• Tagged users None
N

newbie12345

do the yellow tips meen to much water
First time hydro grow
First time hydro grow 2

N

newbie12345

Hey i reckon it’s too much light not too much water, what’s your setup and conditions, do you have an air stone?
top drip and air stone in reservoir have used no nutrients yet ph about 6.5 had it watering 8 times a day 18 hr light on changed it to 4 times a day kept light same using a 6 tube t5 florescent

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

CLAY ROCKS: They are in hydroton rock (clay rock). How come you are watering only 8 times a day? The clay rocks hold zero water.
PH: Also pH needs to be 5.5. Judging by the look of a new seed there they dont need nutrients for the first week or two.
NUTRIENTS: The Cotyledon or (seed breaker leaves) that are not true cannabis leaves all seeds have, their sole purpose is to break open the seed and they hold nutrients for the plants start of life. If your adding any nutrients to it the yellowing could be nitrogen toxicity.

N

newbie12345

CLAY ROCKS: They are in hydroton rock (clay rock). How come you are watering only 8 times a day? The clay rocks hold zero water.
PH: Also pH needs to be 5.5. Judging by the look of a new seed there they dont need nutrients for the first week or two.
NUTRIENTS: The Cotyledon or (seed breaker leaves) that are not true cannabis leaves all seeds have, their sole purpose is to break open the seed and they hold nutrients for the plants start of life. If your adding any nutrients to it the yellowing could be nitrogen toxicity.
should water run all the time they seem to improve when i went to 4 times a day

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

should water run all the time they seem to improve when i went to 4 times a day

Can you explain your system a bit more? The top hat and clay rock look like a Deep Water Culture system but that's all I see.. Judging by the clay rock, yes, you should have the water recirculating over the plant 24hrs a day. The water feed should not be directed at the stalk of your plant but just on the rocks so the roots stay wet.

Drying out is not needed in DWC as your 02 levels in the water are being introduced by your air pump to the water.

Give me all the info you can for me to help you the best. Water temperature, system, nutrients, lighting, etc.

N

newbie12345

im a rookie in every sense this clay rock system was set up by someone els about 5 years ago my wife gave up now im giving it a try

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

A lot of calcium and or salt build up from your water. Have you got a PPM meter and PH meter? Very essential with hydroponics and im curious what your tap water comes out at.

N

newbie12345

Can you explain your system a bit more? The top hat and clay rock look like a Deep Water Culture system but that's all I see.. Judging by the clay rock, yes, you should have the water recirculating over the plant 24hrs a day. The water feed should not be directed at the stalk of your plant but just on the rocks so the roots stay wet.

Drying out is not needed in DWC as your 02 levels in the water are being introduced by your air pump to the water.

Give me all the info you can for me to help you the best. Water temperature, system, nutrients, lighting, etc.
give me a minute to get info together

N

newbie12345

A lot of calcium and or salt build up from your water. Have you got a PPM meter and PH meter? Very essential with hydroponics and im curious what your tap water comes out at.
i have a ph tester it was a little high yesterday lowered it give me a few ill take pic and reply with them thanks

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Looks like you reused your Hydroton rock (clay rock)? It's a good idea to wash it very well with hydrogen peroxide if you are re using and get all the old root matter off. cleanliness is super important with this system as if your not clean, on top of water temps and aeration then you can get root rot.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

surprisingly the cockyness has lead to most my normal conversations with people. But either way i can respect it! #spreadtheknowledge
Lol.. Im just on this site to help people grow. I am writing a book as well that will be out within the next year or two based on the past few decades of growing knowledge. I really just like getting people set straight with their grows.

R

redshift75

Lol.. Im just on this site to help people grow. I am writing a book as well that will be out within the next year or two based on the past few decades of growing knowledge. I really just like getting people set straight with their grows.
I wont knock it #positivevibes all the way. Im all about discussion. anyone can push people down, whats hard is helping lift people up. when i start my ebb and flow system ill be sure to hit you up.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

I would keep pumps on for 24hr recirculation. Make sure those flow valves are not pointed directly at the stalk. Add lots of air (maybe 2 or 3 more of those air pumps I saw) Danner makes very good pond air pumps good for this and General Hydroponics make a decent air pump thats on the cheaper side apposed to Danner.

Lots of air is important in this system. If its a bit too small of a system to invest in a water chiller I would recommend freezing 5 2liter pop bottles of water and alternating 2 or 3 in the tanks each day.

Do you have a controller bucket or main feed reservoir or are you lifting the lids of the totes plants are in to add nutrients?

Top Bottom