• Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
florists turn carnations blue by adding blue dye to water

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have seen the Gypsy's on the corner selling the blue carnations during holiday's around here. I asked them how they did it and they said after there cut they soak them in the blue dye. That seems legit. But what I am talking about is WEED being grown and dye'd during the time it is growing. I can see the stems changing some color but not the buds.
Here is where I can be wrong. Purple Maxx for example, I used to use it, It did turn some strains a litttle purple, But also did when I turned down the temps in the room.
Also the Flavor thing too. I just do not believe untill I see it with my own eye's that food coloring can change the color of Bud's while flowering.

I am not trying to argue or start anything by this. Please do not take it that way.

J

Jalisco Kid

Well you are the first I have ever heard that it worked for them succesfuly.
I was basically talking about changing the colors or weed with food dye. If it can be done I want to see some pics. I still do not believe it too much though.
So your saying the cranberry farmer's put color dye when they feed the plants? And same with grape juice? I am still calling BS!
I am only talking about the feeding part during the plants life cycle while it is growing. Not after it is being processed.
I don't want to turn this into a arguement. I just never seen or heard of it working.

AN and Botanicacare use those juices for flavor not color,AN even used to put sandalwood oil in. Just proves WC was right,there is a sucker born everyday. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i got a batch of blueberry once that really smelled like blueberries. Got great reviews.

edit: I don't know if the smell was doctored, but it must have been
Not necessarily. I have some Orange Krush that when taken to a club in SoCal earlier in the year, was considered to be "doctored" by putting orange peels into it. I did NO such thing, absolutely no such thing. I take great pride in doing my best to let the plant's characteristics shine through and would never want anything to adulterate it.

Unadulterated weed, that's my bag.
I will agree on that blueberry tip, Sky. He ain't kiddin', folks :)
I was just wondering about the technique. I've used it to add food coloring to daffodils and tulips. Never needed to flavor my ganja, though, as "ganja" IS already my favorite flavor...lol
I've done that with carnations and celery. It works fastest with celery.

C

chefrey

I'm for ganja flavored ganja as well if I want vanilla, strawberry or chocolate I'll get 1 of those bryer's ice cream like my mom got when I was a kid

frebo

frebo

I had an "Agent Orange" plant last year that tasted and smelled like orange peel. It was almost too much so I would mix it with something else to smoke it. I love most of the fruity varieties. I have a "Bubblicious" plant this year that is starting to smell like gum - do not get this clone. Four footer with about twenty buds. Just didn't grow.

Dave1923

Dave1923

I Flavored my sour diesel with fresh lime juice in the feeding 3 hr before cut and WOW Amazing. Did Lemon as well and the aromas even after cure were awesome. The aftertaste in the back of your throat was of a nice mellow HINT OF lime and added value and talking points as well. With my Blue Dream Grow i am doing with blueberry Flavoring at the very end, Not much but just to boost the berry scent. Have never had a Bad plant from it so far....MEOWMIX

growsince79

growsince79

I Flavored my sour diesel with fresh lime juice in the feeding 3 hr before cut and WOW Amazing. Did Lemon as well and the aromas even after cure were awesome. The aftertaste in the back of your throat was of a nice mellow HINT OF lime and added value and talking points as well. With my Blue Dream Grow i am doing with blueberry Flavoring at the very end, Not much but just to boost the berry scent. Have never had a Bad plant from it so far....MEOWMIX
No offense, but that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Bro science gone wild.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I shredded the dark outside part of the rind of a bunch of lemons and oranges and then did the rick simpson method of thc extraction without the crockpot and just in a glass dish. I added it to a joint and it did nothing but then I tried to make it a few more times to make it better and for my 3rd try, I don't know what I did but I did something right. It hardly changes the taste but it feels like sativa on steroids. I couldn't sleep or even rest. I'm not sure if it actually has limonene or if it's just placebo but I don't care.

growsince79

growsince79

I shredded the dark outside part of the rind of a bunch of lemons and oranges and then did the rick simpson method of thc extraction without the crockpot and just in a glass dish. I added it to a joint and it did nothing but then I tried to make it a few more times to make it better and for my 3rd try, I don't know what I did but I did something right. It hardly changes the taste but it feels like sativa on steroids. I couldn't sleep or even rest. I'm not sure if it actually has limonene or if it's just placebo but I don't care.
Well that makes more sense than trying to feed it or inject it. But I'd recommend trying a lemon kush of some sort. Had a tahoe pheno that was like lemon pledge.

mancorn

mancorn

How did a 10 year thread get reborn? I’ve tried this with apples, cherries, plums, apricots, tomato’s... Of course I didn’t. This is complete nonsense. If you could make strawberry flavored broccoli I’m sure smarter minds then ours would have done it. But spraying OJ on a cow won’t make a 50/50 bar. Don’t even want to get started on the equally dumb terpene flavoring added post harvest, that converts to carcinogens when heated.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How did a 10 year thread get reborn? I’ve tried this with apples, cherries, plums, apricots, tomato’s... Of course I didn’t. This is complete nonsense. If you could make strawberry flavored broccoli I’m sure smarter minds then ours would have done it. But spraying OJ on a cow won’t make a 50/50 bar. Don’t even want to get started on the equally dumb terpene flavoring added post harvest, that converts to carcinogens when heated.
Can you provide evidence of terpene smoke containing carcinogens?

growsince79

growsince79

Can you provide evidence of terpene smoke containing carcinogens?
LOL Who cares about carcinogens as long as it makes shit genetics taste good. Seriously sad anyone would even consider it. They do though. Just look at the garbage sold in stores.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
LOL Who cares about carcinogens as long as it makes shit genetics taste good. Seriously sad anyone would even consider it. They do though. Just look at the garbage sold in stores.
Are you saying you don't care about carcinogens or you don't want to add terpenes to you smoke?

Top Bottom