Flushing! Let's Chit Chat

• Thread starter brazel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Not to argue but I don't think it's safe to say a plant cannot be pushed to peak health and genetic expressions...this is the plant in natural form growing as it does in the wild the best we can in an indoor enviro. I can't deny you're all killing it with ur own methods but you can't single out no till as nonsense...sorry...i can't accept that logic. I don't see how to make these plant any happier...its impossible...matter of fact if undid a thing they would take a turn in the wrong direction.

Phototropism to perfection so now what? Why would i feel the need to change?

Wet these beans November 12

20180111 131610
Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yah I tried it and it flamed up and burned like shit and I'm going to hell but didn't catch a buzz...i got fucked on that soul trade

Fuck it I might have to become catholic...may have a chance with enough hail marys.
Gonna go catholic huh? Well i dont know if god will touch you but the priest will.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

@MIMedGrower, sorry to hear about the misses loss of her father.

On another note, I have a dark purple strain that I experimented with a couple of years ago. Personal pollen chuck but it always seemed to burn black ash, so for a experiment I decided to go for a month long leaching to see if it would help.
DSCN0702

Didn't really make a difference in the ash color till about 6 months into a cure then I was finally able to get a white ash. Anybody else experience this with strains with high anthocyanins
DSCN0696

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

On another note, I have a dark purple strain that I experimented with a couple of years ago. Personal pollen chuck but it always seemed to burn black ash, so for a experiment I decided to go for a month long leaching to see if it would help.
View attachment 770362
Didn't really make a difference in the ash color till about 6 months into a cure then I was finally able to get a white ash. Anybody else experience this with strains with high anthocyanins
View attachment 770366
I have my pet 95 does the same thing. Try to smoke a joint but it wants to keep going out. Second round with a month cure already the joints are just starting to finish.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

View attachment 770362
View attachment 770366
Been growing purples the last almost two years and have not noticed that. I have tested flushing extensively and have found that feeding high amounts of phosphorous before cutting will cause your ash to stay black and not burn well. By no means a flushing expert so might not be relevant to you but feeding other excess nutrients did not cause darker ash. Excess ca, mg, s, and k were not really even noticeable. I found n made it taste like grass and made me cough and phos made it black and bad burning. The rest weren't really noticeable. I have not yet found my purple plants to burn any differently than my green plants. I Also regularly check how my product burns. Lmk what you come up with if you want, I'm interested.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
All about the fade. I have smoked no till bud from several decent growers and i follow mountain organics on IG... How do you guys get rid of the extra nitrogen in your buds? Do no till growers try to for a fade? Every time I have even seen no till finished out, it is green as can be, smells and tastes horrid, also your wrong @brazel, Every time I have burned down some no till it burns black. When I ask the growers they get all mad and say things like, "it's organic, and if it burns a little black or just because its no till." Yes this was an actual response. Don't get me wrong, LOS all the way. But the difference is, I stop feeding and start leeching 2 weeks before chop.
Here's your chit chat.
I had the same experience sampling no till, and super soil nugs. I might try suggesting what you said to them, start leeching two weeks before chop. Two of them gave up on the super soil style already.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

This was a coir DTW plant, nothing but plain water for the last 4 weeks so where did the black ash come from? Not from any nutrients.
Yah i mean, people flush purples well and you're a competent grower. I don't know the answer so just said some related things i know. I'm curious as to what could have caused it. Does that plant always burn poorly? Could it just be its resin composition? Gonna look more into ash composition and the burning properties of anthocyanins and terpenes. I'm also thinking humidity might be the culprit.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Yah i mean, people flush purples well and you're a competent grower. I don't know the answer so just said some related things i know. I'm curious as to what could have caused it. Does that plant always burn poorly? Could it just be its resin composition? Gonna look more into ash composition and the burning properties of anthocyanins and terpenes.
Thanks, that's part of my thinking on the carbon molecule being some of the problems, since a anthocyanin molecule has a glucose side I've wondered if it's from the carbon molecules being locked in the anthocyanin molecule. Another thought is from burning leaves I've rake up in the fall. My Japanese Maples always seem to have a darker ash than my Oaks and regular Maples.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks, that's part of my thinking on the carbon molecule being some of the problems, since a anthocyanin molecule has a glucose side I've wondered if it's from the carbon molecules being locked in the anthocyanin molecule. Another thought is from burning leaves I've rake up in the fall. My Japanese Maples always seem to have a darker ash than my Oaks and regular Maples.
When you flushed this for 4 weeks... what was the ph and temp of flush water...was it ro?. you can lock roots but ph fluctuations will change anthocyanin expression. I think the plant had something in it that was not used.

Organikz

Organikz

Sounds logical. Could be a bad cure we're not enough CO2 was released from the bud properly.... movie drying too fast? I think you're seriously on the something dude

Organikz

Organikz

I've played with my curing Tech a little bit. What I do is I cure it normally in Turkey bags till it hits about 60 461 where I know that it will not mold period for about a week but I do still keep an eye on it. After that I'll just open the door up and leave it open for 24 hours it almost seems like a decarboxylated. My taste came out phenomenal and the stuff will blow your mind

I give up wait until I get home

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not to argue but I don't think it's safe to say a plant cannot be pushed to peak health and genetic expressions...this is the plant in natural form growing as it does in the wild the best we can in an indoor enviro. I can't deny you're all killing it with ur own methods but you can't single out no till as nonsense...sorry...i can't accept that logic. I don't see how to make these plant any happier...its impossible...matter of fact if undid a thing they would take a turn in the wrong direction.

Phototropism to perfection so now what? Why would i feel the need to change?

Wet these beans November 12

Who is saying the method is nonsense? Those plants look beautiful. I just think you are passionate about your garden and method.

It’s the pretending that you are religiously copying nature in your electric lit and ventilated room and getting better results just because you grow in dirt with live shit in it that annoys others into arguing.

I sure don’t care how others grow plants. I just feel it is important to bust myths.

Science is proving a hybrid Grow is best for crops of all kinds.

The way to the highest terpene, flavonoid and in our case canabanoid content is to ensure the plant has all the nutrients needed in a comfortable ratio and they have discovered (years ago) that organic inputs can increase the results.

But organics alone are unreliable for a production crop. If it worked better then everyone would do it.

Farmers use seaweed and humic acid mixes to help their produce taste better. You can buy it at the feed store.

And many growers of all kinds innoculate their soil with fungus or bacteria. Also way before hydro stores carried expensive versions of them. Hell pro mix has little nutrients included but most products contain myco. They sell mediums for professional production in volume. They must know something about growing plants.

And I make sure all of these elements are present and not overdone for best results.

Last month I showed that without inoculation my pots full of bagged potting soil had grown a healthy network of visible myco fungus. It happened while only using well water in veg. The stuff happens naturally if conditions are right.

My plants and weed looked great from the beginning. I am good at following directions.

But the potency and yield has improved quite noticeably since I better learned how to fertilize.

And the flavors, smell and complexity too.

You are on an agenda to force your beliefs on others. Maybe stop fighting about it and just share your beautiful garden with us?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 770362
View attachment 770366

Thank you for the sentiment buddy. :-)

And I don’t know about purple but the more resinous the flowers are the longer it takes for my weed not to burn black and leave resin in the pipes. And they keep getting more resinous. I tried to smoke a joint of 2 month old headstash recently. It was delicious on the first hit then the amber Oil put out the flame. We couldn’t even get it re lighted to smoke proper.

Organikz

Organikz

Well you've busted this myth wide open... you know nature better than she knows herself. Congratulations sir. Is that what you're telling me? That's what it sounds like you're telling me

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well you've busted this myth wide open... you know nature better than she knows herself. Congratulations sir. Is that what you're telling me? That's what it sounds like you're telling me

Shame you couldn’t read my comment in context. Or even with an open mind. I really hoped you would get it.

But you are the knowledge god of nature I guess. I just read, learn and grow.

If you want to duel egos. My flower is being published in the big book of buds for a ch9 strain. And I have pics in a seed catalog. All I did was send pretty pics to a breeder. They made it all the way to Ed Rosenthals publisher.

Honestly I put as much effort into my other hobbies. Guitar and mountain biking.

And the forums for those hobbies also are full of arguments. The enthusiasts even argue with liscensed bike mechanics and pro riders. But they are limited in their knowledge usually.

Did you know that they make new bike tire sizes?

Organikz

Organikz

Yes all that after the comment about me being a poser...that's sweet of you...keep hating. I'll keep doing my thang. Seems to be working. Maybe you should lock your plants in a the closet and bind and gag them...bigger yields I hear.

Top Bottom