First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HighestCut

HighestCut

Are you guys using led in flower as well ?
I've always used a big florescent light with t5 bulbs and hps during flower. My current is an adjustable 1000 watt ballast connected to a double ended bulb. As you can imagine it uses a lot of energy but my power bill only goes up about $140 when growing. I would love to save more money but I'm old school and back in the day led couldn't compete.
Any of you guys use both ? Any noticeable difference in density or all around quantity?
So I got a “cheap” LED on amazon, the king plus 1500w that has an actual pull of 285w. I was very curious to see how it would do from seed to harvest and have been pleasantly surprised. This is day 41 of flower:

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

20200307 132825
20200307 145041

Final went and bought a hole punch. Tied rh2m down but ran out of soil so I cant finish transplanting. As usual my cat is right there helping. She loves my garden

IllyGilly13

IllyGilly13

lose the pots.they are a pain to transplant from and can cause damage to the root zone when transplanting.I usually start off with small plastic pots and then transplant to 2 gallon plastic pots and finally end up in 5,7 or 15 gal Smartpots or Radicle Bags.Other than that the babies look good.Congrats brother

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

lose the pots.they are a pain to transplant from and can cause damage to the root zone when transplanting.I usually start off with small plastic pots and then transplant to 2 gallon plastic pots and finally end up in 5,7 or 15 gal Smartpots or Radicle Bags.Other than that the babies look good.Congrats brother
The 3 in the back are in fabric pots I ran out of soil so I have to get more before I transfer the others

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Anyone ever experience white tips on their buds? At first I was worried because I've never seen it in all my grows but after some research I've learned it could be some good shit, and actual clusterfuck of trichomes.
The only few articles I've read were dated back 2017 and they say its because the grower used LEDs but I'm using a double ended 1000w hps.
Maybe it could be sun bleaching, there are some small burns on the very top leaves but I have them on more than one plant.
First is blackwater kush, small burns but really healthy otherwise.
Second is cookies og, no burns. Both on day 38
20200313 223547
20200313 223603

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Here's the chronic widow, shes a lot hairier than the other two but not white tips. It's funny it was advertised as sativa dom but very short like and indica, this is a good strain for commercial use, a lot of bud sites, above average yield and thc reaches up to 25%.... no I'm not a salesman
20200313 223625

Latest posts

Top Bottom