flushing debate.

• Thread starter DixinCider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DixinCider

explain you're flushing technique.
ph'ed ro water vs non ph ro water

if you ph you're water the plants are still in range and eat up all the remaining nutes, but as you're ph'ing you're putting acids back into the medium.
personally i ph water week one. non ph'ed water week two. lets hear some thoughts ppl! do you like flushing with crabs? sugars? lets hear it! :harvest:

5tickynubz

I've never really ph'd for flushing. I feel it just doesn't really matter since like you said we're not really concerned about nutrient uptake at that point. I'm just about through my first run with h&g coco a & b and they recommend flushing with plain water @ 5.5. So there's probably different schools of thought on this. I usually do plain water and molasses the first week and plain water the next week.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
happy belated fool........

DixonCider said:
lol no one flushes? geez

I flush with crabs.... lol. I prefer genital crabs for my flushes!! :)

don't forget to make sure to drink coco cola and pineapple juice for for carbs then urinate on my plants. I alternate that with gatorade
http://i246.invalid.com/albums/gg85/thesource86/gatorade.jpg

If I got the scrilla I run brawndo
http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkTREiKSCUcO78sMrhnA1OSV6M_BJkfw8snj0j1SxMoEeE5VFa

It's got what plants crave. Kinda pricey but like I said. IGWPC!

I am not getting rip'd by the dro store no mo. some farmers use fecal feeds ....

Some peep on here also like some fulgaflor, and good point why even do a flush? Might as well over feed till harvest... Make the buds last longer when they burn black, plus I really love that yummy snap crackle and pop......
char_scp.gif

fOliar sprays are the ticket before harvest. If you do it just right (early enough) it looks like your buds are coated in trichs!!

Seriously though gotta love that username...
A fictitious brand of Apple Cider, which is REALLY slang for a chick who LOVES to have dicks (plural) inside her.
Sally LOVES Dixon Cider!

Now that is an advanced topic.. hahaha.

D

DixinCider

I flush with crabs.... lol. I prefer genital crabs for my flushes!! :)

don't forget to make sure to drink coco cola and pineapple juice for for carbs then urinate on my plants. I alternate that with gatorade
http://i246.invalid.com/albums/gg85/thesource86/gatorade.jpg

If I got the scrilla I run brawndo
http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkTREiKSCUcO78sMrhnA1OSV6M_BJkfw8snj0j1SxMoEeE5VFa

It's got what plants crave. Kinda pricey but like I said. IGWPC!

I am not getting rip'd by the dro store no mo. some farmers use fecal feeds ....

Some peep on here also like some fulgaflor, and good point why even do a flush? Might as well over feed till harvest... Make the buds last longer when they burn black, plus I really love that yummy snap crackle and pop......
char_scp.gif

fOliar sprays are the ticket before harvest. If you do it just right (early enough) it looks like your buds are coated in trichs!!

Seriously though gotta love that username...

Now that is an advanced topic.. hahaha.

hahahah that what im talking about! always down to hear now things!. i never really tried phed the whole time. i think i will try it and see if i can taste the "acids" :character0029:

Illmind

Illmind

i flush with the best water i can find under 50 ppm prefered. i don't ph as i like to use just water i try to keep it as natural as possible even lowering temps towards end and lifting lights up 6-8 inches. soil i water 15% runoff each watering. organicly grown 3 week flush with gravity or top shooter used at last feed, chems i flush 2 weeks or around 16 dayz they seem to be easier to leech from medium, hydro 7 to 10 days flush. i never pull green plants i have and they're still good but i make sure they are nicely leeched and faded into fall colors and i crop when medium is dry usually with 24-48hr dark period. a nicely faded plant ensures a very smooth toke that when cured will really bring out the flavors. good luck bro:harvest:

420Gator

420Gator

i flush with the best water i can find under 50 ppm prefered. i don't ph as i like to use just water i try to keep it as natural as possible even lowering temps towards end and lifting lights up 6-8 inches. soil i water 15% runoff each watering. organicly grown 3 week flush with gravity or top shooter used at last feed, chems i flush 2 weeks or around 16 dayz they seem to be easier to leech from medium, hydro 7 to 10 days flush. i never pull green plants i have and they're still good but i make sure they are nicely leeched and faded into fall colors and i crop when medium is dry usually with 24-48hr dark period. a nicely faded plant ensures a very smooth toke that when cured will really bring out the flavors. good luck bro:harvest:

illmind whats the reasoning behind lowering the temp of the water? ive read it a few times before but never understood

are u also raising the lights just to lower the air temp?

is this all just to mimic the end of the season?

P

paulycali

Yep NO Ph'ing for me! El Natural

Decrease water temperature as well "cold water shocking"

G

gudkarma

after that post in the "lounge" about the growers who argued & shot each other over a debate...

it's not always feasible to flush your plants.

...like if you run mixed ebb trays for example.
...so i never flushed my stuff

and, if you search through the forum, you'll see i railed on somebody in a flush/not flush debate.

being a dick (sure) but not an asshole, i promised grow dude i'd definitely flush a tray & experiment.

all i can say after trying a quick flush (7 days of ph'd tap water) ... it "mo' better" frosted up my ladies ...it gave my smoke a better cure type smell faster ...& i noticed it.

now.

i'm totally sold on flushing my hydro plants for a week.

and, it's interesting to see the ppm of the water rise everyday as salts are cleansed from the medium.

live & learn & adapt methods to what works best in your grow space.

i do.

D

DixinCider

my only reasoning behind phing is.
if you dont let the plant eat all the remaining food (locking out with ro water @ 7 ph) nutes still get leeched into the plants just not at the doses they would like.

T

treehugger

Flushing is another on those "old wife's tales" that sounds good, but in practice generally accomplishes little.

If you're running hydro, soaking your roots in water will not "flush" any appreciable amount of the stockpiled nutes from your buds. At that stage of flowering the plant is not processing nutes rapidly anymore, so the plant is also not going to consume any large overload, either.

In soil you can flush excess nutes from the soil, but just like hydro this really doesn't effect the bud, but it does drown and stall your plant at the worst possible time!

The only real "flush" you can do, is to know your plant well enough to feed it what it needs, when it needs it. When you have this knowledge, the plant gracefully coasts into senescence, full of ripe flavor and scent, and burns smoothly and continuously when cured.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Flush 10 day in coco 5 with budcandy hygrozyme and carboload ph 5.8 and 5 day with plain Ro water coco is easier to flush then soil as it is a hydroponic medium I love coco you get the hydro performance and yield and the suability of soil coco kicks ass awesome for noobs damn near impossible to over water lots of perks when using coco especially since you can really provide a nice environment for your bennies unlike every other hydro medium Just my 2 bits stay frosty peace

M

Mmmmasonite

I like flushing with florakleen for a day and then straight ph'd water for 1 week..But then again i use drip clean from H&G which allows for less flush in the end......Got some of the tastiest nugs in the dispensary...at least that's what the patients tell me....Maybe they're just tryin to get some freebies..lol.......BTW....I am in hydro.....Good luck peeps!

Kcar

Kcar

Flushing is another on those "old wife's tales" that sounds good, but in practice generally accomplishes little.

If you're running hydro, soaking your roots in water will not "flush" any appreciable amount of the stockpiled nutes from your buds. At that stage of flowering the plant is not processing nutes rapidly anymore, so the plant is also not going to consume any large overload, either.

In soil you can flush excess nutes from the soil, but just like hydro this really doesn't effect the bud, but it does drown and stall your plant at the worst possible time!

The only real "flush" you can do, is to know your plant well enough to feed it what it needs, when it needs it. When you have this knowledge, the plant gracefully coasts into senescence, full of ripe flavor and scent, and burns smoothly and continuously when cured.

You are SO wrong! Have you ever smoked hydro that wasn't flushed?
Tastes like shit, Sparks and pops when you light it.

When I flush with RO (10ppm) within a week the PPM rises to around 100ppm
(Those 90ppm is what's flushed out of the medium (Coco) minus what the
plants are consuming) When that 100ppm drops back below 50 (plants consuming) I know it's ready. About 10 days total.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

nute uptake works by osmosis. if the ec is much lower than 1.8 mineral absorption slows, and water intake increases. plants will starve way before they deplete the solution of minerals. phosphorus is a big reason for poor burning and harshness, and is the hardest to flush. why not just keep it at moderate levels throughout flower?

what happened to the days when you'd destroy chlorophyll during the cure?

420Gator

420Gator

Can't believe there's still flushing haters lol I'm not that experienced but I've smoked flushed and non flushed bud and the difference was night and day.

The flushed one was smooth had great taste and burned nicely

Non flushed was very HARSH tasted like shit and burned like a sparkler

Same strain same garden

Top Bottom