First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So lights went on 1/2 hour ago. And today found something different. My leaves had water drops on them like all my plants kinda like morning dew. Is this bad? Or did my humidity just get way to high? They look beautiful and way bigger. And lots of growth. I can see where future steams and shit going g to come in. At the node sights.

20191102 142052
20191102 142042
20191102 142012
20191102 142009
20191102 142006
20191102 142003
20191102 142001
20191102 141955
20191102 142001
20191102 141955
20191102 141735
20191102 141738
20191102 141741
20191102 141743
20191102 141747
20191102 141758
20191102 141729
20191102 141937
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Also forgot to mention I moved my plants around some had the soil more moist then the others. Those were the ones under the smalled led bulbs. Moved those inward as to be under the bugger led light. I noticed that light drys out soil faster. So did rotation to help soil dry faster for the watering later tonight. But still not sure if the temps are ok. I added pics of the gauge I use. Any thoughts greatly welcomed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So lights went on 1/2 hour ago. And today found something different. My leaves had water drops on them like all my plants kinda like morning dew. Is this bad? Or did my humidity just get way to high? They look beautiful and way bigger. And lots of growth. I can see where future steams and shit going g to come in. At the node sights.
Was it around the leaf edges? It sounds like guttation to me. It will happen at night with moist soil could be an indication you need a bit better drainage. How long is your night cycle?

I think your humidity is a bit high. 60-65% should be good. After lights go out the temps will drop so in turn the humidity will spike. You need to watch this to prevent mold. I use a space heater with a temp controller to prevent this.

Also I would move that humidity sensor having it that close to a moist pot will likely affect the accuracy

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Also forgot to mention I moved my plants around some had the soil more moist then the others. Those were the ones under the smalled led bulbs. Moved those inward as to be under the bugger led light. I noticed that light drys out soil faster. So did rotation to help soil dry faster for the watering later tonight. But still not sure if the temps are ok. I added pics of the gauge I use. Any thoughts greatly welcomed.
I frequently find water on the leaf surface where it was sitting and in contact with another leaf... basically sweating from the plant's transpiration. When leaves overlap and touch, the moisture that usually goes into the air gets trapped by the leaf surface and the water collects instead of drying. This is usually self correcting but can have problems if you don't have enough ventilation. If your Rh seems high, you could re-arrange the affected leaves. Hopefully this isn't a repeat of earlier advice.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yeah I guess I need to learn how to water. Didn't wanna over water. Guess it's hard to learn how to hit that wet spot lol well for me it is I guess.
With Promix, overwatering is a full time job. Promix usually drains very well, especially in a fabric pot. I grow with Promix in 5 or 6 gallon buckets and water every day if they need it and have no problems with overwatering, although I wouldn't water them more than once a day. If they need it more than once daily, they are probably in too small of a container. In my opinion.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Was it around the leaf edges? It sounds like guttation to me. It will happen at night with moist soil could be an indication you need a bit better drainage. How long is your night cycle?

I think your humidity is a bit high. 60-65% should be good. After lights go out the temps will drop so in turn the humidity will spike. You need to watch this to prevent mold. I use a space heater with a temp controller to prevent this.

Also I would move that humidity sensor having it that close to a moist pot will likely affect the accuracy
10 4 thanks for the info and yeah was on top of the plants I'll zoom in and repost the pics

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I frequently find water on the leaf surface where it was sitting and in contact with another leaf... basically sweating from the plant's transpiration. When leaves overlap and touch, the moisture that usually goes into the air gets trapped by the leaf surface and the water collects instead of drying. This is usually self correcting but can have problems if you don't have enough ventilation. If your Rh seems high, you could re-arrange the affected leaves. Hopefully this isn't a repeat of earlier advice.
Ok I'll look into this but my plants really dont touch each other they not big enough. Only thing I changed was the arrangement of the plants to the lights that would hit them. I need to bring g the plants up on something so they get good air on the bottom. It's still moist. Mmmmmmm moist.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

With Promix, overwatering is a full time job. Promix usually drains very well, especially in a fabric pot. I grow with Promix in 5 or 6 gallon buckets and water every day if they need it and have no problems with overwatering, although I wouldn't water them more than once a day. If they need it more than once daily, they are probably in too small of a container. In my opinion.
Yeah I have yet to water them since they were feed when I replanted.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here is what they looked like. The lights go off from 7 am to 2 pm. So 18/6 cycle. I think this the new soul and the feeding has helped big time.
Yeah that's guttation. The plants are small so as the get a bit taller it will happen less it's has to do with. Basically higher water pressure in the root zone than in the plants. Since it has to fight gravity as they get bigger it will happen less.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yeah that's guttation. The plants are small so as the get a bit taller it will happen less it's has to do with. Basically higher water pressure in the root zone than in the plants. Since it has to fight gravity as they get bigger it will happen less.
Ok cool this was the first time I had ever seen this so I did not know what was wrong with them dont want my babies to die. Hell even the ones that looked the worse seem to be growing like champs also. Hell shes almost as big as the other plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok cool this was the first time I had ever seen this so I did not know what was wrong with them dont want my babies to die. Hell even the ones that looked the worse seem to be growing like champs also. Hell shes almost as big as the other plants.
I can explain it a bit. During the day the stomata are open and water and o2 are expelled and CO2 is brought in. This process basically sucks water up from the roots. At night the stomata close like capping a straw with your tongue after you suck up water. So when there is higher water pressure in the roots it actually forces water up the straw instead of pulling it up but since the stomata are close it's forces it out at the leaf edges. This is very basic explanation

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you notice swollen leaves during the day time it could mean 1 of 2 things that may contribute to guttation. High soil moisture or high humidity. I'm thinking your humidity may have contributed to it.. in not gonna go into detail but if ya get it down it may help stop that.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I can explain it a bit. During the day the stomata are open and water and o2 are expelled and CO2 is brought in. This process basically sucks water up from the roots. At night the stomata close like capping a straw with your tongue after you suck up water. So when there is higher water pressure in the roots it actually forces water up the straw instead of pulling it up but since the stomata are close it's forces it out at the leaf edges. This is very basic explanation
Ok I get that yeah I had to look it up lol not go lie

Top Bottom