Flushing is a bad practice based on flawed science.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DO IT

DO IT

I'm sure you would consider my commercial LAD head stash quality. Both pic's are same roo.

IMG 20140913 111236
IMG 20140902 WA001
DO IT

DO IT

That was last week and I am chopping that room tomorrow. This is a shot yesterday ppm is 1300 feeds 15min once every day CO2 is 1000ppm ph is 5.8 room is 70* day 55* night hum is 55% day 75% night

IMG 20140913 111540
DO IT

DO IT

The lower parts always stay greener the tops closer to the light change color first due to the warmer temp(faster rate of photosynthesis)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

That was last week and I am chopping that room tomorrow. This is a shot yesterday ppm is 1300 feeds 15min once every day CO2 is 1000ppm ph is 5.8 room is 70* day 55* night hum is 55% day 75% night
Im liking this pic a lil better. How long of a drying or and cure for cutting down something so green?

DO IT

DO IT

Same as the other pic just with a different light. You can see the hairs all red and ready for harvest.

IMG 20140913 111217
shoestring

shoestring

Yes. Leaching (as it is correctly called in the straight horticulture and gardening world ) because of a ph imbalance, to remove accumulated salt build up in the root zone, or to correct an over fertilized soil is quite different than what we indoor marijuana growers call flushing. Not many mj growers heard of or employed the so called ''technique'' of flushing before the internet and more specifically overgrow.com. Funny that really good marijuana that tasted and smelled great was being grown with hydroponics and in spare rooms and basements all over the globe WAY before this. If one could read up on the actual science behind plant nutrition and how and why plants take up minerals through the leaves and roots they would find that ''flushing'' the way its done in the majority of grow rooms accomplishes very little and quite often is detrimental to plant health in all but the very last days before harvest.

DO IT

DO IT

Asap... I run de humidifiers in my drying room so 5 days after I start to harvest it all gets bagged. It takes 4 days to process it all with 4 guys pulling and running the twister.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Asap... I run de humidifiers in my drying room so 5 days after I start to harvest it all gets bagged. It takes 4 days to process it all with 4 guys pulling and running the twister.
Wow and how do you prevent that premy smell and taste sometimes called chlorophyll or hay like ? And im not being a smartass im asking seriously because anything I dry that fast taste more like afalfa ish

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yes. Leaching (as it is correctly called in the straight horticulture and gardening world ) because of a ph imbalance, to remove accumulated salt build up in the root zone, or to correct an over fertilized soil is quite different than what we indoor marijuana growers call flushing. Not many mj growers heard of or employed the so called ''technique'' of flushing before the internet and more specifically overgrow.com. Funny that really good marijuana that tasted and smelled great was being grown with hydroponics and in spare rooms and basements all over the globe WAY before this. If one could read up on the actual science behind plant nutrition and how and why plants take up minerals through the leaves and roots they would find that ''flushing'' the way its done in the majority of grow rooms accomplishes very little and quite often is detrimental to plant health in all but the very last days before harvest.
If we are talking watering with plain water and a reg amount how many days or waterings is that ok without being detremental to plants health and or yield lets say 3-4 waterings for outdoor container soil? I have pic up above somewhere is that looking bad like too much fade?

DO IT

DO IT

I keep the room cold and this pheno has a real lemon kush smell to it. It's bagged and sits for a week or 2 so that's where it gets its cure. When you cut the vac bag and open the zip the shit just reaks

shoestring

shoestring

I knew that question was coming and it is one i cannot answer. Its a variable just like everything else. Variety grown and environment being the biggest factors.

DO IT

DO IT

Ok, so your plant has a pre determined bloom phase +/- 7 days let's say. Towards the end of that 60 day phase the plant naturally takes from the leaf and goes into over drive producing oils. This is something we can not control as it is genetically programmed as you see in those pictures I posted. One week the are green or purple and healthy the next they are yellowing and dropping leaves.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Here is a shot 6 days before pulling em down . this time i am starting the week out at 900 ppm then topping off so each day the ppms drop. i pulled some solution mid week and added water so the last three days I'm at 200 ppm. I'm going for a little slower cure. I'm interested in the difference from the last round. il keep posting when its ready.
Photo

DO IT

DO IT

This is a great technique which I call pyramid feeding. I run a recirc system and this is what I do on my last week. I just don't go so low on the ppm. After I topped off today I dropped to 1000ppm from 1300. The trees look great BTW and ready to go.

Top Bottom