Fishing for opinions on a foliar product

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Oscar!!! It's not the temp it's the ro water. Needs the minerals from the tap water or something like that. Try it with room temp tap water. I leave my water out for a day or two then run it through a brita filter. End up with about 20 ppm water. Anyway stop using ro!

You need warm water, at least it says in the instructions,:) We just tried 3 different batches, I did warm RO, Warm RO with baking soda,Warm Ro with the New little bottle were the Spray-N-Grow is already yellow in the bottle. The one with the baking Soda added at 1/2 tsp turned a more yellowish looking right away, other two were the same. I have to use RO for everything, We have a nasty as fuck Iron Bacteria in the water supply, that has to be treated with H2o2 before any of its used then is go threw a water softener, so RO water is where I have to start with everything or shit goes south with the supply water quick.

I wanted to play around with this today and see if any what the difference was, I followed the part in the instructins where is says to add the baking soda and it works just like is said, water turned yellow, my question is WHAT Does Baking soda do good or bad to Marijuana ?

Tnelz

Tnelz

You need warm water, at least it says in the instructions,:) We just tried 3 different batches, I did warm RO, Warm RO with baking soda,Warm Ro with the New little bottle were the Spray-N-Grow is already yellow in the bottle. The one with the baking Soda added at 1/2 tsp turned a more yellowish looking right away, other two were the same. I have to use RO for everything, We have a nasty as fuck Iron Bacteria in the water supply, that has to be treated with H2o2 before any of its used then is go threw a water softener, so RO water is where I have to start with everything or shit goes south with the supply water quick.

I wanted to play around with this today and see if any what the difference was, I followed the part in the instructins where is says to add the baking soda and it works just like is said, water turned yellow, my question is WHAT Does Baking soda do good or bad to Marijuana ?
Love experiments and people who take the time to do them. As far as I know baking soda is a ph up? U will have zero adverse effects. Spray one plant until u are comfortable. I want to say it helps because spray and grow needs a higher pH. Please don't quote me. Lol.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter

@squiggly could you give some insight on why when Baking Soda is added to the warm RO with the Spray-N-Grow it make the mix change to the yellow color ?

It will not do this in RO with out the Baking Soda Added

Quantrill

Quantrill

1/2 teaspoon per what?
Gallon = 178 ppm sodium added
Liter= 675 ppm sodium added from baking soda. You'd be better off with a potassium based pH up.

B

Bangarang

When foliar feeding what Ph should your feed be? 5.0-5.2? (When using Silica, Boost, FulPower, Sea Green, Kelp...)
Does your foliar affect the plants ability to uptake nutrients fed through the medium? Will foliar feeding change the EC or Ph of Coco?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
When foliar feeding what Ph should your feed be? 5.0-5.2? (When using Silica, Boost, FulPower, Sea Green, Kelp...)
Does your foliar affect the plants ability to uptake nutrients fed through the medium? Will foliar feeding change the EC or Ph of Coco?
When I Foliar spray I use Ro Water mix what ever it is, Sea Green, Bills, and spray I never PH my Foliar spray, Even Haevy 16 says on the bottle not to PH their Foliar spray, just mix it and go.

Tony69

Tony69

Oscar are you mixing Sea Green with your Bills and SnG. How many mls. per gallon of SG. did you figure worked the best?

B

Bangarang

When you foliar spray does this interfere with the plants ability to uptake certain elements through the roots? For example if you are feeding 1000ppm and foliaring 300 of kelp or micros could this cause ppm's to increase?

Myco

Myco

IMO when I'm in doubt, I pH to a neutral 7. I have a hard time foliar feeding my ladies at a pH of 9, which is where it can easily be when using silica. BUT when I do use a silica/neem mix, have never bothered to check the pH although I'm sure it's high as shit, and it works like a champ... Sooo... perhaps it doesn't matter?

Interesting that Heavy 16 says not to pH their foliar - @oscar169 if you were to add the Heavy 16 foliar to straight RO, have you ever bothered to check what the pH is out of curiousity? I would assume it drops pretty low, although I have no clue what Heavy 16 foliar is made up of...

Top Bottom