citygrower18

084BECDD CE7A 4C4B AAFE 25814F7B6339
505C4743 51D2 4B2C BBD6 C3445DB8C527
542D03DD 672F 44A1 B8C8 B914EB5804B6
Roots are from today, leaves are a a day or two old

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Mine is basically the same but each pot had its own screen and instead of the legs at the corners I had the nearer the middle then attached then together across the top of the lid

Sorry was gardening I'll set one up quick to show what I mean

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Heres what I've done now this it's just mock up obviously you can see the mounting u clip. And see in the 2nd pic how the legs can be turned to lean in once mounted its pretty sturdy tape all the fitted joints so they don't pop out or glue permenatly.

IMG 20200804 2044323
IMG 20200804 2045139
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Heres what I've done now this it's just mock up obviously you can see the mounting u clip. And see in the 2nd pic how the legs can be turned to lean in once mounted its pretty sturdy tape all the fitted joints so they don't pop out or glue permenatly.
Perfect for DWC. I still prefer rdwc but that's perfect bro.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm not even using them now. I was forced to super crop for my first time ever and now I got 1plant with almost perfectly level canopy that fills my tent. The girls never skipped a beat.

That's now my preferred method I think

Also ditched that 5gal pail for a 70 L tote shorter so saved me some room and some work

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Have you looked Into supercropping? Like I said before it's now my preferred method to control my canopy. It's easy does a bit of damage but my blueberry didn't go into shock at all the leaves didnt even droop.

Here's what my canopy looks like. I never topped it or trained it, even though itlooksas if I topped it it actually grew this way naturally.

So that one plant is in a tent that is 2.5x2.5x5.5

IMG 20200805 2213276
IMG 20200805 2213411
citygrower18

citygrower18

Have you looked Into supercropping? Like I said before it's now my preferred method to control my canopy. It's easy does a bit of damage but my blueberry didn't go into shock at all the leaves didnt even droop.

Here's what my canopy looks like. I never topped it or trained it, even though itlooksas if I topped it it actually grew this way naturally.

So that one plant is in a tent that is 2.5x2.5x5.5
I dont think I will super crop unless I have to later on, because its my first grow

citygrower18

citygrower18

Try what I listed above. You water is lacking a buffer. Add 75ppm of ph up (look into potassium silicate instead it's great for the plants and a great ph buffer) then add your nutrients then ph down and the ph should be a lot more stable.

It is important how you mix your nutrients and in what order.

Do you have a recent pic if the plants and roots?

I feel like we talked about this before.

so I want to make sure I get this right, because I plan to set up my Scrog tomorrow and do a res change before that. I would really like this to be my final complete res change and just keep top feeding after this if possible but I have a feeling it wont be. It will just be more difficult with my 3x3 scrog im putting up, and probably wont be able to build it ontop of each bucket because my tent is too small and plants too bushy for two separate scrogs which I will be picking up separately

anyway I want to go right what you said in this comment...
1- IYO should I cut out the RO water or keep it at 50/50? and see if that will help the overall Ph from falling
2- You say I am lacking a buffer- so if decide to go with 60ppm tap water (or 50/50 mix) then I add ph up until ppm gets to 75 REGARDLESS of what the brings the Ph to? might that bring Ph to say very high number
3- Since I plan to go into bloom in about 5 days- what ratio would you recommend for flora series now? I was at 1-1-1 until recently I started doing 3-3-4 with 4 being flora bloom like you said. Should I double up or even more 1-1-2or3?

and just from a learning stand point I am curious how this exactly causes the Ph to stay stable, i will look into potassium silicate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so I want to make sure I get this right, because I plan to set up my Scrog tomorrow and do a res change before that. I would really like this to be my final complete res change and just keep top feeding after this if possible but I have a feeling it wont be. It will just be more difficult with my 3x3 scrog im putting up, and probably wont be able to build it ontop of each bucket because my tent is too small and plants too bushy for two separate scrogs which I will be picking up separately

anyway I want to go right what you said in this comment...
1- IYO should I cut out the RO water or keep it at 50/50? and see if that will help the overall Ph from falling
2- You say I am lacking a buffer- so if decide to go with 60ppm tap water (or 50/50 mix) then I add ph up until ppm gets to 75 REGARDLESS of what the brings the Ph to? might that bring Ph to say very high number
3- Since I plan to go into bloom in about 5 days- what ratio would you recommend for flora series now? I was at 1-1-1 until recently I started doing 3-3-4 with 4 being flora bloom like you said. Should I double up or even more 1-1-2or3?

and just from a learning stand point I am curious how this exactly causes the Ph to stay stable, i will look into potassium silicate
Ok use tap water and add ph up to reach 110ppm so 50ppm ph up. We will start there.

Ph up first then add nutrients. Keep the same ratio for the next 3 weeks. Then ph down to 5.6.

You are going to need to do res changes up to once every 3 days by the end. Don't scrog if you can do them imo. You can buy a pump and use a hose to empty and fill if you really want to.

I think I linked this before to you. It's because the ph up is adding alkalinity to the water increasing its buffering capacity. Now because there is more alkalinity and more acid any basic or acidic additions will have less impact and so you get a more stable pH.

Here is a better explanation

Last edited:
citygrower18

citygrower18

so did we discussed and went well, but bigger plant is looking pretty droopy right now, idk if its from the stress of moving or bc my ppm is around 575-675. I couldnt get the ppm to give me a stable reading more than that

citygrower18

citygrower18

i put the plant into a different bucket and picked up the roots, hope that didnt stress it too much, or the tap water isn't good, now im paranoid lol will see how it is in the morning I guess

citygrower18

citygrower18

Ok use tap water and add ph up to reach 110ppm so 50ppm ph up. We will start there.

Ph up first then add nutrients. Keep the same ratio for the next 3 weeks. Then ph down to 5.6.

You are going to need to do res changes up to once every 3 days by the end. Don't scrog if you can do them imo. You can buy a pump and use a hose to empty and fill if you really want to.

I think I linked this before to you. It's because the ph up is adding alkalinity to the water increasing its buffering capacity. Now because there is more alkalinity and more acid any basic or acidic additions will have less impact and so you get a more stable pH.

Here is a better explanation

read your little article on Ph and buffering.... Amazing and absolutely helpful for my understanding of the process. Thanks for that

Plants are fine this morning, setting up Scrog now and hopefully putting into flower tomorrow or next day. Going to order a pump to make it easy for res change, should have bought instead of R/O filter but its all part of the learning experience.

Thanks so far for all your help Aqua man

citygrower18

citygrower18

ADEBFE44 F30E 42AC A375 FC50CFFD524A
92DBCF7D BC10 4BDE 93A0 168B9693B61C
47489F47 2824 4361 AEA8 D5C7492C3FD4

finished my homemade scrog... thoughts?
are my plants going to get caught up on it as they try to grow through?
Any simple tips on how to proceed as they grow through it?

Top Bottom