First time growing (closet)

• Thread starter Zeroclue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

You can always put more soil on top, the roots will surface anyway. Same with solo cups, half full, say 100 grams of soil then if they go spaghetti you can add soil for support instead of engineering tooth picks and bread ties.

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

You can always put more soil on top, the roots will surface anyway. Same with solo cups, half full, say 100 grams of soil then if they go spaghetti you can add soil for support instead of engineering tooth picks and bread ties.
Do you clone from mother plants?

Intoit

Intoit

I honestly don't see a reason to top. I was wondering how to make a even canopy when it comes to flowering, LST? Wont the Christmas tree shape make the lighting unequal? I definitely know now how much the soil settles after watering several times so I'm definitely filling this next pot up.
What do you do to make an even canopy for even lighting during flower?
Low stress training.

Madbud

Madbud

What do you do to make an even canopy for even lighting during flower?
Indoors you can top and lollipop because there’s no heavy wind or rain. You almost need to to get a good canopy, then thread the branches through netting (scrog) for separation as much as support. Clone the early tops, i used 2 liter bottles for domes til they rooted. I just don’t need to grow clones.

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Indoors you can top and lollipop because there’s no heavy wind or rain. You almost need to to get a good canopy, then thread the branches through netting (scrog) for separation as much as support. Clone the early tops, i used 2 liter bottles for domes til they rooted. I just don’t need to grow clones.
How long before flowering do you lollipop? Really useful clone info definitely going to try 👍 how big did you let the tops get before you cut them?

StankStirr

StankStirr

LST is easy... I like to use pieces of 12 gauge electrical wire that I bend a hook at the end to hook over the branch or stem I am wanting to train. The other end is pushed into the dirt. Here's a before picture of a GMO clone and the after.... this LST was performed after I transplanted her into the final pot.
20210213 171953
20210213 172041

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

LST is easy... I like to use pieces of 12 gauge electrical wire that I bend a hook at the end to hook over the branch or stem I am wanting to train. The other end is pushed into the dirt. Here's a before picture of a GMO clone and the after.... this LST was performed after I transplanted her into the final pot.
View attachment 1091520View attachment 1091521
Pretty plants man! Do you keep it down a day? or keep it there? And since my plant is so bushy what would happen to the undergrowth on the bottom side would they natural follow the light over time?

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Pretty plants man! Do you keep it down a day? or keep it there? And since my plant is so bushy what would happen to the undergrowth on the bottom side would they natural follow the light over time?
My stem is thick as fuck as well

StankStirr

StankStirr

The lower branches grow rapidly to compete for dominance ( the tallest branch ), everything chases the light, including the main branch that will often times be pointed upward to the light after a day. After about a week your plant will have multiple tops that will easily be managed by additional LST. Now you no longer have a xmas tree.... you have a Bush!
I leave the wires in until the plant pulls them up out of the dirt, then I cut some plant ties and tie them down to the side of the pot. I keep training my plants like that until buds set. Training your plants = much greater yield.
All good things... lol

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

The lower branches grow rapidly to compete for dominance ( the tallest branch ), everything chases the light, including the main branch that will often times be pointed upward to the light after a day. After about a week your plant will have multiple tops that will easily be managed by additional LST. Now you no longer have a xmas tree.... you have a Bush!
I leave the wires in until the plant pulls them up out of the dirt, then I cut some plant ties and tie them down to the side of the pot. I keep training my plants like that until buds set. Training your plants = much greater yield.
All good things... lol
Thanks alot bro really appreciate the advice, im considering waiting until I transplant agian or does it matter?

StankStirr

StankStirr

Thanks alot bro really appreciate the advice, im considering waiting until I transplant agian or does it matter?
For sure man, anytime.
I think you should do whatever works for you. Especially since it's your first run through the gauntlet. I've been following along and as Nick has said, it's all about getting grow number 1 to the finish line. I can relate since I'm in the final stretch of my first run. Just try to watch and listen to what your plant needs.
You're lucky to have someone who's been there for ya. Big props and respect to Nick!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
being that you will be transplanting soon you might as well wait, but you can use a few twist ties to start bending, just have to undue and re tie it after.. either way your ok..

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

being that you will be transplanting soon you might as well wait, but you can use a few twist ties to start bending, just have to undue and re tie it after.. either way your ok..
Yes Gnick 👏. He who creates order from choas and utters magic words that form truth. Your badass brother! few can learn, but fewer can teach

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

I feel like this would be better to feed her rather than the 12-4-8 npk in my MG

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Yeah I know from my past experience, cannabis like deep dish pizza with more toppings, oh shit you talking about the soil yeah should work lol 😂
Damn i was wondering why it wasn't eating it.. I kept slapping the stem with the pizza while it was still warm and everything. She just refused to eat😔🤣

Top Bottom