First time with Coco Coir/Perlite mix

• Thread starter The Rabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Day 1, Week 6. White widow (x2). 3x3 grow tent. Separate 7 gal grow pots. HLG 100 QB light.
Enjoying growing in coir/perlite mix. It seems to be somewhat of an easy grown so far. Did a fairly extensive defoliation today removing over 50% of the leaves, similar to a lolli-popping. Feeding once or twice a day with a gallon of tap water, 2ml of cal/mag, 8 ml of Humbolt A+B, .5ml of Humbolt root every other week, and keeping the ph of the solution at 5.5. Keeping an eye on what is going in (nutes, ph, ppm) and the run-off.
Looking at buying a marshydro TSL 2000 QB for the bloom, next month.
Any advice on the light or the bloom is welcome.
Cheers!

Wwx2at6weekscoco
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Day 1, Week 8. 18/6 on timer. HLG 100: 10" from canopy. Canopy around 5-6 inches deep, (canopy starts 9" above coco) 7lb fabric pots: Coco/perlite, 50/50 watering every day (1/2 gall each fabric pot). Food 600ppm one day, 800 ppm the next. One Ph water flush around once a week. CalMag, Humboldt A+B, plus a tiny amount of Golden Tree.
Thinned the canopy a little, this weekend. Light thinning + Using LST: leaf hiding, stem bending with twist ties.
  • Humidity has been a little high in tent.
  • Sprayed for mold and spider mites (organic).
  • Fan running 24/7.
  • Left tent door slightly open to reduce humidity.
  • Will start extractor soon, or the neighbors will be wanting some!
  • Will probably go to flower at the end of next week
  • New grow light coming in from California Lightworks (solar extreme 250 for $199 [20% '420' discount]
Thinking of starting a couple of critical purple autos in a couple of weeks for some summer haze.
Any good threads or advice out there for autos are welcome!

Day 1 Week 8
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

First time Auto grow: Critical Purple Auto (x2) seeds planted in the aerogrow (1 gal) to get them started, today. Will cycle these in veg in a tent at the same time I move the WW (x2) to bloom. First time with x2 grows going at the same time.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Week 3 of the critical purp in the aerogrow. will transplant next week to coco. bought a second tent to house them.

Criticalpurp
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Week 11 of the White Widow. 12/12 for 2 weeks.
Not sure whether to lollipop or not. first 8-10 inches below the canopy are defoliated around a month ago.
Does lolli-popping increase yields or just make the harvest easier?

Wwearly bloom
Wwearly bloom1
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

looking super ! You could setup a scrog ! I grow coco perlite also, it's easy enough not to mess it up, but also has its pains, but mostly a joy. Massive plants in coco.
That HLG is doing a superb job. Keep it going !

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Thanks for sharing, fatconeskills. There is a scrog net in there, but it is mid-canopy. Do you think I should raise it a bit?

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Thanks for sharing, fatconeskills. There is a scrog net in there, but it is mid-canopy. Do you think I should raise it a bit?
great grow bud, thanks for sharing with us. Didn't even notice, I'd go for second net, it's not uncommon to have two, one mid facilitating late veg/ early flower then one for when the flower form and slight stretch. I wouldn't remove anything, pain in the ass ! New net of just let it grow

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

great grow bud, thanks for sharing with us. Didn't even notice, I'd go for second net, it's not uncommon to have two, one mid facilitating late veg/ early flower then one for when the flower form and slight stretch. I wouldn't remove anything, pain in the ass ! New net of just let it grow

Nice one! I will look for another scrog net, today, or make one with a smaller grid. Cheers!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

They look great nice growing , you may have to put second level on there going to put on more size n weight .

Thanks for sharing. I hadn't considered the second net as a support for heavy cones. I had just been using the scrog to spread the cones across the space. Cheers!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Got that second scrog net and the California Lightworks solar extreme 250 led is working great. Plants are shooting up like weeds ... . Less than a foot and a half left in my 6' tent. My last grow didn't get much above 3' with the 100 watt light.

IMG 20200523 183210429
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Week 3 of the critical purp in the aerogrow. will transplant next week to coco. bought a second tent to house them.
Transplanted the purps to peat. There was an odd narrowness at the base of the stem. Like an hour glass, which has made one of the plants flimsy. Not seen that before, but the transplant appears to have gone well. So, maybe it will fatten up?

IMG 20200523 183928271
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

My timer program didn't kick in. So, the plants stretched and filled the 3x3 grow tent. So, I descrogged two nets, gave them each their own tent. Then rescrogged. They stretched a lot. So, they are pretty straggly. Hoping the move to the basement and the 12/12 lighting slows them down and they fatten up. Now, I am thinking a grow room makes more sense, but I need to focus on the timer first!!

IMG 20200527 172201496
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Two tents connected, one air filter. Curious if this will work, as things get more dank.

IMG 20200527 172201496
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Transplanted the purps to peat. There was an odd narrowness at the base of the stem. Like an hour glass, which has made one of the plants flimsy. Not seen that before, but the transplant appears to have gone well. So, maybe it will fatten up?

Ah, the pain of learning/lack of experience: One critical purple survivor is thriving. The dogs got the other three. Seriously, I turned my back for a minute and the three seedlings were gone. The 5th plant toppled over, probably some kind of rot.
Using LST. Anchored the twist ties using paperclips on the cloth pot. Getting a good spread. The plant is in early bloom. Looking forward to this little lady getting frosty.

IMG 20200609 150813375
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Two tents connected, one air filter. Curious if this will work, as things get more dank.

Put the plants in the dark for a couple of days, then a 10 hour on cycle to let them know it is definitely time to bloom, as I am running out of space in the tents. Moved them to 11 hours on today and will get them back on 12/12 at the end of the week. It appears they are moving into bloom now. I must have stressed them when I descrogged them and put them in separate tents. Probably a newbie move, but I am learning!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just seen this thread. Watch high humidity at the base of the stem I have seen it cause issues more than a few times. Need to get some air movement across the top of the coco or this micro climates will kill ya. First sign is little white bumps that's the formation of roots and first indication of high humidity microclimate around the base of the stem. After that comes rot and infection.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Put the plants in the dark for a couple of days, then a 10 hour on cycle to let them know it is definitely time to bloom, as I am running out of space in the tents. Moved them to 11 hours on today and will get them back on 12/12 at the end of the week. It appears they are moving into bloom now. I must have stressed them when I descrogged them and put them in separate tents. Probably a newbie move, but I am learning!
When you run outa space you need to do what ya need to do. I cut a full 4x4 down last grow because I was to lazy to try and fight it for 9weeks after having to go away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom