first time hydro grow

• Thread starter newbie12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbie12345

Looks like you reused your Hydroton rock (clay rock)? It's a good idea to wash it very well with hydrogen peroxide if you are re using and get all the old root matter off. cleanliness is super important with this system as if your not clean, on top of water temps and aeration then you can get root rot.
well i could never understand the system my stepson setup its like a top drip with a airstone in the tank wife had problem with the rockwool so im trying starte plug

N

newbie12345

I would keep pumps on for 24hr recirculation. Make sure those flow valves are not pointed directly at the stalk. Add lots of air (maybe 2 or 3 more of those air pumps I saw) Danner makes very good pond air pumps good for this and General Hydroponics make a decent air pump thats on the cheaper side apposed to Danner.

Lots of air is important in this system. If its a bit too small of a system to invest in a water chiller I would recommend freezing 5 2liter pop bottles of water and alternating 2 or 3 in the tanks each day.

Do you have a controller bucket or main feed reservoir or are you lifting the lids of the totes plants are in to add nutrients?
no main resovoir cheked ph its abouit 6.5

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Wow. sorry you feel that way.
well i could never understand the system my stepson setup its like a top drip with a airstone in the tank wife had problem with the rockwool so im trying starte plug
Rockwool can be tricky to get used to. Keep your pH at 5.5 for rockwool and your system there. Range is good from 5.5 - 5.8 but I wouldnt go above or below that.

The general hydroponics rapid rooter starter plugs I see there are good too. Used them lots but I mainly use rockwool.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Yeah 6.5 is too high for hydroponics. You want it at 5.5. Then the slow raise it naturally does when healthy and clean tanks will go to 5.8 by next day or so. You will need to adjust the pH daily and make sure the water doesn't get too warm. 63 degrees is the best temp for the water to keep optimum 02 levels absorbed into the water.

Use squeeze lemon juice from the grocery store to lower the pH and baking soda to raise. You only need tiny amounts of each to go a long way so baby steps is always best with pH control.

N

newbie12345

Yeah 6.5 is too high for hydroponics. You want it at 5.5. Then the slow raise it naturally does when healthy and clean tanks will go to 5.8 by next day or so. You will need to adjust the pH daily and make sure the water doesn't get too warm. 63 degrees is the best temp for the water to keep optimum 02 levels absorbed into the water.

Use squeeze lemon juice from the grocery store to lower the pH and baking soda to raise. You only need tiny amounts of each to go a long way so baby steps is always best with pH control.
i have ph up down liquid

41TOZZV2cvL SL500 AC SS350
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok now i see you don't like when ppl disagree with you. Like everything in this post except the PH range. Don't use lemon juice or baking soda unless in a pinch lemon juice is adding organic mess and can cause bacterial blooms and has very poor stability, Baking soda has sodium and plants don't like sodium except in trace amounts, in fact it can be toxic there are far better options but also ok in a pinch for a short time. O2 is debatable advantages and disadvantages. Now i see the real person here. I am open to debate anytime and have no problem admitting if i'm wrong. You sir not so much it appears if someone disagrees with you they are cocky and instead of have a conversation you just call them cocky.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Ok now i see you don't like when ppl disagree with you. Like everything in this post except the PH range. Don't use lemon juice or baking soda unless in a pinch lemon juice is adding organic mess and can cause bacterial blooms and has very poor stability, Baking soda has sodium and plants don't like sodium except in trace amounts, in fact it can be toxic there are far better options but also ok in a pinch for a short time. O2 is debatable advantages and disadvantages. Now i see the real person here. I am open to debate anytime and have no problem admitting if i'm wrong. You sir not so much it appears if someone disagrees with you they are cocky and instead of have a conversation you just call them cocky.
What u mean by the o2?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What u mean by the o2?
O2 saturation point is based on temp in water colder water has the ability to hold more oxygen. But if you have adequate gas exchange then it's not really and issue. I feel that the benefit of a cold water temp while may have the optional o2 levels have an affect on the plants ability to take any advantage of them.

The key is replenishment of o2 not high concentration to a point. Cooler root zone temps have been proven time and time again to have slower growth.

Now there is a time and place to use them such as commercial grows where it's more of a safety net.

There is no right or wrong temp it's a very debatable subject and should be tailored to the individual grow imo

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Sorry you feel that way AquaMan.. I never called you cocky though.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

O2 saturation point is based on temp in water colder water has the ability to hold more oxygen. But if you have adequate gas exchange then it's not really and issue. I feel that the benefit of a cold water temp while may have the optional o2 levels have an affect on the plants ability to take any advantage of them.

The key is replenishment of o2 not high concentration to a point. Cooler root zone temps have been proven time and time again to have slower growth.

Now there is a time and place to use them such as commercial grows where it's more of a safety net.

There is no right or wrong temp it's a very debatable subject and should be tailored to the individual grow imo
That’s verrry interesting, I love learning as much as I can I will try to run some studies when I can to contribute

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry you feel that way AquaMan.. I never called you cocky though.
You don't have to man. It's a slap in the face to everyone that helps here. I'm not trying to be a dick well maybe a little cause that kinda was an insult to everyone else helping out here.

I know it probably wasn't meant that way or a poor choice of words but initially even I can't help but feel in some part it's directed at me. This site is one of the better ones in terms of people debating over insulting. So I for 1 would like to keep it that way.

I'm by no means perfect on this either but I really felt like you were a great addition to the community. But then I seen that comment and started to think I hope it doesn't go that way because there are enough forums that are like that.

So I decided it's better to just being it up and see where it goes. I'm not above saying I may have judged a little to much over a comment and your reply kinda leads me to think that's the case. But hope you understand why I commented

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, no problem. Cheers.
Now I feel like a dick.. sorry man I just defensive of the ppl putting in time to help... And your definitely one of those ppl and take the time to share your knowledge with new growers. I know that in itself can be a challenging thing to do day in and out and I very much respect that and know its appreciated.

I apologize if that came off a little dickish as I know it did. I should have communicated it a bit better than to assume and jump down your throat like that.

N

newbie12345

Your welcome!. Happy harvests
ok took your avice had a second air pump and stones added it to the system water is 63 deg water is about 5.5 ph water pump on all the time now adjusted were water is running still on straight water no nutrients have them don't know when guess i wing it on that this is what i have

71zC3EkKmuL AC SL1350
Top Bottom