First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Yay! Be sure you are giving her enough nutes the next week or two. She should be really thirsty during the stretch. Make sure to keep including a good level of nitrogen at least until the stretch is over rather than going full bloom formula (not sure what you are running...this is just general advice because some people cut nitrogen too early because they don't realize its importance during the stretch).

But again, she looks really nice. I just thought of that a while ago and thought I'd mention it while I was here lol.
Thank you! I definitely would not have done that on my own 😅 so thanks for the advice. She’s been way more thirsty so far already haha so I’ll be sure to give her enough nutrients until I see the stretching slow down. Is that when you would recommend switching to bloom nuts?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you! I definitely would not have done that on my own 😅 so thanks for the advice. She’s been way more thirsty so far already haha so I’ll be sure to give her enough nutrients until I see the stretching slow down. Is that when you would recommend switching to bloom nuts?
I would keep her on grow through week two. Then go fifty fifty week three until she stops stretching.

After that, you are into opinion territory lol.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

I would keep her on grow through week two. Then go fifty fifty week three until she stops stretching.

After that, you are into opinion territory lol.

I’m loving this ongoing story! Please, keep sharing!
I have three ladies at 36 days. Will stay in vegetative stage for 8 weeks.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I’m loving this ongoing story! Please, keep sharing!
I have three ladies at 36 days. Will stay in vegetative stage for 8 weeks.
I mean, from there they get finicky. You want to give them the phosphorous they need for flower, but also keep the pH in check and feel out how much nitrogen she needs. Also obviously potassium, which de facto helps with pH in most cases.

So basically I suggest watching her from some fairly conservative base and then seeing what she needs. If her leaves look sad, remember to check runoff first for pH fluctuations. Most common prob. Then make sure ppm looks in your desired range.

Then remember you want to have a plan for nutes into flush as you approach harvest.

In my current grow, I went too light on nutes, then too heavy, then stabilized as I got into late flower (I think). So this is what I am basing that on, lol.

Last edited:
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

She’s getting so big!
24334D0F 4035 4F9D 9886 5DDCF3355332
D642EBCC AB90 4973 9ADD CFE413A782C4
F99EFB2F 1167 4D49 AB00 8BFBCFBD8D5A

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think no topping at this point its in flower. isn't it?
Think th did not see the date in the post....but idk.

I would not top at this point especially as a first time grower. Some optional bending sounds fine but honestly so does just letting her go and seeing what happens imo. Probably not totally optimal, but definitely educational.

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

I would not top at this point especially as a first time grower. Some optional bending sounds fine but honestly so does just letting her go and seeing what happens imo. Probably not totally optimal, but definitely educational.
Lol no I didnt see that definitely do not top if your into flower

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

I topped when she was early in vegetative and am just letting her do her thing now haha

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

I mean, from there they get finicky. You want to give them the phosphorous they need for flower, but also keep the pH in check and feel out how much nitrogen she needs. Also obviously potassium, which de facto helps with pH in most cases.

So basically I suggest watching her from some fairly conservative base and then seeing what she needs. If her leaves look sad, remember to check runoff first for pH fluctuations. Most common prob. Then make sure ppm looks in your desired range.

Then remember you want to have a plan for nutes into flush as you approach harvest.

In my current grow, I went too light on nutes, then too heavy, then stabilized as I got into late flower (I think). So this is what I am basing that on, lol.
Haha ok cool thank you for the info!

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

2 weeks into flower now! She’s been wanting water like crazy but I think the stretching is slowing down now.
9CD05A69 2566 4003 AC2B 6673F3EA6E2F
E3BF4564 FAD2 418A A43E 98DC200D2B5F
A2A4795C F180 4E70 8855 FD68D86A9B5E

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Pretty pretty girl!!! Just to put it on your radar now....you may want to think about how you would support her if you had to. Her stems look very healthy, but buds can be quite heavy depending on strain. It might be totally unnecessary. Just saying to think about it as a hypothetical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom