First time making THC Vape juice

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Ron11

11Ron11

Iv been smoking a THC vape pen for the last week and really enjoy it.
It's base is 50/50 PG/VG.
Iv ordered 1 liter PG and 1 liter VG food grade liquid.
From the research Iv done I'm going to stick with 50/50 and I'm going to start with a small batch maybe a ounce or 2..
Decarb oxalate for a hour.
Liquid filled just above flower and double boil for 3 hours drain liquid and refill with new 50/50 mix boil another 3 hours and then drain repeat a third time and then discard of weed and filter all liquid through cheese cloth folded multiple times.
Let cool and enjoy!
My pg and vg should be delivered by Wednesday so if I'm headed toward disaster let me know..lol

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

Iv been smoking a THC vape pen for the last week and really enjoy it.
It's base is 50/50 PG/VG.
Iv ordered 1 liter PG and 1 liter VG food grade liquid.
From the research Iv done I'm going to stick with 50/50 and I'm going to start with a small batch maybe a ounce or 2..
Liquid filled just above flower and double boil for 3 hours drain liquid and refill with new 50/50 mix boil another 3 hours and then drain repeat a third time and then discard of weed and filter all liquid through cheese cloth folded multiple times.
Let cool and enjoy!
My pg and vg should be delivered by Wednesday so if I'm headed toward disaster let me know..lol
You're using the PG/VG to extract the THC from the flower? I wonder if that repeated long-term boiling is degrading the THC?

11Ron11

11Ron11

You're using the PG/VG to extract the THC from the flower? I wonder if that repeated long-term boiling is degrading the THC?
It would from what I read if you exceed 200 you need to boil the water but not the liquid inside the mason jar

Moshmen

Moshmen

@Moe.Red do you make your own carts ? I have not tried yet , seems I remember u givin me a formula? I could be wrong

steamroller

steamroller

I make my carts with a 'wax liquidizer'.
I use 1:1 rosin to liquidizer .
Only really like the grape flavor personally.
Good stuff and less then 10 minutes from start to finish.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I make my carts with a 'wax liquidizer'.
I use 1:1 rosin to liquidizer .
Only really like the grape flavor personally.
Good stuff and less then 10 minutes from start to finish.
Do press your rosin ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red do you make your own carts ? I have not tried yet , seems I remember u givin me a formula? I could be wrong
I've never done anything close to what OP is talking about. I just looked it up tho, and I would say use 100% PG:

When it comes to propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG), there’s no competition. VG did not infuse well at all, but with PG, we were able to get over 90% of the THC from the decarbed flower into the PG, infusing just 1 gram of decarbed flower to 1 ounce of PG.

Compare that to VG, which pulled less than 6% of the THC from the decarbed flower, infusing 1 gram of the same strain of decarbed flower into 1 ounce of VG.

Out of a total 197.8mg of available THC in the 1 gram of bud after a decarb cycle in the decarboxylator, the VG infusion only resulted in 11.34mg of THC in the one ounce of VG used. Compare that to 179.7 mg THC in the once ounce of PG.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moshmen @steamroller we need to have a pressing summit. I got like a bunch I want to do all at once. It's kinda old at this point, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Maybe one of you can start a howto thread with your temps and times and pre-press or whatever you do? Do you use silicone or wax paper, big frozen metal plate? I know nugsmasher sells one. Just curious how the pros do it.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I just re read. He never said he was using rosin. I used to make distillate that was solid. 10% terps made it work it good carts. Idk about rosin carts
Check em out. I smoke/make a lot of carts. A press is a must for those diving into carts IMO. I started with distillate, but wanted a simpler/quicker method. I
also think good rosin carts are superior to distillate. Press at like 235 C and buy flavorless liquid terps. Some flavors are pretty good though. Gather rosin from wax paper by placing on top of sheet pan from freezer. Add to silicon container within metal decarb chamber, although you don’t need to decarb. I use for controlled heat. Hot plate works fine too, just put silicon on heat level tray or plate. Use syringe to draw up liquid terps, (.7-1.0ml per 1 g rosin) and add to silicon container which has now liquified the rosin completely. Mix well and draw up in syringe once cooled a bit. Pop into empty 1 g carts from online or I use a nicotine vape mod which allows for like 3 g storage and changes heat. More watts for thicker… blah blah blah
Hit like a truck man.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I decarbed mine till rosin was clear then ran it straight through with any additional additives , though I did buy some to use.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

^^^this!^^^

Would love to see a thread on this.
My problem is I never get anywhere near what I see people doing on youtube. There is a guy that presses 1/2 pound into 60gr or 26.4%. I get about half that typically.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I've never done anything close to what OP is talking about. I just looked it up tho, and I would say use 100% PG:

When it comes to propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG), there’s no competition. VG did not infuse well at all, but with PG, we were able to get over 90% of the THC from the decarbed flower into the PG, infusing just 1 gram of decarbed flower to 1 ounce of PG.

Compare that to VG, which pulled less than 6% of the THC from the decarbed flower, infusing 1 gram of the same strain of decarbed flower into 1 ounce of VG.

Out of a total 197.8mg of available THC in the 1 gram of bud after a decarb cycle in the decarboxylator, the VG infusion only resulted in 11.34mg of THC in the one ounce of VG used. Compare that to 179.7 mg THC in the once ounce of PG.
Hmmm.. Guess I'll have to do PG infuse then mix VG next time. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom