First Time Manifolding/Mainlining

• Thread starter jaguarlax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I know they recommend only 8 colas on indoor growing but I decided to go with 16. Are they concerned about growth time or lighting with 16????

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I was under the impression that 16 was the golden number and any more would actually hinder growth.

That was from an artical on grow weed easy quoting nug bucket, who I guess has been credited with the tech.

Don't quote me on that tjo as I'm still on my first try mainlining and only just made my second cuts.

I've mainline 2 skunk 1s in identical conditions one I stripped all the lower growth from and the other I left all the growth on just took the tops.

There both identical in terms of speed so far I only plan on doing 8 colas but the plant with the growth still actually has 8 even tops due to the lst aspect.

Now I wonder if mainlining is even more effective than just lst only as when I grow my strait lst plants in circles around the bucket I thought to make all the branches the mains was the idea? We Will see but already with strait lst no topping my plants would way farther along than this.

Looks very cool tho

Def following

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I was under the impression that 16 was the golden number and any more would actually hinder growth.

That was from an artical on grow weed easy quoting nug bucket, who I guess has been credited with the tech.

Don't quote me on that tjo as I'm still on my first try mainlining and only just made my second cuts.

I've mainline 2 skunk 1s in identical conditions one I stripped all the lower growth from and the other I left all the growth on just took the tops.

There both identical in terms of speed so far I only plan on doing 8 colas but the plant with the growth still actually has 8 even tops due to the lst aspect.

Now I wonder if mainlining is even more effective than just lst only as when I grow my strait lst plants in circles around the bucket I thought to make all the branches the mains was the idea? We Will see but already with strait lst no topping my plants would way farther along than this.

Looks very cool tho

Def following
Im curious to see how the mainlines catch up to the LST myself. Right now they are lagging. Unfortunately I am doing all different strains so I can't truly compare yields.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter

Looks very cool tho

Def following

My thing is at this point in the process, I can see topping, but anything I remove is not going to become a bud site, so unless this "extra" growth becomes unmanagable I am going to keep them. My first set of plants is doing well, and I am happy I didnt remove all the lower growth... To me smaller buds are still buds, and I will just throw them in the rosin press... more will be revealed.

1badcell

1badcell

We are trying to make a plant that normally has 1 top. Manipulating it to a plant with as many tops as you wish. Using proven methods.
This won't your plant make better buds.
Just more of the same bud's lower canopy lower temperature is goal

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I from what I've read mind ya was under the impression that the idea was more consistent quality bud, easier for canopy management.

It was explained that the mainlining tech forces the plant grow colas equally far from the root system. In such they will all get the same amount of nutrients, and attention from the plant truly making them all top colas.

very little of the larfy buds.

In reality without that assumed science this is just topping and lst combined.

That's the impression I got from multiple articals I've since read including the guy who named it mainlining Nug Buckets

1badcell

1badcell

I from what I've read mind ya was under the impression that the idea was more consistent quality bud, easier for canopy management.

It was explained that the mainlining tech forces the plant grow colas equally far from the root system. In such they will all get the same amount of nutrients, and attention from the plant truly making them all top colas.

That's the impression I got from multiple articals I've since read including the guy who named it mainlining Nug Buckets
Only difference is topping can be done on any node stem.
Main lining removes the stem. Witch is what is difference. Causing the manifold to form.

1badcell

1badcell

The pictures I posted are grape dios seeds started 1.7.20 so about 14 weeks old. They take a while to recover 3 weeks per cut on average.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That's the reason I'm trying this actually is I have the extra time now cause flower room is still fuk for a month and half if I'm lucky lol

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
@JAG you know I never thought of like that honestly I usually concentrate mine also different extraction lol butane or iso wash.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Here’s one for ya guys.. I noticed the main stem sprout about a week ago... she’s not my strongest plant but it’s interesting...
FD653951 6C1E 4702 ABDF 4DF283E08CD8

And a shoutout to All my fellow nerds :)

82FBAD7A 15F9 4430 98B2 C31E4ED2776B

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That's crazy so you got an extra 2 branchs. I've seen certain trees do that or a stump gets seeded but never a topping. Gotta be a donky pheno lol

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Think about it...when you buy a sac what do you do? Pull out the fattest nugz and marvel at them! HA! I'm going to blaze some of this bad mug up! Well...that's what I do hahaha! Smoke the rest with ur buddies and save that puppy for yourself! If you can make your plant produce mostly those nugz wouldn't you want to give it a try? I'm not growing to sell but for a fun journey to see what I can grow. For me me me! HA!

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well not to hijack jags thread but, yesterday my 2 skunks looked fairly even in growth speed. Comparing the growth with leaving all lower branching on or removing.

So today as im looking at them, I can clearly see now the skunk I took all lower vegetation off of is actually growing more robustly.

It's not enough proof or done very scientifically but there might be something to removing the lower growth for plant concentration on the tops.

Here some pics the skunk in orange pot is stripped of lower growth and the grey pot has the growth left on it.

Hope you can see the difference in my cell phone pics

DSC 0039
DSC 0038
1badcell

1badcell

Chemdog mainlined from seed.
Nice lookin thick stem on your plant.
Mainlining is cutting stem growth. Manifold mainlining makes 1 plant turn into many copies of it self on 1 stem.
2 you have now.
All with the same root structures

1badcell

1badcell

Well not to hijack jags thread but, yesterday my 2 skunks looked fairly even in growth speed. Comparing the growth with leaving all lower branching on or removing.

So today as im looking at them, I can clearly see now the skunk I took all lower vegetation off of is actually growing more robustly.

It's not enough proof or done very scientifically but there might be something to removing the lower growth for plant concentration on the tops.

Here some pics the skunk in orange pot is stripped of lower growth and the grey pot has the growth left on it.

Hope you can see the difference in my cell phone pics
That's what Dj's thread says. I see it too.
This is great place to learn stuff.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well damn me to hell no where did I read it but it shoulda been common sence but I f**,, * upmy mainlining damn.

I made my 2nd cuts on a node that is growing the wrong way so that instead of my new mains growing side by side they are growing one on top one on bottom.

Lsting them now one is obviously taller than the other. Should cut one node higher. Live and learn

Top Bottom