First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

So I vacuumed the whole grow space, whipped everything down and kind of revamped the space. This is how she is currently looking. I raised my CFL lights some, I’m hoping that’s the burning on the leaves because it’s mostly the top ones that are really frying and curling upwards. Haven’t come across any new spider mites but obviously they are tiny and could be anywhere haha. Just trying to keep a continual eye out there. Will probably retweet (and hopefully final treatment) tomorrow right before lights out. Milton was right about the buds getting too heavy for the stems so I had to tie quite a few today that were starting to fall. But the buds are smelling a lot more now and are pretty sticky already. 6 weeks in flower as of yesterday. Going to see how good she is looking by 8 weeks and determine if I should keep her in flower longer or if she’s ready to cut.
A985BD37 1C89 44E4 B044 05722F8C865E
B32FEE7B 6D40 4637 A1D2 82B571E624E6
32B8CFAD 1CD6 43FE BC5A 7B9696D26C3B
CB10A262 E401 47E0 842B 9D14E18831DC
EBF135C4 E131 4D3D B6D3 EF49EC60DB4F

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

So I vacuumed the whole grow space, whipped everything down and kind of revamped the space. This is how she is currently looking. I raised my CFL lights some, I’m hoping that’s the burning on the leaves because it’s mostly the top ones that are really frying and curling upwards. Haven’t come across any new spider mites but obviously they are tiny and could be anywhere haha. Just trying to keep a continual eye out there. Will probably retweet (and hopefully final treatment) tomorrow right before lights out. Milton was right about the buds getting too heavy for the stems so I had to tie quite a few today that were starting to fall. But the buds are smelling a lot more now and are pretty sticky already. 6 weeks in flower as of yesterday. Going to see how good she is looking by 8 weeks and determine if I should keep her in flower longer or if she’s ready to cut.View attachment 1034921View attachment 1034922View attachment 1034923View attachment 1034924View attachment 1034925
Retreat*

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

She’s about 7 weeks in flower now. Her hairs are turning orange quickly and the smell is very present. I’m watering her with plain ph’d water from now until harvest. I would think I would have at least 2 weeks left till harvest but the amount of orange hairs now is making wonder if I’m closer than that 🤔
C73A23F0 764B 42A8 B8B5 44D2C7C163C2
AFF0796E 2501 4C96 8C98 0FF875FAD432
D6053A31 6275 463B 93B0 4CF40EA922DB
D5049BBC 53CB 4875 BE8A B63D09136019

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
She’s about 7 weeks in flower now. Her hairs are turning orange quickly and the smell is very present. I’m watering her with plain ph’d water from now until harvest. I would think I would have at least 2 weeks left till harvest but the amount of orange hairs now is making wonder if I’m closer than that 🤔View attachment 1036689View attachment 1036690View attachment 1036691View attachment 1036692
She's still pushing plenty of white pistils though. That's the better indicator imo. Looks great! Bugs?

equinox

equinox

Another new grower here, our plants are on about the same timeline as my buds first appeared on Aug 22nd also. I've been following the last few days and just loving your results. I've had so many of your struggles happen to me also. My bug infestation was tiny catterpillars. I was sitting at my desk one night wondering why moths kept fluttering around my head every time I lit one, til I went to the grow room to discover they had been munching away at her leaves overnight and hatching out. I combed my girls for bugs by hand twice a day for two weeks. I lost four small plants. I was sure I was going to have to start over. That was during veg tho! You kept your cool with bugs during flowering. I see a few ladybugs on my outdoor plants today and I'm real happy for their help. No webs or holes. Always liked ladybugs, now I know why. Anyway, just chiming in with encouragement.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Another new grower here, our plants are on about the same timeline as my buds first appeared on Aug 22nd also. I've been following the last few days and just loving your results. I've had so many of your struggles happen to me also. My bug infestation was tiny catterpillars. I was sitting at my desk one night wondering why moths kept fluttering around my head every time I lit one, til I went to the grow room to discover they had been munching away at her leaves overnight and hatching out. I combed my girls for bugs by hand twice a day for two weeks. I lost four small plants. I was sure I was going to have to start over. That was during veg tho! You kept your cool with bugs during flowering. I see a few ladybugs on my outdoor plants today and I'm real happy for their help. No webs or holes. Always liked ladybugs, now I know why. Anyway, just chiming in with encouragement.
Hey thank you so much! And that’s awesome that we are around the same timeline with our plants. Thank you for the encouraging words about my issues and pushing through, I appreciate that and glad you were able to do the same! Your plants still doing well now?

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

A little over 7 weeks in flower as of today. No new spider mite damage seen, no new burned tips, just the damage that has already been done 😣 but buds are getting thicker and stickier which I’m grateful for. Since getting the heat under control, I’m not seeing my leaves burning like crazy and clawing upward. I starting with watering with plain ph’d water now until harvest. I’m guessing 2-3 weeks left now?
1745CC27 21DB 4BCD A7E1 696BA1F7E384
4EB6B3F9 73AC 4B0D AD5B 8FD610D6F72F
2C32E96B A679 4721 B116 E54DF9A42370
3D00E337 CCF2 48CA AEB9 A9E6FB7326D6

equinox

equinox

Hey thank you so much! And that’s awesome that we are around the same timeline with our plants. Thank you for the encouraging words about my issues and pushing through, I appreciate that and glad you were able to do the same! Your plants still doing well now?
Well just after I wrote that to you I found aphids eating one of my stunted plants that had survived the moths. Poor thing.. but outside she went. It rained all night and now there's a huge windstorm, but she has to stay out because I have no place to put her while she recovers from this. I have plenty of ladybugs outdoors that will fix her up when the sun comes out tomorrow. I think its my only choice with her, even if I try and treat her she can't come back inside until I am sure. I don't see any little sesame seeds on my other plants so good so far. The outdoor plants are thriving, the indoor girls are all survivors of my noobness. Good luck in the weeks ahead.
20200928 151518447 iOS

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Well just after I wrote that to you I found aphids eating one of my stunted plants that had survived the moths. Poor thing.. but outside she went. It rained all night and now there's a huge windstorm, but she has to stay out because I have no place to put her while she recovers from this. I have plenty of ladybugs outdoors that will fix her up when the sun comes out tomorrow. I think its my only choice with her, even if I try and treat her she can't come back inside until I am sure. I don't see any little sesame seeds on my other plants so good so far. The outdoor plants are thriving, the indoor girls are all survivors of my noobness. Good luck in the weeks ahead.View attachment 1037929
Thanks, you too! Sounds like you have a good plan

equinox

equinox

So my aphid gal survived her two nights outdoors in the 8c stormy weather. She actually looks much better. I've killed every bug I can see by going over her top and bottom. I found two or three aphids on two other plants so everybody is out doors for the day. Lots of ladybugs so I'm optimistic.

FWIW, I had the scorched leaf problem you described earlier and I was eventually able to determine that the problem was the cheap grow light I was using in that tent. I had taken some bad advice and bought a light at costco that turned out to be a waste of money as all my plants stretched desperately to reach it and then eventually got that burned look because they weren't getting the light they needed. They weren't burning on the light, they were "burning" for the lack of it. It all stopped once I took them outdoors. I don't have any idea if your problem is similar, but I thought I would mention it. I'm buying better lights as I can afford them.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
FWIW, I had the scorched leaf problem you described earlier and I was eventually able to determine that the problem was the cheap grow light I was using in that tent. I had taken some bad advice and bought a light at costco that turned out to be a waste of money as all my plants stretched desperately to reach it and then eventually got that burned look because they weren't getting the light they needed. They weren't burning on the light, they were "burning" for the lack of it. It all stopped once I took them outdoors. I don't have any idea if your problem is similar, but I thought I would mention it. I'm buying better lights as I can afford them.
This is super interesting. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

So my aphid gal survived her two nights outdoors in the 8c stormy weather. She actually looks much better. I've killed every bug I can see by going over her top and bottom. I found two or three aphids on two other plants so everybody is out doors for the day. Lots of ladybugs so I'm optimistic.

Happy to hear most of the bugs have been cleared up 👍🏻 I’ve been using CFL’s this whole grow, 7 bulbs to be exact, so I think the lights were too close to the tops along with the temp being anywhere between 80-86 in the small space so I think that’s what really scorched her. Once I moved the lights up and got the temp under 80, no more burning that I can see

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

8 weeks in flower today! Giving her another week for sure and then going from there 👌🏻 She looks beat up lol but she’s still hanging in there!
B28A3581 657E 4730 9E5A 2CB1CA5CFAE8
50E630B1 7460 472D B7F0 478080AF4E3E
57547D15 69B2 4606 9841 12DBE59F84AC
F6283426 C4FB 46D2 95FD 8FB6DE80A6C3

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Trust me, you want to wait for the final plumping up. She's taking her time but she looks good. Wish I could understand why her tips are burnt but that gets trimmed anyway.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Trust me, you want to wait for the final plumping up. She's taking her time but she looks good. Wish I could understand why her tips are burnt but that gets trimmed anyway.
Do you think another 2 weeks would be better or give it another week and go from there? I’m definitely trying not to be too impatient lmao but also don’t know if keeping in flower for longer than needed is a bad thing or could ruin the final product. I still think the burning on the tips was from the heat and the issue with the water pH in the first month of flower :/ Learning as I’m going haha, so thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom