Floramite, Avid, and Forbid outlawed!!!!!!

• Thread starter diesel707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

Buddy: My bad, I totally typed that up wrong. I was trying to say: Even the manufacturer says you shouldn't be exposed to them for long (4 hours like you say) and imagine how that's compounded by a sealed room, where the concentrations would be higher since you're not getting any fresh air. Sorry, I skipped the actual train of my thought. And the strip was in there two days and the colonized the whole pot next to it and were starting to build webs. I am not saying they didn't kill them in your are, just that they're useless in SoCal.

Here is the trick that worked for me. In a 20x20 sealed room.

Put a dozen in your room and leave the house for eight hours a day for a week. Put them in a turkey bag when you get home and seal it until the next day.

Mites eggs will all have hatched within 5-7 days.

Todays fuming will kill everything that moves.

Tomorrows will kill all the eggs that hatched since today.

And so on.....you kill everything thats alive and the eggs, when hatched...they meet the fog THAT day....they dont have time to breed. If they have a 7 day life cycle..and they do....then after 7 days of this barrage....they are all dead.....eggs....babies....adults.

Vent the HOUSE when you get home.....do it well. An attic fan is best. But if you have a sealed room....most know how to vent it. Just do it well. Like Uncle Larry shitted and fucked up the whole house....lol....

Its early....I dont think I am leaving anything out.

I RID myself of these things SAFELY.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Who says using toxic chemicals outside is bad when done properly.

I think this whole line of logic is wrong. You arent killing the planet by properly using small amounts of pesticides PROPERLY. Thats left wing BS.

Do you drive a car?

Take the bus?

Buy groceries at the store?

......the list goes on and on......

we all contribute to the problems of our ecosystem. But saying using pesticides on outdoor MJ will be contributing to the "downfall of our fragile ecosystem" is a bit of a reach...IMHO. Everybody that uses pesticides doesnt do so irresponsibly.
Yeah, ok. I've been reading and reading the responses in this thread and was debating, do I respond to this one, to that one?

The angle from which you're hitting this is totally reminding me of the debate over whether or not one should be riding a motorcycle. And to me it's a matter of calculated risks. I can calculate my risk riding fairly accurately. However, with many of the pesticides we're discussing here, the calculations can not be made so accurately. But I get what you're saying and to a large degree have to agree, those are salient questions and we can't disconnect ourselves from them simply because they don't fit our paradigm.

The one instance of spider mites I experienced were with mites that came from SoCal. Floramite and Forbid don't touch them. A single application of Avid did it, but at the very same time I was learning that high humidity coupled with low temperatures completely disallows their establishment in the first place. Now, I can't recommend doing that with flowering girls, the results are disappointing (of high RH + low temps <68F) to say the least. But for vegging plants it could likely eradicate those that make their way in.

As far as misuse and overuse, I say let's spread the love to include all homeowners who immediately slap Round-Up on those weeds, Scott's on the lawn Miracle Grow on their flowers, and just peruse the pesticide aisle at Lowe's, Home de Pot, ACE, True Value... they're extensive for a reason (interestingly enough, Bayer of all manu's, has come out with their Natria line of "safe" 'cides'). They also can't stand bugs of any sort for the most part and are very likely to also be using high amounts of anti-microbial/antibiotic products. These people tend to be sick frequently and prone to allergies as well, but I'm seriously digressing.

This all, specifically for me, goes back to the ideas and musings of what will happen in the future. With earth, with life, etcetera.

We humans will suffer our own ultimate demise in one of two ways--we will either pollute ourselves off the face of the earth (less and less likely), OR we will create a superbug (becoming more and more likely, already done with glyphosate) that will wipe us or our main foodstuffs off the face of the earth.

Now, who's ready to line up to contribute to that?

I think I can do my small part, and it starts with my bit of the earth. I won't use glyphosate anymore. I won't use pesticides outside at all. I leave most of the weeds and native flora and fauna in situ. It's mellow if it's yellow and now if it's yellow it's going into the garden and on the plants, not into the septic system. I leave my home (driving) at most about 1x/week, and now that we're getting the solar array I may very well sell my scoot and get an electric car. Or, I may go full-blown hippie and retreat into the woods, I don't know yet.

The question to me isn't whether or not it's happening, it's about MY ROLE.

I can't change the world, but I can change me and my little part in it.

Thats what folks are saying is a problem. Using one product adds to resistance....

I still cant see it. If you kill them ALL......then how do you pass along resistance?
Aaahhh! That's where the disconnect is happening, now I see it! That's the caveat, Buddy, you just said it yourself. IF YOU KILL THEM ALL.

And that's the rub with a lot, if not all of these products--kill rate is rarely 100%. If it were (globally, w/all 'cides'), no organism would be able to develop resistance. I don't think we monkeys are quite that clever yet. Some things do have a 100% kill rate. Steam can be a 100% kill rate in certain applications, for instance, which is why it's actually better to use for, say, home cleaning.

You can't assume that everyone kills them all. You may be able to assume such for yourself, but I, and others, don't know if this is an erroneous assumption or not, as we're really only going by the electrons you're throwing out here for us. As far as NPS strips go, the minute you experience mites laughing at them is the moment you'll pick up what others have been puttin' down. I find they kill most fungus gnats fairly effectively (closet grow), but they don't kill them all.

This could... maybe should, simply spawn another thread--Why do we care about the environment?

L

LUDACRIS.

Yeah, ok. I've been reading and reading the responses in this thread and was debating, do I respond to this one, to that one?

The angle from which you're hitting this is totally reminding me of the debate over whether or not one should be riding a motorcycle. And to me it's a matter of calculated risks. I can calculate my risk riding fairly accurately. However, with many of the pesticides we're discussing here, the calculations can not be made so accurately. But I get what you're saying and to a large degree have to agree, those are salient questions and we can't disconnect ourselves from them simply because they don't fit our paradigm.

The one instance of spider mites I experienced were with mites that came from SoCal. Floramite and Forbid don't touch them. A single application of Avid did it, but at the very same time I was learning that high humidity coupled with low temperatures completely disallows their establishment in the first place. Now, I can't recommend doing that with flowering girls, the results are disappointing (of high RH + low temps <68F) to say the least. But for vegging plants it could likely eradicate those that make their way in.

As far as misuse and overuse, I say let's spread the love to include all homeowners who immediately slap Round-Up on those weeds, Scott's on the lawn Miracle Grow on their flowers, and just peruse the pesticide aisle at Lowe's, Home de Pot, ACE, True Value... they're extensive for a reason (interestingly enough, Bayer of all manu's, has come out with their Natria line of "safe" 'cides'). They also can't stand bugs of any sort for the most part and are very likely to also be using high amounts of anti-microbial/antibiotic products. These people tend to be sick frequently and prone to allergies as well, but I'm seriously digressing.

This all, specifically for me, goes back to the ideas and musings of what will happen in the future. With earth, with life, etcetera.

We humans will suffer our own ultimate demise in one of two ways--we will either pollute ourselves off the face of the earth (less and less likely), OR we will create a superbug (becoming more and more likely, already done with glyphosate) that will wipe us or our main foodstuffs off the face of the earth.

I think I can do my small part, and it starts with my bit of the earth. I won't use glyphosate anymore. I won't use pesticides outside at all. I leave most of the weeds and native flora and fauna in situ. It's mellow if it's yellow and now if it's yellow it's going into the garden and on the plants, not into the septic system. I leave my home (driving) at most about 1x/week, and now that we're getting the solar array I may very well sell my scoot and get an electric car. Or, I may go full-blown hippie and retreat into the woods, I don't know yet.

Aaahhh! That's where the disconnect is happening, now I see it! That's the caveat, Buddy, you just said it yourself. IF YOU KILL THEM ALL.

And that's the rub with a lot, if not all of these products--kill rate is rarely 100%. If it were (globally, w/all 'cides'), no organism would be able to develop resistance. I don't think we monkeys are quite that clever yet. Some things do have a 100% kill rate. Steam can be a 100% kill rate in certain applications, for instance, which is why it's actually better to use for, say, home cleaning.

You can't assume that everyone kills them all. You may be able to assume such for yourself, but I, and others, don't know if this is an erroneous assumption or not, as we're really only going by the electrons you're throwing out here for us. As far as NPS strips go, the minute you experience mites laughing at them is the moment you'll pick up what others have been puttin' down. I find they kill most fungus gnats fairly effectively (closet grow), but they don't kill them all.

This could... maybe should, simply spawn another thread--Why do we care about the environment?

SHIT What can i say ??

CHRIS.

B

Buddy Hemphill

You are correct. There is a chance I didnt kill them all....some could have crawled off. I didnt think about that as a possibility. That was an assumption on my part.

What isnt an assumption is that I dont have mites in my garden. I know you cant see my garden thru my electrons....lol.....thank GOD.....so either I cant spot mites or I am lying......or I dont have mites. You be the judge.

But whats a boy to do? What if nuclear assault is the only way to rid MY garden of them. (I went organic down to a room full of fucking ladybugs...it looked like a goddamn Disney movie or some shit in there....lol..).

FWIW....I have 2 scaly lizards that I keep in there. Hank and Possum. They survived the fog. (twice....veg prevetative)

I agree about the environment....all the way to the point of it costing me my garden. Is that ecologically shitty?....I dunno....I do my best to do my part. On all fronts. But when I see airplanes dumping boatloads of pesticides in a field.....next to the fucking HIGHWAY....I could smell the shit,,,,I ask myself, Self....how much harm are you really doing? Is the miniscule amount of pesticide I use responsibly (i think) really damaging the world ecology?

Good post Sea....btw

A

amstercal

Buddy: Why such resistance to using more than one product? The experts who teach IPM teach a rotation. Do you feel they are wrong? Health-wise, we've bred superbugs with irresponsible prescription of antibiotics. Improper use of treatments causes problems in lots of areas of our lives. Do you really think using more than one product is such a problem even if you think everyone here is wrong about resistance?

Ludacris: I really hope you do change your signature. I'd have big respect for that, even if I don't agree with your position. Also, I hope you don't think I was wishing skin cancer on your or anything. My husband's actually part Scottish. His family has serious issues with skin cancer. I only said that in hopes that you'd realize that the ozone layer and ecosystem do affect you, even if you are myopic enough to think they don't.

Seamaiden: You speak Spanish, right? Do you know that saying about holding your thumb up to block out the sun or however it goes? At least Americans are pretty inundated with tv, books, even politics riddled with info about the environment. I can't imagine anything we'd say would help if all that hasn't. I like the idea though. Have you gotten a chance to read any Kingsolver? You inspired me to re-read mine. I think you'll like Prodigal Summer best. Your other post about apex predators reminded me about it. It so covers everything we've been discussing her in great fiction. Maybe I should start a thread about the importance of bees though. He he.

A

amstercal

I agree about the environment....all the way to the point of it costing me my garden. Is that ecologically shitty?....I dunno....I do my best to do my part. On all fronts. But when I see airplanes dumping boatloads of pesticides in a field.....next to the fucking HIGHWAY....I could smell the shit,,,,I ask myself, Self....how much harm are you really doing? Is the miniscule amount of pesticide I use responsibly (i think) really damaging the world ecology?

It all starts getting better with just one person, Buddy. Pot farmers are a decent sized community. What if we could just start with us? Then try to influence others. I certainly don't think a small pot farmer's spraying can even touch food agriculture's spraying, and I'm not saying I know how to go organic indoors. I'm just saying, let's keep the conversation open to working toward that.

L

LUDACRIS.

Buddy: Why such resistance to using more than one product? The experts who teach IPM teach a rotation. Do you feel they are wrong? Health-wise, we've bred superbugs with irresponsible prescription of antibiotics. Improper use of treatments causes problems in lots of areas of our lives. Do you really think using more than one product is such a problem even if you think everyone here is wrong about resistance?

Ludacris: I really hope you do change your signature. I'd have big respect for that, even if I don't agree with your position. Also, I hope you don't think I was wishing skin cancer on your or anything. My husband's actually part Scottish. His family has serious issues with skin cancer. I only said that in hopes that you'd realize that the ozone layer and ecosystem do affect you, even if you are myopic enough to think they don't.

Seamaiden: You speak Spanish, right? Do you know that saying about holding your thumb up to block out the sun or however it goes? At least Americans are pretty inundated with tv, books, even politics riddled with info about the environment. I can't imagine anything we'd say would help if all that hasn't. I like the idea though. Have you gotten a chance to read any Kingsolver? You inspired me to re-read mine. I think you'll like Prodigal Summer best. Your other post about apex predators reminded me about it. It so covers everything we've been discussing her in great fiction. Maybe I should start a thread about the importance of bees though. He he.

I already changed my signature. What do you want there ??? and whats the problem with it. I dont understand what it has to do with you anyway and who are you to tell me what to do with my signature.

M

MIway

What funnies buddy ??.

CHRIS.

hmmmm... just the paranoia jokes, but... speaking of which (;-))... I try to click your icon & it directs me to 'ludacris' with a seemingly different profile... tried to pm you, but that other profile links up...???

L

LUDACRIS.

hmmmm... just the paranoia jokes, but... speaking of which (;-))... I try to click your icon & it directs me to 'ludacris' with a seemingly different profile... tried to pm you, but that other profile links up...???

Yes i need that corrected. Its strange. Maybe he is getting all the rep? or my friends requests.
:worried

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Several things that have worked for me so far:

1. I do not buy clones... lost 300.00 in genetics due to bugs and the disease. I grow from seed now.

2. I let my room sit for about 3 weeks in temps excess of 80+F.

3. Then whiped down with bleach solution.

4. Sprayed bug spray through the room. Stuff you get at HD.

5. When all else fails... I use JUDO... it worked on them little fuckers and their eggs. However got rid of the plants because of disease.

L

LUDACRIS.

Several things that have worked for me so far:

1. I do not buy clones... lost 300.00 in genetics due to bugs and the disease. I grow from seed now.

2. I let my room sit for about 3 weeks in temps excess of 80+F.

3. Then whiped down with bleach solution.

4. Sprayed bug spray through the room. Stuff you get at HD.

5. When all else fails... I use JUDO... it worked on them little fuckers and their eggs. However got rid of the plants because of disease.

I will never let mites beat me again. Once was enough and i was gutted so i went out on full attack and quit growing for a while then came back with that "FCUK MITES" head on and all is now working good for me and my friends grows. If at first you dont make it just keep on trying and you will beat the little fuc*e*s.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Thats a BoBo question.....do I think the "experts" are wrong? Ok.....No.

I am not resistant to using more than one product. I use more than one product. Just not against mites.....unless you count Organicide and Neem...those products are pretty much prevention for ALL pesty boogers....mites included.

Are we talking prevention or erratication?

Which are you guys using these combos for .... It would seem those would be two different "special recipies"....as well. Depending on if you are infested or trying NOT to be!!!

Never said everyone was wrong. Please dont put words in my mouth. I have asked questions...like....

If I kill all the bugs in my room....how do they develop resistance. Sea hit on something there...maybe. If they managed to make it out alive. If not, the question still stands. I will never know if that one or two bugs escaped....to develop NPS resistance. The idea seems silly to me....but anything is possible.

I am trying to learn and share my experiences. If my regime kills ALL mites...with shit from Home Depot.....why a Floramite, Avid, Forbid regime ?

Jesus....this shit is ILLEGAL for most of us to purchase!.....does that flash ANYBODY's safety radar?

B

Buddy Hemphill

It all starts getting better with just one person, Buddy. Pot farmers are a decent sized community. What if we could just start with us? Then try to influence others. I certainly don't think a small pot farmer's spraying can even touch food agriculture's spraying, and I'm not saying I know how to go organic indoors. I'm just saying, let's keep the conversation open to working toward that.

Agreed....but like I said....whats a man to do? Give up? I did what I felt like I HAD to do to make it.

Before I watch a homie go bust over these or RA's...I will spout off what worked for me....even if it isnt the most PC shit to do....because some peoples LIVLIHOOD revolves around their garden. Its like....shitty....and shittier....I know. But whadaya do? I wish I could unleash some BadAss mite killing bugs into my room and walk off. Maybe if we all keep sharing....

M

MIway

Agreed....but like I said....whats a man to do? Give up? I did what I felt like I HAD to do to make it.

Before I watch a homie go bust over these or RA's...I will spout off what worked for me....even if it isnt the most PC shit to do....because some peoples LIVLIHOOD revolves around their garden. Its like....shitty....and shittier....I know. But whadaya do? I wish I could unleash some BadAss mite killing bugs into my room and walk off. Maybe if we all keep sharing....

Its going a bit of topic.

LUDA.

Maybe not... it's a real life question... and I've seen it up close... had to make such a decision myself, or for another person to be specific...

This guy had blown his whole life savings & all the positive cash flow from his other business on a commercial sized grow op in CO. He had 60 lights by the time I got there... gone through 2 growers... the first drove the place into a zero return... unusable product that his channels wouldn't take. The second grower revamped the place & brought in a 1/4 of what the expected yield was to be. The third grower he was on, went through another round of equipment changes & was nose diving the place straight to hell.

This guy had over 300K tied in, better part of a year with no positive cash flow, marriage was breaking apart, the other biz was suffering, family pressure all around... and the place was on a crash coarse. There was the Root Aphid room, the Fungus Gnat room, the PM room & the all three of the above room... I shit you not, that's how we referred to em.

When your whole life is on the line, you can't fuck about. You do what you have to do... and in the above situation, required a complete nuking.

Wasn't an easy decision, but if we went the route of chems are evil... he would've filed bko & be divorced today, which he is not.

L

LUDACRIS.

Now i am getting lost ?.
The tread is about the use of pesticides and then somebody comes on talking about bees and preaching to me about my signature and the eco warriors come in with the "save the planet shit" and then it goes to talking about riding motorbikes and air pollution so its definatelly fucked up somewhere.

CHRIS.

(the first post).

:worried

M

MIway

LOL... don't forget my paranoid delusions... ;-)

It's the web of life, man... (passin the joint)...

L

LUDACRIS.

LOL... don't forget my paranoid delusions... ;-)

It's the web of life, man... (passin the joint)...

Paranoid, who, what, me, you, when where you reading my mail and following me around ??.
Are you in a helicopter watching me ?
Fuck i am hiding under the table.
I know nothing about growing hounestly and have never touched weed officer. Please believe me as i cant go back to jail. Fuck now i see a car in the street so i am laying low with the infrared binoculars but i think the SWAT team are on my roof with masks on.

I dunno lol
Top Bottom