Floramite, Avid, and Forbid outlawed!!!!!!

• Thread starter diesel707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

I just bought 2 gallons about a month ago over by fresno try ag fertilizer stores

A

amstercal

Buddy: Sorry. I wasn't trying to say that you'd said everyone was wrong. It was like a "in the worst case scenario, even if you did think everyone was wrong, would it be so bad to rotate products" kind of thing.

And I wasn't advocating a Floramtie/Avid/Forbid regime. I've gotten rid of mites with just regular applications of Safers and p-bombs and good cleaning. I don't know Organicide, but I would think Neem and something else would qualify as a rotation with the NPS. I am no expert myself though. Maybe someone who is can chime in. Kinda sounds like you're already doing what Sea brought up, just different products.

And I for one was never trying to imply you shouldn't use NPS. Just that in SoCal, they will laugh at them and use them as a nice ladder, and with warnings about prolonged exposure to the strips, I can understand why some people object to them.

In fact, I don't think I've ever told anyone not to use any particular pesticide. I just hope to educated myself and hope to inspire others to consider the effects on themselves, the people who smoke their weed and the ecosystem they're putting the pesticides into.

Ludacris: I was just going to ignore the signature thing, but since you keep bringing it up... If you reread post 56, you'll see that the suggestion for changing your signature was that you inform people on your "fuck the environment" stance so they know that when reading your advice. You were the one who replied you would. I would have +repped you for being honest like that. I would even agree to put something like "I'm a friggin treehugger" in mine if you think that's fair. I can see this whole thing has upset you though, and I'm more than willing to withdraw my request.

And on your digging up old threads to pull out stuff I've said and posting nonsensical comments, huh? I realize you are a one move at a time kind of guy, but looking at the effects of our farming choices is always on topic when you discuss using pesticides. If I'm preaching for wanting to be a responsible farmer and hoping others do too, so be it. You really don't need to hunt me down on the Farm though.

B

budseyeveiw

Buddy: Sorry. I wasn't trying to say that you'd said everyone was wrong. It was like a "in the worst case scenario, even if you did think everyone was wrong, would it be so bad to rotate products" kind of thing.

And I wasn't advocating a Floramtie/Avid/Forbid regime. I've gotten rid of mites with just regular applications of Safers and p-bombs and good cleaning. I don't know Organicide, but I would think Neem and something else would qualify as a rotation with the NPS. I am no expert myself though. Maybe someone who is can chime in. Kinda sounds like you're already doing what Sea brought up, just different products.

And I for one was never trying to imply you shouldn't use NPS. Just that in SoCal, they will laugh at them and use them as a nice ladder, and with warnings about prolonged exposure to the strips, I can understand why some people object to them.

In fact, I don't think I've ever told anyone not to use any particular pesticide. I just hope to educated myself and hope to inspire others to consider the effects on themselves, the people who smoke their weed and the ecosystem they're putting the pesticides into.

Ludacris: I was just going to ignore the signature thing, but since you keep bringing it up... If you reread post 56, you'll see that the suggestion for changing your signature was that you inform people on your "fuck the environment" stance so they know that when reading your advice. You were the one who replied you would. I would have +repped you for being honest like that. I would even agree to put something like "I'm a friggin treehugger" in mine if you think that's fair. I can see this whole thing has upset you though, and I'm more than willing to withdraw my request.

And on your digging up old threads to pull out stuff I've said and posting nonsensical comments, huh? I realize you are a one move at a time kind of guy, but looking at the effects of our farming choices is always on topic when you discuss using pesticides. If I'm preaching for wanting to be a responsible farmer and hoping others do too, so be it. You really don't need to hunt me down on the Farm though.

refering back to your cancer comment, seeing as i live in the uk near to scotland, are you wishing cancer on me too??

i agree with the pesticides issue i love bees and i care about the enviroment but here in the uk weed is grown indoors, the pesticide dose not leave the grow room and if it does, its in very miniscule amounts,
so unfortuanately your being quite ignorant to the actual facts, the facts being that these really have no chance to enter the ecosystem from indoors.

the same as with global warming etc, the only things which will make a difference will be the government banning petrol/gas. big changes... but anyway,
if you grow outside... be responsible for the enviroment
if indoors make sure you keep it indoors.

if you are gonna start waving around the antipesticide plackard, take it to the big boys doing the damage, not the cannibis community who are most likely the least damaging to the enviroment.

and fuck look at GM crops in the usa fuck i wouldnt even know where to start with that enviromental mess. like you said these things start with the individual so im assuming that you were campaigning against that too??

lets get back on subject, killing mites, we dont need a lecture on pesticides, thanks anyway for that. as poor ludicris was just trying to help the op, every post here in the thread should be doing the same thing..

L

LUDACRIS.

I still dont see what my signature has to do with anything ??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
SHIT What can i say ??

CHRIS.
I don't know! But when I consider that one question--WHY do "we" (human beings) care about "the environment" almost everything I land on originally stems from what can only be called "selfishness." In other words, WE want to survive, but we'll be the least likely organisms. WE care about the environment because we don't want to see it change, which, again, is selfish. It's always changing. That is one hell of a digression, isn't it? I apologize, this is my brain in action (yes, I really AM that distracted and distractable, also able to be that hyper-focused).

Please don't read what I wrote as calling you or any one person out. I guess my point was mostly that I was picking up what Buddy was saying about how we pick and choose, all of us collectively, what's important to us and what isn't, where we will take risks and where we won't, etc.
You are correct. There is a chance I didnt kill them all....some could have crawled off. I didnt think about that as a possibility. That was an assumption on my part.

What isnt an assumption is that I dont have mites in my garden. I know you cant see my garden thru my electrons....lol.....thank GOD.....so either I cant spot mites or I am lying......or I dont have mites. You be the judge.

But whats a boy to do? What if nuclear assault is the only way to rid MY garden of them. (I went organic down to a room full of fucking ladybugs...it looked like a goddamn Disney movie or some shit in there....lol..).

FWIW....I have 2 scaly lizards that I keep in there. Hank and Possum. They survived the fog. (twice....veg prevetative)

I agree about the environment....all the way to the point of it costing me my garden. Is that ecologically shitty?....I dunno....I do my best to do my part. On all fronts. But when I see airplanes dumping boatloads of pesticides in a field.....next to the fucking HIGHWAY....I could smell the shit,,,,I ask myself, Self....how much harm are you really doing? Is the miniscule amount of pesticide I use responsibly (i think) really damaging the world ecology?

Good post Sea....btw
Yep, I don't know, either. I'm glad you picked up what I'm putting down. And, I wanted you to know that I see what you're saying (see above post to Luda).

What kind of lizards are they? We currently have so many reddish alligator lizards that the cat's catching them by the dozen, daily. And then they come right back up to where we and the cat are, to be caught all over again. WTF, lizard?

I like lizards. And spiders. And snakes. And creepy crawly things, and birds and shit. Not birdshit. Well, ok, maybe some birdshit, but it depends on the birdshit.
Seamaiden: You speak Spanish, right? Do you know that saying about holding your thumb up to block out the sun or however it goes? At least Americans are pretty inundated with tv, books, even politics riddled with info about the environment. I can't imagine anything we'd say would help if all that hasn't. I like the idea though. Have you gotten a chance to read any Kingsolver? You inspired me to re-read mine. I think you'll like Prodigal Summer best. Your other post about apex predators reminded me about it. It so covers everything we've been discussing her in great fiction. Maybe I should start a thread about the importance of bees though. He he.
I haven't gotten any Kingsolver books, would have been nice during my dubious recuperation. Yes, I know that saying but can't remember how to say it, the translation is along the lines of "You can hold up your thumb up and block the sun, but the sun is still there."

I just read that bees DO eat pollen, and I thought they didn't! So, correction to me comes via Luda and you and California Country magazine (you get it if you're a member of the Farm Bureau). I learn something new each day.
Jesus....this shit is ILLEGAL for most of us to purchase!.....does that flash ANYBODY's safety radar?
Does mine.

Crap, I didn't want this to be another one of my page-long posts, and I think I've done it again. The only reason I do do it is so I don't get the post count up there so much. Sheesh.

L

LUDACRIS.

I don't know! But when I consider that one question--WHY do "we" (human beings) care about "the environment" almost everything I land on originally stems from what can only be called "selfishness." In other words, WE want to survive, but we'll be the least likely organisms. WE care about the environment because we don't want to see it change, which, again, is selfish. It's always changing. That is one hell of a digression, isn't it? I apologize, this is my brain in action (yes, I really AM that distracted and distractable, also able to be that hyper-focused).
Please don't read what I wrote as calling you or any one person out. I guess my point was mostly that I was picking up what Buddy was saying about how we pick and choose, all of us collectively, what's important to us and what isn't, where we will take risks and where we won't, etc.

I understand but we are all to blame for the environment and we cant change what will happen with mother nature and what will happen in the future as its not possible to repair the damage we have and are causing simply by doing everyday tasks. Yes we can all do our little bit to help but the fact of the matter is that the environment of earth WILL be ever changing no matter what we do. We are all sefish in some way just like driving a car or chopping down forrest trees or depleting the fish stocks by overfishing or just simply smoking and i never seen you calling me out so i fully respect you and would not ever debate your findings or knowledge. So i am cool and never really let things bother me to much.
Thanks.
CHRIS.
:)

Yep, I don't know, either. I'm glad you picked up what I'm putting down. And, I wanted you to know that I see what you're saying (see above post to Luda).

What kind of lizards are they? We currently have so many reddish alligator lizards that the cat's catching them by the dozen, daily. And then they come right back up to where we and the cat are, to be caught all over again. WTF, lizard?

I like lizards. And spiders. And snakes. And creepy crawly things, and birds and shit. Not birdshit. Well, ok, maybe some birdshit, but it depends on the birdshit.

I haven't gotten any Kingsolver books, would have been nice during my dubious recuperation. Yes, I know that saying but can't remember how to say it, the translation is along the lines of "You can hold up your thumb up and block the sun, but the sun is still there."

I just read that bees DO eat pollen, and I thought they didn't! So, correction to me comes via Luda and you and California Country magazine (you get it if you're a member of the Farm Bureau). I learn something new each day.

Does mine.

Crap, I didn't want this to be another one of my page-long posts, and I think I've done it again. The only reason I do do it is so I don't get the post count up there so much. Sheesh.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Heh, had to make me look for it, eh? I'd hit you privately with the rep again, but apparently I have some shit to spread around.

Everyone here is making great points, and Buddy's are some of the most pointed in that they're the more difficult ones to address in full.

L

LUDACRIS.

Heh, had to make me look for it, eh? I'd hit you privately with the rep again, but apparently I have some shit to spread around.

Everyone here is making great points, and Buddy's are some of the most pointed in that they're the more difficult ones to address in full.

Thats funny i just tried to rep you up again and i wont let me yet.
I will get you though.

Thanks.
CHRIS.
:)

A

amstercal

refering back to your cancer comment, seeing as i live in the uk near to scotland, are you wishing cancer on me too??

i agree with the pesticides issue i love bees and i care about the enviroment but here in the uk weed is grown indoors, the pesticide dose not leave the grow room and if it does, its in very miniscule amounts,
so unfortuanately your being quite ignorant to the actual facts, the facts being that these really have no chance to enter the ecosystem from indoors.

the same as with global warming etc, the only things which will make a difference will be the government banning petrol/gas. big changes... but anyway,
if you grow outside... be responsible for the enviroment
if indoors make sure you keep it indoors.

if you are gonna start waving around the antipesticide plackard, take it to the big boys doing the damage, not the cannibis community who are most likely the least damaging to the enviroment.

and fuck look at GM crops in the usa fuck i wouldnt even know where to start with that enviromental mess. like you said these things start with the individual so im assuming that you were campaigning against that too??

lets get back on subject, killing mites, we dont need a lecture on pesticides, thanks anyway for that. as poor ludicris was just trying to help the op, every post here in the thread should be doing the same thing..

good lord. I never wished cancer on anyone and even clarified my statement to be sure no one would think that. If people want to purposely misunderstand me, I don't know what else I can do. My entire point was that even if you don't care about the ozone layer, that doesn't mean it won't affect you.

I know lots of people who put pesticides in water for their indoor grow then dump the excess outside.

Someone else actually started the comments on this thread about thinking about the impact of pesticides. I was just agreeing and responding when I was told fuck the bees, fuck the ecosystem etc. And I personally never waved any anti-pesticide banner. I've recommended them to people here on the farm. I just thought if we were going to get a PR campaign for floramite, it would be ok to agree with other people on the thread that we should think about the effects too. I was honestly just trying to balance the discussion.

And I agree that pot farmers probably have less impact pesticide wise than other farmers.

B

budseyeveiw

good lord. I never wished cancer on anyone and even clarified my statement to be sure no one would think that. If people want to purposely misunderstand me, I don't know what else I can do. My entire point was that even if you don't care about the ozone layer, that doesn't mean it won't affect you.

I know lots of people who put pesticides in water for their indoor grow then dump the excess outside.

Someone else actually started the comments on this thread about thinking about the impact of pesticides. I was just agreeing and responding when I was told fuck the bees, fuck the ecosystem etc. And I personally never waved any anti-pesticide banner. I've recommended them to people here on the farm. I just thought if we were going to get a PR campaign for floramite, it would be ok to agree with other people on the thread that we should think about the effects too. I was honestly just trying to balance the discussion.

And I agree that pot farmers probably have less impact pesticide wise than other farmers.

fair enough man. some of these discussion are all politics issues mainly. and this is one place where i personally dont wanna argue about politics or religion the two most argument causing subjects of all time lol

B

Buddy Hemphill

What kind of lizards are they? We currently have so many reddish alligator lizards that the cat's catching them by the dozen, daily. .

I dunno!.....Prolly those! They LOOK like they would be called reddish alligators.....

I have a stool on wheels that I scoot around on....like a Doctor (of sorts). Except I like to scoot around naked. :) It is the number one killer of my lizards. My tables are on casters....they got one of the Lizard Assasins also. But NPS, Sulpher, Organicide and Neem havent killed them. I always feel like shit when I squash one though.

FWIW: All the girls love for me to sing George Jones and Hank Williams in the buff (they dont like pop country). I think the lizards....ehhh....not so much....but they listen without complaining. (they know it does wonders for my attitude)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh. Yeah. No. Sorry, I just don't care for country OR western. Nah-neer nah-neer neer!
Huh?.....lol......thats TWO posts of yours in this thread I cant understand......lol...

I'm curious....whatcha talkin about?
IPM = Integrated Pest Management.
I dunno!.....Prolly those! They LOOK like they would be called reddish alligators.....

I have a stool on wheels that I scoot around on....like a Doctor (of sorts). Except I like to scoot around naked. :) It is the number one killer of my lizards. My tables are on casters....they got one of the Lizard Assasins also. But NPS, Sulpher, Organicide and Neem havent killed them. I always feel like shit when I squash one though.

FWIW: All the girls love for me to sing George Jones and Hank Williams in the buff (they dont like pop country). I think the lizards....ehhh....not so much....but they listen without complaining. (they know it does wonders for my attitude)
And I thought I was bad for working out, vacuuming and doing other housework naked.

Poor lizards, I hope they're at least squished quickly. I'm remembering now when I lived in San Diego and I saved a bunch of green iguanas from certain death in the cage under the stairs at Petco HQ. One of them, a beautiful young male, would lie right across the doorway of my sliding door that went out to the small patio. One day, I forgot he was there. It didn't kill him quickly, I had to break out the cleaver. I felt SO bad. Anoles are much easier to kill (and probably the best choice for indoor pest control).

There's something about reptiles, they seem to be so incredibly hardy, can handle so much abuse, chemicals, all that crap, and just keep chugging along.

A

amstercal

Buddy: Thank you for the good morning laugh. The image of you naked on your dr chair will probably flash through my head now every time I read one of your posts.

Since we've completely threadjacked the poor op, here's some music for you Buddy. It's my newest obsession. This guy is so freaking talented. All with his mouth! I can't listen to country either. Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCLQaTFXx0

H

hairygrower old

reading the whole thing

hey all i was reading this entire post on gnats and it went to mites is there a cost effective way to get rid of gnats or do i have to deal with them at this point pest strips didnt work azamax didnt work benificial nematods didnt work dont want to use raid and that is what was suggested to me WOW the person that told me that owns a hydro store crazy wonder what he is smoking lol ok so i have tried almost everything except tear down and start over and due to cost that aint gona happen anytime soon any help would or direct me to the right link i would like to use preditors not chemicals

sorry for being a newbie but i was afriad of all this new tecknowledge and big brother lol and thaks for the help

hairy grower old

HeartlandHank

HeartlandHank

hey all i was reading this entire post on gnats and it went to mites is there a cost effective way to get rid of gnats or do i have to deal with them at this point pest strips didnt work azamax didnt work benificial nematods didnt work dont want to use raid and that is what was suggested to me WOW the person that told me that owns a hydro store crazy wonder what he is smoking lol ok so i have tried almost everything except tear down and start over and due to cost that aint gona happen anytime soon any help would or direct me to the right link i would like to use preditors not chemicals

sorry for being a newbie but i was afriad of all this new tecknowledge and big brother lol and thaks for the help

hairy grower old

Gnatrol WDG Biological Larvicide has worked. Yellow sticky traps as well. If you buy a tub of "tangle foot" and a ream of yellow construction paper, it is much cheaper than the premade traps, in the long run.

A cheap way to get the Gnat larva population knocked down is to slice potatoes. Throw them in the pot, sitting on top of the soil, let sit for a day. Slice the potato thick enough that it does not dry out. The larva will get on the potato and eat. Pick the potato slices out, and throw away.

Gnats are a two part fight. You have to rid the larva, and the gnats themselves. Gnatrol, potato slice and yellow traps (with attention to details) will make for a quick eradication. Fungus gnats are a fairly easy one to beat.

Make sure you only have gnats, and not root aphids as well. The flier root aphids and gnats look very similar.

For the future, to prevent gnats, adjust watering schedule, or get rid of standing water. Most likely it is over watering.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Gnatrol is BTi.

Microbelift has a much higher count of BTi and it costs a helluva lot less.

You can find it at Ace Hardware.

Like......1 drop per 5 gallons. I have a eyedropper size bottle that has lasted 2 grows and is still half full.

BTi is the BT strain you want , not the others.

Top Bottom