flushing debate.

• Thread starter DixinCider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Illmind

Illmind

420gator i use room temp water so it jives with room temp. i know people who use chilled water in hopes that they'll get color in the summer heat like purps and blues. hygrozyme helps break down and absorb old nutes before flush. i always say do what works best for u which varies from room to room and plant to plant. so i encourage to try different things until happy. no flushing is not an option imo. in my situation longer flush danker nugs. i dont ph my medium stays phd and coco does as well. hydro i kno people like to ph tho.

F

fondiz

I'm still kinda new,no expert by any means, but I've flushed all my soil grows. I use phed RO'ed with Clearex or some kind of flushing solution. I try to flush for 2wks min.(atleast 4 feedings). I noticed that the end product burns cleaner and tastes smoother. everything that hasn't been flushed that i have smoked has been really harsh and the bud doesn't burn completely. the ashes are black and usually left with hard black chunk that tastes kashed as hell. I cant say much about flushing in hydro setups, lack experience .

M

Mmmmasonite

theres a thread on here or icmag somewhere where some people were saying they flush with calmag and it makes it smooth, and burns white ash.

Oh lordie, lordie, lordie....nooooooo! Flush with cal mag!! Now that is just plain rediculous!!LOL!!! Fuuuuuuuuck.......can u imagine? WOW! That is a new one!! Dude.......That is the worst idea I have ever heard in my life. Seriously.....takes the cake!!! Florakleen.....then straight ph'd water for a week.....The plants are still swelling and finishing at this time..Florakleen loosens the salts........When they absorb straight water this is what is in their system when u chop....Therefore a clean taste....Have you smelled calmag? Would you drink it to see what it tastes like? I don't think so

H

harley34

Oh lordie, lordie, lordie....nooooooo! Flush with cal mag!! Now that is just plain rediculous!!LOL!!! Fuuuuuuuuck.......can u imagine? WOW! That is a new one!! Dude.......That is the worst idea I have ever heard in my life. Seriously.....takes the cake!!! Florakleen.....then straight ph'd water for a week.....The plants are still swelling and finishing at this time..Florakleen loosens the salts........When they absorb straight water this is what is in their system when u chop....Therefore a clean taste....Have you smelled calmag? Would you drink it to see what it tastes like? I don't think so

LOL that bad eh?

No never used the stuff, bought some today but not smelled it yesterday. What about dripclean during flush? Final phase in coco?

M

Mmmmasonite

LOL that bad eh?

No never used the stuff, bought some today but not smelled it yesterday. What about dripclean during flush? Final phase in coco?
Don't get me wrong.....CalMag is essential...but......flush with it?..Noooooo

It's great to use drip clean all the way through except during the flush week and it can't hurt your pocket at 0.5ml a gal......Keeps the salts from building up so there is no need for the mid run flush and keeps it clean for a nice taste at the end. I think this is one of the most revolutionary products out. No other company has anything like it...I hear final phase is good stuff....but I never used it myself...Florakleen is like $10 a qt. and always got the job done.....Holy shit man!.:confused0054:...go back to that thread and help those poor people out stat!

H

harley34

Don't get me wrong.....CalMag is essential...but......flush with it?..Noooooo

It's great to use drip clean all the way through and it can't hurt your pocket at 0.5ml a gal......Keeps the salts from building up so there is no need for the mid run flush and keeps it clean for a nice taste at the end. I think this is one of the most revolutionary products out. No other company has anything like it...I hear final phase is good stuff....but I never used it myself...Florakleen is like $10 a qt. and always got the job done.....Holy shit man!.:confused0054:...go back to that thread and help those poor people out stat!

iv been looking for the thread for the last few hours, cant find it. Iv been running drip clean right the way through, my e.c levels in flower are 1.8 topped at 2.0 for about 3 days. Anyway measured the run off in my coco and the e.c read 3.6 top of the scale on my blu lab truncheon. Isnt drip clean supposed to stop salts building up? i use it per instructions aswell

M

Mmmmasonite

iv been looking for the thread for the last few hours, cant find it. Iv been running drip clean right the way through, my e.c levels in flower are 1.8 topped at 2.0 for about 3 days. Anyway measured the run off in my coco and the e.c read 3.6 top of the scale on my blu lab truncheon. Isnt drip clean supposed to stop salts building up? i use it per instructions aswell

you running a rez? or hand water?

M

Mmmmasonite

E.C 2 yesterday, started final flush today. 10 day flush, 5 mollasses, 5 ph water

Well ...If you didn't use drip clean there would be more salts coming out for a longer period of time....They might not be flowing out as freely as they are now and there would be more.....

K

Kobe24

I'm stuck on the fence about this.....I have done both...more flushing than not....10-14 days in Sunshine Mix #4....I've also recently fed very low ppms all of flowering...like 700 ppms and feed up until chop time.... everything seemed the same...burned white ash..smooth...tastey....only difference was color and yield....the flush plants had nicer colors but smaller yield....

H

harley34

I'm stuck on the fence about this.....I have done both...more flushing than not....10-14 days in Sunshine Mix #4....I've also recently fed very low ppms all of flowering...like 700 ppms and feed up until chop time.... everything seemed the same...burned white ash..smooth...tastey....only difference was color and yield....the flush plants had nicer colors but smaller yield....

what was roughly the difference in yield between the grow with 700pm with no flush and the one with the flush?

420Gator

420Gator

Hey kobe can we see a pic of anything you've ever grown?

D

DixinCider

im liking all the info guys! keep it coming. if any of the alpha dogs wanna hop in and tell us what they like to do lets hear it!

G

gudkarma

does anybody know if H&G's drip clean is an enzymatic product?

i know quite a few farmers using it successfully.

~gud

Illmind

Illmind

dc there's no special way to flush just hit a nice grow thread up and they tell u what they feeding and when they start flush those who bring out fall colors nicely have done a great job flushing. simple as that really. jackmyhoffer or whatever has very informative threads check there. may have slightly diff methods but they all do the same thing.

Top Bottom