Flushing plants has no value?

• Thread starter Oldschool61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so im no expert but does flushing with pineapple and apple juice do anything?? ive heard it can take on the fruit taste if done right or curing with cheese cloth and fruit in a jar…. im just curious 👀
So your not wrong but you dont need the juice and i would stay away from juice personally… you can flavour your weed

Y

yobbocrack

i'm in week 4 of flower with 1.5ec going in and 2.0ec runoff and i only see minor leaf tip burn eventhing else looks good i could do a few things to lower the ec runoff but i should off setup the res top feeder for a off lights watering to prevent coco drying too much.

Y

yobbocrack

actually never mind that the second watering is now 1.7ec runoff its just something for me to watch out for as i don't want to see a high ec runoff.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

So your not wrong but you dont need the juice and i would stay away from juice personally… you can flavour your weed
so is it the cheese cloth method then? so you arrive at the spot where your cheese cloth is attached to the jar of your lid and within said cheese cloth you have fruit 🍉 🍎 🍌 i duno my buddy swears up n down he did pineapple chunks and that the flower tasted faintly while you were smoking. Duno if its cap or not but i am aware of the lemon peels and orange zest. So im trying to se if i can duplicate it. never tried tbh cuz im new to growing but would be great to have some sort of guidance or input going foward cuz ima try it lol

Alb

Alb

New scientific research has come out flushing marijuana plants has no significant value. No change in the molecular cells. No taste different, dune,four or five different ways. It was a pretty good read. But I think it does take some of the nutrients out. These are scientists doing this but I read it. I do it both ways. That's flushing and not flushing marijuana plants for you sick people out there. My blunts burn white ash. So I don't know???? Either way I cough 😎😎😄
That statement of scientific evidence unless it is longer than 30 years of empirical data that I have collected being a grower of my mason jars stored of properly flushed, dried, cured medical grade cannabis retains flavor terpene profile and smoothness in a dried flower vaporizer and evident in the jar a year later. Not flushed does not remotely compare.

S

Sameperson775

New scientific research has come out flushing marijuana plants has no significant value. No change in the molecular cells. No taste different, dune,four or five different ways. It was a pretty good read. But I think it does take some of the nutrients out. These are scientists doing this but I read it. I do it both ways. That's flushing and not flushing marijuana plants for you sick people out there. My blunts burn white ash. So I don't know???? Either way I cough 😎😎😄
Nutrients are expensive, if I can not feed for the last week that's a 10% savings on my flower room. Seems significant to me.

Y

yobbocrack

That statement of scientific evidence unless it is longer than 30 years of empirical data that I have collected being a grower of my mason jars stored of properly flushed, dried, cured medical grade cannabis retains flavor terpene profile and smoothness in a dried flower vaporizer and evident in the jar a year later. Not flushed does not remotely compare.
I found smoking plants from a non flushed plant still good it depends on what you enjoy i guess.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so is it the cheese cloth method then? so you arrive at the spot where your cheese cloth is attached to the jar of your lid and within said cheese cloth you have fruit 🍉 🍎 🍌 i duno my buddy swears up n down he did pineapple chunks and that the flower tasted faintly while you were smoking. Duno if its cap or not but i am aware of the lemon peels and orange zest. So im trying to se if i can duplicate it. never tried tbh cuz im new to growing but would be great to have some sort of guidance or input going foward cuz ima try it lol
High end baking flavouring added to the media

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have some that I bet you can’t tell was lightly fed right up to chop? Lol

SSgrower

SSgrower

Just ween them they are still hungry after chop just depends. Soil I never flush. Coco well.
Yes I use Coco/perlite and flush the media, yes while the last few days of flower I flush with H2o to help clean the "pot" as it builds salts which can ruin a grow as my 5th run in the same bag "Locked up" excess H2o held and sickness followed. SS

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

A year or so ago i came across a study where they were giving people flushed and unflushed weed to smoke, result were close to 50% 50% wich weed people prefered with a slight advantage for the unflushed weed.

Flushing weed had been the norm for many years and people were happy with their weed and as other mentionned if i can save one or two week feeding nutrients per growcycle it save on the nutrient bill overtime.

Top Bottom