First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HighestCut

HighestCut

Bro, those are beautiful plants!

I started a ‘first grow’ thread right before the server crashed and it wiped it out. Haven’t had the motivation to repost here... I wish this forum linked up to a forum app like Tapatalk... so much better.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So I might have a issues today its lights out for the plants and its raining bad out side. Lights have flickered a few times already. And on top of that the humidity is super high. Its 68f and 70rh. My humidity has not gotten that high in a long time. I have both fans on and also have the carbon filter going. What are my chances of getting mold? And how bad is it if I lost power for a few hours?
A few hours shouldn't cause any problem and mold usually happens when it cools off a little (like at lights out period), which can spike the humidity inside the buds. As long s you have a good airflow, you should be OK. Sativas are much less prone to mold issues due to their growth style and less dense buds, s well as many coming from tropicl climates. Indica with big buds are more likely to get some mold, but a few hours of temp or Rh swings shouldn't be a problem at all as long as they get good airflow. tagnant air is the biggest culprit.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I think Jim nailed it. I always keep my fans blasting even during dark hours. If I were you I would keep the room dark and open the tent during power outages so the humidity spike will be lessened by the greater volume of air.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

A few hours shouldn't cause any problem and mold usually happens when it cools off a little (like at lights out period), which can spike the humidity inside the buds. As long s you have a good airflow, you should be OK. Sativas are much less prone to mold issues due to their growth style and less dense buds, s well as many coming from tropicl climates. Indica with big buds are more likely to get some mold, but a few hours of temp or Rh swings shouldn't be a problem at all as long as they get good airflow. tagnant air is the biggest culprit.
10 4 bud thanks for the response. I was lucky to not have the power go out. A few blocks around me did and some other spots around town also. So I am pretty glad I was ok. The only issue I'm having now is just the rh is a bit higher then what I've read it should be for the stage of flower I am. I flirt with 50 during the day and at night is when she wants to get up their. I am at day 48 so not trying to ruin what I have. I have what I would say is good air flow. I might go buy another small fan to add the the plants just to make sure i make it to harvest.

Last edited:
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I think Jim nailed it. I always keep my fans blasting even during dark hours. If I were you I would keep the room dark and open the tent during power outages so the humidity spike will be lessened by the greater volume of air.
Thanks for that info. I was pretty lucky that the power did not go out. I am only now fighting the high humidity in the tent well more just the state I live in lmao. But thanks again for info bro.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So today is day 49 for me in flower. And today the plants get a feeding. My question is should I start to flush or keep feeding? I have never feed high to begin with. And this is my first grow so I cant really say how far off from harvest I am to be honest. So I wanted to see what you guys thought on the whole situation.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So today is day 49 for me in flower. And today the plants get a feeding. My question is should I start to flush or keep feeding? I have never feed high to begin with. And this is my first grow so I cant really say how far off from harvest I am to be honest. So I wanted to see what you guys thought on the whole situation.
When you finish is usually related to the strains you are growing, with Sativas typically flowering for up to 12 weeks or more, while Indica seems to finish by week 9, in my experience. There are a few signs to look for such as % of cloudy/clear/amber trichomes, the beginning of foxtailing or growing funky single bladed leaves out of the bud tips, overall appearance of the plant, yellowing fan leaves. Think of trees in autumn. The leaves quit growing and get dry, leaf color changes, etc. Plants don't always follow the path that trees do, but I prefer to let the plant fully mature as it seems to add bulk to the buds as well as brings out the flavor more. It's really hard for newer growers to time this right because they see big buds and think they are ready... often buds that aren't fully ready will dry up with less total weight than mature flowers and sometimes have more of a green taste.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

When you finish is usually related to the strains you are growing, with Sativas typically flowering for up to 12 weeks or more, while Indica seems to finish by week 9, in my experience. There are a few signs to look for such as % of cloudy/clear/amber trichomes, the beginning of foxtailing or growing funky single bladed leaves out of the bud tips, overall appearance of the plant, yellowing fan leaves. Think of trees in autumn. The leaves quit growing and get dry, leaf color changes, etc. Plants don't always follow the path that trees do, but I prefer to let the plant fully mature as it seems to add bulk to the buds as well as brings out the flavor more. It's really hard for newer growers to time this right because they see big buds and think they are ready... often buds that aren't fully ready will dry up with less total weight than mature flowers and sometimes have more of a green taste.
Ok 10 4 yeah in feeding them now as I write this theirs on plant I believe is going down the path you speak of. And I understand I'm new to this so I wanted to ask didnt wanna act to fast I'll show you a video of the plant I speak of. Again thanks for the advice I know I'm not close to being done just wanted to know when to start getting ready for a flush if I had to flush.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Again I do apologize I am sure you see us nobs ask these questions over and over and it could get tiresome. I am trying to do the best I can with this grow. I have 4 plants so I am trying hard to make sure I can learn as much as I can. And figure everything i can get down with these plants will help me for the next grow. Not trying to pull to early or too late wanna hit the prefect spot. Again thanks to everyone that takes time to answer all my questions.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Thanks bro I was looking at your grow yesterday looks like things are going well for you as well bud. We got this bro.
My train derailed a little bit for awhile. but, i think were back on the tracks heading home buddy, we got it! :D
I cant wait to see these buds harvested bro make sure you remember to update with final weights and all that if u can, when you get to that point. im interested!

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

My train derailed a little bit for awhile. but, i think were back on the tracks heading home buddy, we got it! :D
I cant wait to see these buds harvested bro make sure you remember to update with final weights and all that if u can, when you get to that point. im interested!
10 4 I will they will definitely not be a very big yeild. But imma weigh each one for wet weight and dry weight. I'll also keep each plant in it's own jar while I cure to see what I got from each one. Anyway I'll be happy with what ever I get hell I'll be happy with just making it to harvest lmao.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

10 4 I will they will definitely not be a very big yeild. But imma weigh each one for wet weight and dry weight. I'll also keep each plant in it's own jar while I cure to see what I got from each one. Anyway I'll be happy with what ever I get hell I'll be happy with just making it to harvest lmao.

On average dry weight is 20% of wet weight. We used to weigh it wet but it was quite consistant. Just the time to get there differs.

bjjbandit

bjjbandit

So I have a question my water has a high ppm. I dont have any access to ro water till Monday. But the plants were light and dry yesterday and today all pot are pretty much dry. Plants are in need of a watering. So question what is the best way to water them so they dont start to wilt and look like shit from needing water? Just give a light watering with my tap water?
Let tap water areate in the sun for a day 👊

Latest posts

Top Bottom