Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Moe picked up a couple of sour diesel clones I acquired but not bred my me.
I do breed though some stuff for high some for terps some for washing.
Yup got "The Real Sour" and SD. Sour Diesel is my son's wife's perfect strain. We all got that one special plant I'm sure.

I've never grown from known proper genetics like this before. Everything I have done has effectively been a pheno hunt. Everything I have grown ultimately originated with seed. I'm looking forward to working with known genetics.

I've got pinpoint control over every setpoint. Got any pointers for me on these strains?

I would normally start topping and spreading wide eventually into a net. Fill 4x4 with each plant and then flip to flower. I'd expect around 3 - 4# total. Sound about right?

If you thought UV or Far Red would help I can thro that in. I'm thinking of adding far red to make wide as possible.

Hopefully I'll give ya some pics to brag about here. Roots are already thru the pot and in the water, so maybe 2" growth so far. These are ready to explode I think. Time to bring the RH down 5 points and turn on respiration. I'm at 180 PPM of Jack's clone and epsom salt. I'll be bringing that up shortly too.

Any advice for a big fast CO2 grow I'm all ears.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have some seeds I can donate for your experiment. They are bred by me, this is the first generation run, I'm trying to get them all to behave a certain way, this set so far seems to be about 3/10 seeds showing desired trait (self topping@3rd node). I'm planning to re-breed one that has desired trait and creating unfeminized version so I can use self topping male and female for later in hopes of having higher consistency... anyway if you would like the feminized seeds, I call it periwinkle slam. Blue dream x purple punch.
Let me know where to ship in dm if you would like
Wow, that's a fine offer. Truth is it would be quite a while before I could get to them. I have plans for both tents for the foreseeable future. Curious to see a pic tho.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Upon my dumbass looking into it ever so slightly. I got that the orange pi 4 runs better than a raspberry pi 4. 🤷🏻 wtf do i know about this? Absolutely nothing lmao. Just thought i might give my 2 cents and maybe help out lol.
Yeah bro, it is a good option. I'm just sick of re-designing cases every time I make a change. But I may have to once again to accommodate a different board.

That one is really cool, and the more I look at it the more I think it might be worth it for (just one more, I promise) re-design. You got me thinking now 🤔

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah bro, it is a good option. I'm just sick of re-designing cases every time I make a change. But I may have to once again to accommodate a different board.

That one is really cool, and the more I look at it the more I think it might be worth it for (just one more, I promise) re-design. You got me thinking now 🤔
Thats one fancy keyboard computer thing 🤣 i have no clue what that is, but im looking forward to whatever you do man. This grow is awesome.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

I'm still learning about this. Do you have some results yo can share, or just sorta a gut feeling it is beneficial?

Are you saying the plants uptake aminos, or it improves the benficials?
Ok, that sounds like you haven't read the article yet.
Let's add all the stuff from manics 🙂
Amino Acids   Overview

All matters

All matters2 uptake

Process nitrate assimilation

02 Nitrate Ammonium

3 More AminoPower

04 use that shit

05 Amino chelate

06 last part benns

The only question now is how much nitrogen from amino acids makes sense.
In my case, I could theoretically exchange almost all NO3/NH4 for organic forms. Pure L-glycine can be bought very cheaply.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

View attachment 1324359
View attachment 1324360
View attachment 1324361
View attachment 1324362
View attachment 1324363
View attachment 1324364
View attachment 1324365
View attachment 1324366
View attachment 1324367

In my case, I could theoretically exchange almost all NO3/NH4 for organic forms. Pure L-glycine can be bought very cheaply.
I’m gonna need a bigger screen lol

Actually I was trying to get a little more in depth answer not just show a bottle and say this works good. Why and how do you know?

I try very hard to never make a product recommendation (especially expensive bottles from the grow store) without something to back that up. I’ll bet the poster has a reason to say that and I’d like to hear it.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

I bought that a while ago and really like using it, I can tell a difference for sure. I will pop 6 seeds and do 3 as I have and 3 without the amino for you, we can judge together 🍻

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Tent was running a little hot 79.5 on a setting if 78 so my cal is -1.5F

RH was 67.4 set to 65 so cal -1.4fF

Settings now at 75F and 57%. VPD with measured leaf offset is now 1.0.

Brought the dehuy online but set it high so it is only pulling out at night.

AC62B82C 5FE3 4C7C B6DE 3D054D79B8BB

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1324359
View attachment 1324360
View attachment 1324361
View attachment 1324362
View attachment 1324363
View attachment 1324364
View attachment 1324365
View attachment 1324366
View attachment 1324367

What are organic form of nitrogen?
View attachment 1324359
View attachment 1324360
View attachment 1324361
View attachment 1324362
View attachment 1324363
View attachment 1324364
View attachment 1324365
View attachment 1324366
View attachment 1324367

sorry but this is not possible… what exactly is organic nitrogen? And not a chance in hell you can replace no2/no3/nh4 with aminos.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What are organic form of nitrogen?

sorry but this is not possible… what exactly is organic nitrogen? And not a chance in hell you can replace no2/no3/nh4 with aminos.
Ahh shit what I miss here. I guess I gotta go to a pc so I can read that?

Everything good bro?

You wanna throw any darts at my grow man? Like pick a temp or RH or PPFD or CO2 level, exact nutrient blend whatever? See if we can make this a 4 pound grow just for the fuck of it? Could put O2 in...

Does bring up a good question tho, on what criteria should we judge this grow? I'm gonna go find some pics on trustfall's clone thread if can find them for reference.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK here's this genetics. Variegated leaves. Hmmm.

And here are bud shots. I believe grown in dirt, possibly outdoors.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahh shit what I miss here. I guess I gotta go to a pc so I can read that?

Everything good bro?

You wanna throw any darts at my grow man? Like pick a temp or RH or PPFD or CO2 level, exact nutrient blend whatever? See if we can make this a 4 pound grow just for the fuck of it? Could put O2 in...

Does bring up a good question tho, on what criteria should we judge this grow? I'm gonna go find some pics on trustfall's clone thread if can find them for reference.
Not sure i could improve on anything your doin bro… you know you stuff so im just living vicariously through you atm lol.

all is great. Just busy. Maybe start something up here in feb.

if you can incorporate the o2 that’s something I’d definitely try to do brother

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This thread has just become a journal at this point, and I'm making it up as I go. Some of this will seem disjointed. But I have several projects happening simultaneously so it's all getting dumped here.

Microbes:

So the petri dishes in post 643 are going to confirm what, if anything, grows from bottles behind them. I'm expecting results like this:

Baacteria

Once we have colonies I'm going to do some agar work to grow them out. It will give me a chance to study them and never buy this stuff again. It's really expensive. I can't even imagine the profit these companies are making off this stuff.

I just ordered the proper stains I need to see these bacteria. I'm hoping with stain I can show them to you singly. My digital scope is limited and single cell resolution is just out of reach. I'll do the best I can to show you but I wish you could see what I see optically. Lots of cells. Some look suspiciously like algae. None of them are moving.

If they look like the control and or grow nothing, that product is bullshit until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom