out the strains goodness.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yes it makes sense. They should squeeze in a bit and bounce back to their original shape. Unless they are dense as hell.

I dont know what the tube is?

But when i feel the buds in the jar and they feel wet at all i take them out and put them back on the screen an hour to make sure.

If they smelled strong and were dry in the jar and this time they smell faint and maybe a little chlorophyl like then i seal it up and try again tomorrow.

The first couple days if its humid unlike now with my heater on i may leave the jars open an hour until the unpleasant smell goes away. Its the gasses from the chlorophyll eating bacteria that smell “green” and underneath that smell are the terpenes from the weed. We are trying to slowly eek out the chlorophyll and bring out the strains goodness.
Ok yeah that how they feel. And I meant a tub. I'll leave jar open for a while longer that jat when I burp to see if that help. I don't think buds are wet. Thanks for the response.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok yeah that how they feel. And I meant a tub. I'll leave jar open for a while longer that jat when I burp to see if that help. I don't think buds are wet. Thanks for the response.

you will get it. Drying and curing is definitely trial and error like the rest of he grow.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

you will get it. Drying and curing is definitely trial and error like the rest of he grow.
Yeah I did just like I said let the jar sit in the tub and I feel as if it got its smell back some I'll do that again later when I burp the jar again later tonight. I also ordered some integra boost packs to keep the jars at 62 rh will get them tomorrow see how they work.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I did just like I said let the jar sit in the tub and I feel as if it got its smell back some I'll do that again later when I burp the jar again later tonight. I also ordered some integra boost packs to keep the jars at 62 rh will get them tomorrow see how they work.

I dont like the idea of the humidity packs. but i never used them. I could see if the environment was very dry maybe.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I have not used them. I also need to get a rh and temp reader small enough to fit in a jar to see what it is.

All these new techniques are fun I guess but my weed always smells as strong or stronger than good outdoor and tastes as good or better too and all i did and do is follow the basic instructions in Jorje cervantes grow book. I got better over time with practice.

But basically if you open the jar and smell it and it has a wet grass smell you leave it open and mix the buds around at least once making sure none are still touching in the same spot. I kind of spin and gently shake the buds free from each other right in the 3/4 full jars. And wait until the bad smell dissipates then close it back up and store it in a dark cool place like any perishable.

Then do it again tomorrow. If no noticable “green” smell remains wait another day. It will be longer and longer over time intil the chlorophyll eating bacteria have no moisture inside to continue. Then its all the way cured as its going to get.

I open 3 month old jars like once a month if they last that long. I do have a bunch of Jarred close trim and loose little buds that is up to 6 months old. Every trim jar smells like the different strain it is. Strong and dank too.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

All these new techniques are fun I guess but my weed always smells as strong or stronger than good outdoor and tastes as good or better too and all i did and do is follow the basic instructions in Jorje cervantes grow book. I got better over time with practice.

But basically if you open the jar and smell it and it has a wet grass smell you leave it open and mix the buds around at least once making sure none are still touching in the same spot. I kind of spin and gently shake the buds free from each other right in the 3/4 full jars. And wait until the bad smell dissipates then close it back up and store it in a dark cool place like any perishable.

Then do it again tomorrow. If no noticable “green” smell remains wait another day. It will be longer and longer over time intil the chlorophyll eating bacteria have no moisture inside to continue. Then its all the way cured as its going to get.

I open 3 month old jars like once a month if they last that long. I do have a bunch of Jarred close trim and loose little buds that is up to 6 months old. Every trim jar smells like the different strain it is. Strong and dank too.
This is great info thank you very much. I did notice like you said it helped take some of the hay smell away. My wife has been enjoying it. The bad part is I am not sure if it is as good as she says being my wife she may not wanna hurt my feelings. I bought he a new bong to enjoy the weed with. I have a buddy or 2 that will receive samples I feel they will be more honest with me.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So I will be starting a new grow dairy. Not sure if this counted as one lol. But I have found the new strain I will be growing I am afraid since it is sativa dominat. The strain is called Jack Herer. From what I have seen these get big. So I may do one plant. Any tips for growing sativa? I will use training for sure on this plant.

20200126 114242 1580060564106
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is great info thank you very much. I did notice like you said it helped take some of the hay smell away. My wife has been enjoying it. The bad part is I am not sure if it is as good as she says being my wife she may not wanna hurt my feelings. I bought he a new bong to enjoy the weed with. I have a buddy or 2 that will receive samples I feel they will be more honest with me.

You kidding. Its fantastic to smoke that first stash. Get to know your flowers and process and make changes gradually as needed and it keeps getting better. I am still growing better weed every year according to everyone i know. I even beat my yield record again this last year.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I will be starting a new grow dairy. Not sure if this counted as one lol. But I have found the new strain I will be growing I am afraid since it is sativa dominat. The strain is called Jack Herer. From what I have seen these get big. So I may do one plant. Any tips for growing sativa? I will use training for sure on this plant.

Actually Jack herrer is (was dont know growers choice. Its a sensei seeds strain) a very stout and stable well structured well bred plant. It will likely get big but you can bend or top to gwt ahead of her and she should branch out into a bush.

Those ch9 plants with the big buds that are not Blue Lemon Thai crosses are crossed with an original jack. And they are very consistant because of thise genetics.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

You kidding. Its fantastic to smoke that first stash. Get to know your flowers and process and make changes gradually as needed and it keeps getting better. I am still growing better weed every year according to everyone i know. I even beat my yield record again this last year.
Nice. I have yet to try it. I have a pre employment drug test coming up some time this coming week. But after that it's on like donkey kong.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Actually Jack herrer is (was dont know growers choice. Its a sensei seeds strain) a very stout and stable well structured well bred plant. It will likely get big but you can bend or top to gwt ahead of her and she should branch out into a bush.

Those ch9 plants with the big buds that are not Blue Lemon Thai crosses are crossed with an original jack. And they are very consistant because of thise genetics.
Ok great I have heard good things about it. I am watching YouTube videos to see what I will be getting into. I do see everyone having very big buds. I do notice some have small plants and some are huge plants. I get the seeds tomorrow so I should be breaking them in shortly. I wanna use different soil this time was thinking promix like you guys have mentioned before. My local Walmart has a type of this soil in stock.

20200119 153902
20200119 153758
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok great I have heard good things about it. I am watching YouTube videos to see what I will be getting into. I do see everyone having very big buds. I do notice some have small plants and some are huge plants. I get the seeds tomorrow so I should be breaking them in shortly. I wanna use different soil this time was thinking promix like you guys have mentioned before. My local Walmart has a type of this soil in stock.

The promix bales from a hydro store or agricultural feed store is a higher quality than wal mart or the like. And that looks like a moisture holding mix for strawberries looking at the label.

@Beachwalker found a good retail store pro mix but it needed added perlite for drainage.

They have good info at their pro mix and premier horticulture websites.

The pro mix hp in the big white bale is the professional medium. No nutes in it and plenty of perlite as is. And 2 kinds of lime calcitic for long term buffering and dolomite for short term.

The retail bales are smaller and made differently.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

The promix bales from a hydro store or agricultural feed store is a higher quality than wal mart or the like. And that looks like a moisture holding mix for strawberries looking at the label.

@Beachwalker found a good retail store pro mix but it needed added perlite for drainage.

The pro mix hp in the big white bale is the professional medium. No nutes in it and plenty of perlite as is. And 2 kinds of lime calcitic for long term buffering and dolomite for short term.

Ok 10 4 I will look into those. I'll have to find where I can purchase where I am located. Thanks for the information greatly appreciat it.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So question I'm looking at 2 autoflower pack of seeds trying to decide what to go with. My 2 choices I am looking at are Sour Kush and Gorilla Glue. What would you guys go with I wanna do both ha ha ha but only one can win...

Caninobis

Caninobis

So it's just completely bare? Can you hand water it or does it need a constant supply of water? Been thinking about using pro mix but i know so little about it that it scares me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom