Flushing plants has no value?

• Thread starter Oldschool61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

If anyone runs into these issues please report it and don’t let yourself get caught up in it.

Its important that the members here communicate in a reasonable manner.

Debating is a VERY important part of learning in this community and sometimes it gets heated.… thats inevitable. Sometimes the tone just needs to be taken down a bit and we have all been guilty of that to an extent…. BUT NOTHING IS LEARNED through personal insults and attacks.

Enough of that shit happens all over the toxic net daily…. But not here and thats just one of many things that sets this site apart.…. this is a community and we want to keep it that way.
I am a easy going old guy I really didn't understand why he was so upset over my personal opinion. Thank you I will report it next time.

E

elusiveshame

We all get heated at one point or another… we are only human… well i hope lol.

I dont blame him for debating his opinion passionately… i blame him for being an asshole when doing so

I’m surprised for a site that caters to potheads and stoners, there’s still as many assholes here as other places.

I’m just happy the staff here actually does something about it. It makes for a way better experience.

NotSure

NotSure

I read an article in High Times a while back about an "experiment" done at the Cannabis Cup in Europe somewhere using the Cup's judges. They performed a blind comparison of several strains grown flushed and unflushed. Only parameters being judged were taste, smoothness and ash. The result was no one could tell the difference accurately. Go figure? old school phrase

C

ChewyCharlie

Shit with this conversation I should just jump in and say I think with zero evidence and a half ass plant environment I can confidently say VPD is a hoax from big mold! Don't fall for it people. PPFD! Are you kidding me! What a joke, big electrical got you fuckers good. I use one night light per 5x5 and I grow the darkest weed you'll never see, FACTS. I flush for 25 weeks and my ash burns clear, fuck cops can't even see or smell my weed it like it's invisible to them. Such a head high. Matter if fact I think the high is all in my head.
Lol Fuck VPD I aint pushin high ass humidity in flower aint worth the risk.
Also i feed the pigs all the way up to slaughter. The fatter the better.

crossfader

crossfader

That's funny because I was given a warning before I ever called him retarded so another shit point from this site. Good old echo chamber of feelings and emotions. Like I said this "cannabis community" would never have happened without outlaws doing what they do and you're surprised that some of us don't give a fuck about feelings. Go ahead and build your safe space but don't tell me what the fuck I will and will not say just ban me like a pussy or go sit the fuck down dad.
You upset bro? You must be fun at parties. Can the powers that be ban this fucking idiot?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol Fuck VPD I aint pushin high ass humidity in flower aint worth the risk.
Also i feed the pigs all the way up to slaughter. The fatter the better.
Most misuse VPD imo.

These online charts are a huge culprit. You cannot use VPD correctly without leaf temps. If you actually look and VPD properly taking leaf temp into accounts its pretty much exactly the parameters that all the people who say its a hoax are running.

I would say that still more people than not who use VPD are using it wrong.

Its also more dangerous mold wise to have a humidity thats to dry during the light cycle and then to humid with poor air movement over the dark cycle because many do not see how much their temp change after lights out is affecting humidity. Having dry then moist periods will put things like PM on steroids

Low humidity is actually more dangerous than high humidity and there are plenty of studies coning out that show we have it very wrong on how we think in terms of PM and the likes.

Its no secret though that its all about the microclimates. you can have low room humidity and very high humidity microclimates

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter

D

dean1963

We all get heated at one point or another… we are only human… well i hope lol.

just to at least throw a bit of humor in this clusterfuck.
i had i guy working for me that couldn't speak a word of truth if his life depended on it.
i put up with it for awhile because i needed the bodies, but when he told me his dad was the top UFO investigator in canada and his file is classified as "super top secret" an aliens we're living among us and he knew things that the world shouldn't know, well... that was his last day.
so according to him and his dad i do believe aqua man was wrong. we aren't only humans here.
lol

i hope everyone get's the humor

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Most misuse VPD imo.

These online charts are a huge culprit. You cannot use VPD correctly without leaf temps. If you actually look and VPD properly taking leaf temp into accounts its pretty much exactly the parameters that all the people who say its a hoax are running.

I would say that still more people than not who use VPD are using it wrong.

Its also more dangerous mold wise to have a humidity thats to dry during the light cycle and then to humid with poor air movement over the dark cycle because many do not see how much their temp change after lights out is affecting humidity. Having dry then moist periods will put things like PM on steroids

Low humidity is actually more dangerous than high humidity and there are plenty of studies coning out that show we have it very wrong on how we think in terms of PM and the likes.

Its no secret though that its all about the microclimates. you can have low room humidity and very high humidity microclimates
Would you feel better if you knew those using them are armed with an infrared laser thermometer to read leaf temps?😁

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

So this thread caught my attention, and I definitely see the benefit of removing excess salts from your growing medium towards the end of, or after your grow…..if you’re using bottled nutrients. That being said I don’t think it works on the actual plant material like a lot of people might think. It’s more for the benefit of the soil and if it is reused , and what is grown in it next. I’m not an expert, scientist or even trying to tell anyone what to do personally…..it’s just my opinion. But interestingly enough I don’t flush my soil because I’m growing with dry amendments, earthworm castings, peat moss and perlite. I’m not adding any salt based nutrients so no need to flush. I started doing this after watching this video with Kyle Kushman, where he explained why he grows organic. He says something to the effect that when the plant takes in organic nitrogen available to it, it will have nitrogen in it in molecular form up until combustion. When the plant takes up ammoniacal nitrogen that, that compound stays in the plant until combustion. He says that the temperature at which point that ammoniacal nitrogen combust is much hotter than plain old nitrogen. Okay again not a scientist but the host of the video chimes in and mentions that they personally stopped smoking non organic weed because of sore throats after smoking a few times each day. After going organic the consumption rate stayed the same but the sore throats went away. I had been experiencing the same thing. The first couple times I smoked I was fine, but by the afternoon I would get a nagging sore throat. So I slowly transitioned from using bottled nutrients to dry amendments over the past year, and the last four or five plants I grew produced a smoother smoke. I guess I went a little off subject there, but I don’t know if anyone else has any insight?

S

Stonemason7767

So this thread caught my attention, and I definitely see the benefit of removing excess salts from your growing medium towards the end of, or after your grow…..if you’re using bottled nutrients. That being said I don’t think it works on the actual plant material like a lot of people might think. It’s more for the benefit of the soil and if it is reused , and what is grown in it next. I’m not an expert, scientist or even trying to tell anyone what to do personally…..it’s just my opinion. But interestingly enough I don’t flush my soil because I’m growing with dry amendments, earthworm castings, peat moss and perlite. I’m not adding any salt based nutrients so no need to flush. I started doing this after watching this video with Kyle Kushman, where he explained why he grows organic. He says something to the effect that when the plant takes in organic nitrogen available to it, it will have nitrogen in it in molecular form up until combustion. When the plant takes up ammoniacal nitrogen that, that compound stays in the plant until combustion. He says that the temperature at which point that ammoniacal nitrogen combust is much hotter than plain old nitrogen. Okay again not a scientist but the host of the video chimes in and mentions that they personally stopped smoking non organic weed because of sore throats after smoking a few times each day. After going organic the consumption rate stayed the same but the sore throats went away. I had been experiencing the same thing. The first couple times I smoked I was fine, but by the afternoon I would get a nagging sore throat. So I slowly transitioned from using bottled nutrients to dry amendments over the past year, and the last four or five plants I grew produced a smoother smoke. I guess I went a little off subject there, but I don’t know if anyone else has any insight?
My budy grows some super dank weed with liquid synthetic fertilizer but its not quite as smooth as my organic grows.his weed is like a steroid body builder mine is more like chuck Nora's.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sure i can try here. A plant cannot take up organic nutrients. This is a big misconception. Organic nutrients break down via bacteria and the initial form is ammonia/ammonium then anothoer species of bacteria break it down into nitrites and yet another break it down into nitrates.

a plant can take it up in all form yet none of them are organic as it’s impossible for a plant to take up organic nitrogen. See organic simply describes the way in which the nutrients are broken down. They are either broken down organically via bacteria or synthetically via heat, chemical reactions etc. but in the end a nitrate is a nitrate no matter the source and a nitrate by itself is in ionic form.

say what potassium nitrate. Thats a salt but organic nutrients are broken down into salts and dissolved into water in ionic form that can then be taken up by the plants via ion exchange or passive uptake.

Now thats not to say there are no benefits to the bacteria, enzymes and secondary metabolites produced in this process that may contribute to terps, etc. but the smoothness, white ash etc is in large part due to the magnesium and proper dry and curing that again actual is bacteria doing their magic.

be it ammonia or nitrate sourced nitrogen once its taken up by the plant it is used to make other compounds and is not stored in ammonia or nitrate form so that parts is absolute bro science bullshit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

gonna add kyle kushman knows his shit… but he also knows how to twist shit to market it for profit. Thats the part we need to always question… who is gaining from what information.

like his chiropractic plant shit… just another take on pruning and defoliation with a name that seems to separate it from everything else and make it some new technique… which it isn’t …. But it’s effective and it works.

like this whole dam industry shit is just repacked and sold over and over again under a new name for profit

S

Stonemason7767

Makes alot of sense.im starting to understand this a little better after messing around with bacteria and soil microbes .i.use fermented fertilizers never realy messed around allot with dry amendments unless I ferment them or brake them down first.

Top Bottom