Flushing Coco

• Thread starter BudsAlive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Ok.... So I've come to the end of my grow, Coco medium, autoflowering, been flushing for 2 day's now with just pH'd water. My ppm in is 78 and my run off is between 330/400. So how many day's do I need to do this for. I've got this far so don't wanna mess it up now.
Cheers đź‘Ť

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok.... So I've come to the end of my grow, Coco medium, autoflowering, been flushing for 2 day's now with just pH'd water. My ppm in is 78 and my run off is between 330/400. So how many day's do I need to do this for. I've got this far so don't wanna mess it up now.
Cheers đź‘Ť
just keep feeding water,how many times a day have you been feeding

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I'm only able to do it once a day , just after lights on, and I flush the 8ltr fabric pots with just over 2ltrs of water. It gets to Ro just before 1 Ltr then it gets another Ltr. of flush.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm only able to do it once a day , just after lights on, and I flush the 8ltr fabric pots with just over 2ltrs of water. It gets to Ro just before 1 Ltr then it gets another Ltr. of flush.
how many weeks you still have left,if your ready to harvest ,you could start flushing more without harming you,when plants are ready there ready,the flush is just rinsing out the nutes,when you keep the roots soaked the plant starts choking itself eating all the nutes from the leaves

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok, I'll keep watering until more yellow. Thanking you so much for your help đź‘Ś
what do your tricombs look like,i like to start the flush when i just get the first amber i see ,when i want couch loc smoke,all cloudy when i want day smoke

Terpz719

Terpz719

I recently finished my first coco grow, so my experience level is very low - just saying. There is no hard and fast rule and there are lots of reasons to flush or not. It's totally up to you. I wanted the plant faded to have a lower amount of chlorophyll going into the cure.

In my case, I flushed for two weeks. Not because of a specific rule, but that is just how long it took to get the trichomes where I wanted them. You have to strike a balance between how much of a fade you want and trichome ripeness. I'd say trichome ripeness is more important.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Yes my tricombs are let's say 10%clear 60% milky and 30% amber , think I'll flush for another week then !
What should I do then, keep them in the dark for 3 days, I thought I'd try this method, then cut stems to Bud's and trim them. then hang them to dry?
Does this sound right?

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I recently finished my first coco grow, so my experience level is very low - just saying. There is no hard and fast rule and there are lots of reasons to flush or not. It's totally up to you. I wanted the plant faded to have a lower amount of chlorophyll going into the cure.

In my case, I flushed for two weeks. Not because of a specific rule, but that is just how long it took to get the trichomes where I wanted them. You have to strike a balance between how much of a fade you want and trichome ripeness. I'd say trichome ripeness is more important.
Yes I think that's what I'm going to do . May try the dark method as well.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yes my tricombs are let's say 10%clear 60% milky and 30% amber , think I'll flush for another week then !
What should I do then, keep them in the dark for 3 days, I thought I'd try this method, then cut stems to Bud's and trim them. then hang them to dry?
Does this sound right?
when mine are ready,i cut and hang whole plant do um slow,ive never done the dark thing,never figured it was anything but myth,but some folk say the same about most i do too ahaahah
yep i say depending how you like um 60 / 30 aint bad for a cut either,i hadnt seen pictures of it though

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

when mine are ready,i cut and hang whole plant do um slow,ive never done the dark thing,never figured it was anything but myth,but some folk say the same about most i do too ahaahah
yep i say depending how you like um 60 / 30 aint bad for a cut either,i hadnt seen pictures of it though
It's night time now just gone midnight, but I do have pictures from some day's ago

Terpz719

Terpz719

Does this sound right?
It's all personal preference. You might not want much more than 30% amber, just something to think about.
I don't think the dark period will get you anything, but I haven't done an A/B comparison...

There is a ton of info here and elsewhere on the web concerning drying and curing, again much comes down to personal preference. I don't like wet trimming, it can be a real mess, though that was at work where I had to wet trim. You might want to strip the fan leaves and any others that don't have trichomes before you hang them to dry. You need some air circulation to prevent mold while they're drying, which is why I remove those. I kept the temps in the 63 - 68 degree range with as close to 50% humidity as I could. They were ready in eight days to trim and jar. I like it where I can mostly finger trim - the sugar leaves easily break off. I don't go by the stems snapping.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

It's all personal preference. You might not want much more than 30% amber, just something to think about.
I don't think the dark period will get you anything, but I haven't done an A/B comparison...

There is a ton of info here and elsewhere on the web concerning drying and curing, again much comes down to personal preference. I don't like wet trimming, it can be a real mess, though that was at work where I had to wet trim. You might want to strip the fan leaves and any others that don't have trichomes before you hang them to dry. You need some air circulation to prevent mold while they're drying, which is why I remove those. I kept the temps in the 63 - 68 degree range with as close to 50% humidity as I could. They were ready in eight days to trim and jar. I like it where I can mostly finger trim - the sugar leaves easily break off. I don't go by the stems snapping.
That's some great info cheers, I did wonder about the dark thing, so as it's my first grow I may not try it. Get a few grows right first. đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Top Bottom