first time hydro grow

• Thread starter newbie12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbie12345

I would keep pumps on for 24hr recirculation. Make sure those flow valves are not pointed directly at the stalk. Add lots of air (maybe 2 or 3 more of those air pumps I saw) Danner makes very good pond air pumps good for this and General Hydroponics make a decent air pump thats on the cheaper side apposed to Danner.

Lots of air is important in this system. If its a bit too small of a system to invest in a water chiller I would recommend freezing 5 2liter pop bottles of water and alternating 2 or 3 in the tanks each day.

Do you have a controller bucket or main feed reservoir or are you lifting the lids of the totes plants are in to add nutrients?
no controller reservoir if i remember right before we had a problem with them getting to cold setting on basement floor put foam underneath to raise them up water temp is 63 deg

N

newbie12345

already noticing a big change probably will add nutrients in a few days 10 gal of water 1.25 oz of each flora bloom micro and gro

IMG 20200520 111000
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Looking good! Glad you got it dialed in better! The people here are great! I know I'd have failed long ago and gave up if it wasn't for the guidance of a good handful of folks here. But I had a successful first grow and onto my 2nd and expanded my grow space and getting my 3rd grow already set up.... Yup.. This place created a monster. A friendly baked monster. 😜

N

newbie12345

Looking good! Glad you got it dialed in better! The people here are great! I know I'd have failed long ago and gave up if it wasn't for the guidance of a good handful of folks here. But I had a successful first grow and onto my 2nd and expanded my grow space and getting my 3rd grow already set up.... Yup.. This place created a monster. A friendly baked monster. 😜
can tell a big difference leary of add in nutrients not sure when

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Im not a hydro grower so no clue sorry... I think i have heard people say like 3rd or 4th node plant should be close to needing some but dont quote me on that lol i grow in soil. Its just a different animal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would also pour some nutrient solution through the hydroton to kinda rinse it a bit. Looks like it has some buildup

N

newbie12345

About 150-200ppm should be good for now
not sure what that means im a complete rookie this system was setup by stepson 5 years ago wife abandon it now im doing it i dont want his advice the chart from genral hydroponics says for seedlings 1/4 tblsp of each per gal

71zC3EkKmuL AC SL1350
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

not sure what that means im a complete rookie this system was setup by stepson 5 years ago wife abandon it now im doing it i dont want his advice the chart from genral hydroponics says for seedlings 1/4 tblsp of each per gal
You will need to get yourself a TDS meter, looks just like a ph meter except it will tell you how much stuff you are putting in the water so you can track your feeding more accurately and monitor their uptake, and adjust accordingly.

N

newbie12345

You will need to get yourself a TDS meter, looks just like a ph meter except it will tell you how much stuff you are putting in the water so you can track your feeding more accurately and monitor their uptake, and adjust accordingly.
its on the way amazon looks like tue

N

newbie12345

ill wait till i get it then add thanks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You don't have to man. It's a slap in the face to everyone that helps here. I'm not trying to be a dick well maybe a little cause that kinda was an insult to everyone else helping out here.

I know it probably wasn't meant that way or a poor choice of words but initially even I can't help but feel in some part it's directed at me. This site is one of the better ones in terms of people debating over insulting. So I for 1 would like to keep it that way.

I'm by no means perfect on this either but I really felt like you were a great addition to the community. But then I seen that comment and started to think I hope it doesn't go that way because there are enough forums that are like that.

So I decided it's better to just being it up and see where it goes. I'm not above saying I may have judged a little to much over a comment and your reply kinda leads me to think that's the case. But hope you understand why I commented

I wouldnt feel too bad Aqua, I felt the same when I read his comment. Sounded like he disregarded anyone who knows anything about growing already as being cocky. That's bound to insult everyone who knows anything lol.

That said I've got to agree with him in some respect that there are a lot of egos here and some people are very inflexible and stuck in their ways, and refuse to accept anything different as legitimate. I saw some irony in his post honestly.... with regards to the cocky new guy calling other people cocky that is.. lol. No offense meant @4TREESCANNABIS, you're clearly an accomplished grower and have likely earned the right to be a bit cocky in the real world. The farm is much more like bizzaro world though where everyone is an expert, even a lot of the rookies.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I wouldnt feel too bad Aqua, I felt the same when I read his comment. Sounded like he disregarded anyone who knows anything about growing already as being cocky. That's bound to insult everyone who knows anything lol.

That said I've got to agree with him in some respect that there are a lot of egos here and some people are very inflexible and stuck in their ways, and refuse to accept anything different as legitimate. I saw some irony in his post honestly.... with regards to the cocky new guy calling other people cocky that is.. lol. No offense meant @4TREESCANNABIS, you're clearly an accomplished grower and have likely earned the right to be a bit cocky in the real world. The farm is much more like bizzaro world though where everyone is an expert, even a lot of the rookies.
Yeah felt maybe I was a bit harsh and it's clear he has knowledge but I couldn't help but feel disrespected as a community

Top Bottom