Flushing plants has no value?

• Thread starter Oldschool61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldschool61

Oldschool61

New scientific research has come out flushing marijuana plants has no significant value. No change in the molecular cells. No taste different, dune,four or five different ways. It was a pretty good read. But I think it does take some of the nutrients out. These are scientists doing this but I read it. I do it both ways. That's flushing and not flushing marijuana plants for you sick people out there. My blunts burn white ash. So I don't know???? Either way I cough 😎😎😄

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

New scientific research has come out flushing marijuana plants has no significant value. No change in the molecular cells. No taste different, dune,four or five different ways. It was a pretty good read. But I think it does take some of the nutrients out. These are scientists doing this but I read it. I do it both ways. That's flushing and not flushing marijuana plants for you sick people out there. My blunts burn white ash. So I don't know???? Either way I cough 😎😎😄
Published? Would love to give it a read. I seen some flawed studies in the past but would live to put this to bed.

I still feel there are so many variables to this is gonna be a hard one. Mainly are you flushing to remove excess nutrients from the soil for 2 weeks prior to harvest when using salt based ferts.... of course not from the plant. But I kinda think this is going to be one of those yes and no answers.

Oldschool61

Oldschool61

Published? Would love to give it a read. I seen some flawed studies in the past but would live to put this to bed.

I still feel there are so many variables to this is gonna be a hard one. Mainly are you flushing to remove excess nutrients from the soil for 2 weeks prior to harvest when using salt based ferts.... of course not from the plant. But I kinda think this is going to be one of those yes and no answers.
Somebody told me about it I read it. The last month I don't give them nothing. Maybe some food, that's it. Imo, things going to be the preference of the grower.

UkSkunkLegends

UkSkunkLegends

This is not a new idea tbh mate iv been having this argument with my dad for a few years now, there is scientific evidence to back it up as well but for me I always flush and I wouldn't dream of not flushing .I grow in coco and I no it can hold nutrients in the coco easily if slightly over fed and when running seeds and different strains its very hard to give every plant the perfect amount of nutrients. Now my dad on the other hand he grows in hydro dwc and uses a automated feeding system called adwino (not sure how to spell it) basically it is a e.c/ppm and ph meter that is constantly taking readings from his main nutrient brain and it records and adjust the e.c/ppm and ph according to the intake of the plant, there for never overfeeding and u can physically see it on a chart raise the e.c in peak flower and then the e.c drop off towards the end of flower according to the plants needs , so I understand that his plants may not need flushing as he is only giving them exactly what they need . But ... if u are growing in a medium where nutrients can be stored in medium I think it is a must . Also to say flushing doesn't work is like saying if u overfeeding nitrogen and leafs claw and go dark green then lowering the e.c/ppm will not lighten the leaf colour. Obviously its each to there own and u should do what works for u .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kinda where my mind is. A flush isn't so much beneficial in the way as ppl think. Personally I feel it's how you reduce the available nutrients to the plant as its needs slow down while feeding optimal right until its needs change.

But there is lots to this like temperature actually does this same thing in a sense, so does the diminishing light exposure, so does the rain and so on.

So yeah I kinda feel it's beneficial if it's needed. Like anything cannabis I don't feel there is one answer on this and the answer is more like.... it depends.

If I have learned anything it's that there is no one answer to something with so many variables that are intertwined.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Food for thought... makes me feel I'm on the right track with what I do.

Flushing doesn't remove nutrients from the plant but does lowering the available nutrients prevent uptaking excess? Still no evidence. The guelf study was the one I read, it was done in Canada and it has quite a few flaws in it that leave it in my mind still undecided. Although one thing is absolutely for certain it will not reduce nutrients in the buds.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Two schools of thought.
Does starving your plant make better buds?
Or keep it fed so it can produce all the way to the end.
I'm in the second camp until I'm convinced otherwise.

Hydro is the only method you can flush in a timely manner.

weed_weasel

weed_weasel

I grow in Pro-Mix and I never flush, just give them water for the last 2 weeks. Never found it to be too harsh. That's just me though, each to his own.

Benjy420

Benjy420

I grow in Pro-Mix and I never flush, just give them water for the last 2 weeks. Never found it to be too harsh. That's just me though, each to his own.
2 weeks is kinda a conflicting thing to say I'd go % on flower time if you go only water. It's a huge change kinda starving the plant for no reason the last 2 weeks in 8 or 10 w can me huge..

growsince79

growsince79

Two schools of thought.

I blend the two schools. I feed until they quit growing then flush and harvest 3-4 days later.

simonkay

simonkay

Two schools of thought.

They starve wine grapes in spain so the plant increases its flavour and scent just before death, im of the school of thought where if you give it a slow death in the last few days the plant will respond by increasing terps so animals and pollinators will find it

Top Bottom