foliar spraying....whats your recipe?

• Thread starter shoestring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

So..... Im wondering if using MOST from jrpeters would work well as a foliar. Its a mix of trace elements and minerals. Im sure kelp is better but I have MOST right now and no kelp. Im starting to get into foliar feeding and am interested to learn what the best things to spray on my plants are and how to mix them properly. So much info so little time. Any recommendations? Anyone spray their flowers after week 2. Is this bad to do? Why? Anyone foliar feeding with hormones?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Currently using ful-power rootamentary seagreen and Coco wet. Every other week medmans cannabolic stacker and ful-power with Coco wet. Awesome. The old stand by spray and grow and bills perfect with Coco wet is solid as well.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use K nitrate in early flower,the other somewhere around week 4 for 2 weeks. I wait until the trics really start to swell(somewhere around when is a tric is about 1/3 of it's potential size.) My theory is this is when it helps me the most.I bump K nitrate at the end in with the nutes. Helps me blow up just a little with new growth(tightens a little) new growth kicks in the smell a bit more.Can put out white hairs though which some do not like,fuckum.
I use the n3 that comes with my K nitrate.
My tips of the Day...JK

B

Bangarang

kelp,ca25,K silicate,K nitrate,K sulfate,N3,aminos, fulvic(always). JK
I was reading the nutritech document about Potassium ann came across this little nugget. According to this non-academic article K nitrate did not prove to be as beneficial as other forms. Why do use K nitrate and what do you see? I am trying my best to wrap my head around the function of potassium in different forms.

Potassium Nitrate Proves Counter Productive
New, published research by USDA research scientist, Dr Gene Lester and his associate, Dr John Jifon, involved analysis of the benefits of foliar potassium during fruiting and the study also compared various sources of soluble potassium including, potassium sulfate, potassium chloride, potassium nitrate and Mono Potassium Phosphate (MKP). In this comprehensive, multi year, field study (involving rock melons) the researchers analysed differences in petiole K, fruit K, brix levels and total sugars based upon different potassium inputs and a control that did not receive foliar potassium. In each of the three years of the trial, potassium nitrate performed poorly. In fact, it was the worst performer in each year on every parameter. It was even worse than the control in a couple of instances.

Next the researchers compared nutritional value and fruit firmness with the various imputs. They looked at vitamin C, beta-carotene, and fruit colour. Colour is linked to pigments, which are, in turn, antioxidants of considerable nutritional importance for humans. The more intense the colour, the greater the protective capacity of the fruit or vegetable. Again, potassium nitrate was the dismal performer, although it was edged out for the wooden spoon by potassium chloride on a few occasions during the three-year research project.

Finally, the study looked at yield, fruit size and discarded fruit. Here, the negatives associated with the K nitrate input became most pronounced. The yields on the potassium nitrate treated blocks were actually lower than the control in each of the three years of the study and the discards were substantially higher following K nitrate foliars. In fact, there was an average of three times more throwaway fruit when K nitrate was compared to potassium sulfate and twice the discards in comparison to the controls. This input proved to be seriously counterproductive and yet tens of thousands of growers around the globe religiously foliar spray potassium nitrate throughout the second half of the season. The authors of the study concluded that “potassium nitrate may not be suitable for late season foliar nutrition” and they are most certainly correct. Nitrate nitrogen is for vegetative growth. It does not provide a reproductive push and it can be antagonistic to potassium uptake. Nitrates are always absorbed with water so there is a nutrient dilution factor that inevitably reduces fruit quality. It is hard to imagine a more inappropriate choice for potassium nutrition!

One of the replys
The impact of Potassium is very pronounced on Cytokinin levels and hence fruit size. The application of the nitrate N is thus in contradiction with fruit formation as mentioned as amm-N is also pro CYT. The functional role of K(&Zn) in translocating sugars from source to sink is as important and with increased Nitrates big pressure on Moly levels and if shortage will induce possible ethylene with possible subsequent Absicinic Acid (ABA) and hence leading to senescence and cut-off of CYT and thus fruit formation.

B

Bangarang

Same site but about aminos and why beneficial to foliar
L- Glutamic acid is a cytoplasm osmotic agent of the “guard cells”. This sounds like a bit of a mouthful but it basically means that this key amino acid facilitates stomatal opening. L- Glutamic acid is the third most abundant amino acid in Amino-Max™
In Conclusion
Protein drives production and proteins are made from amino acids. When they are provided in the L- form they can fast-track a variety of processes including photosynthesis, chelation, resilience, pollination and stress resistance. When applied to the soil they can also boost microbe health.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use it as a source of N going from veg to flower but I get the most out of it the last 2 weeks of flower. I starts shooting out new flowers and give a little peak in floral smells.Seems to expand and tighten the buds up also.I use other potassium's for a flower booster JK

shoestring

shoestring

I got a bottle of Alaska Pure flowering booster from Nutrifield. I tried it on one table as a foliar and.in the tank about week 4 onward. Its basically seaweed. Or at.least it smells just like nitrozime. Really affordable though and i think iam gonna start using it on all my tanks/tables. It makes a very noticeable difference. At least with a table of ghost train haze. Iam gonna run it with my sour og here soon. Good stuff and i really.like the price compared to some other flowering additives out there.

shoestring

shoestring

The instructions on the bottle i think.is way too strong. They call for 5 to 10 ml per LITER. Thats way too much. Its very concentrated. I mix that per gallon.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

H16, kelp, sticky...once a week they get cal too. But from the looks of things I better get some Nitrozyme so...
I just killed a bunch of bAbies with nitrozyme must not of diluted enough
Bummero_O but thanx for bringing it up because...
The instructions on the bottle i think.is way too strong. They call for 5 to 10 ml per LITER. Thats way too much. Its very concentrated. I mix that per gallon.
GOOD TO KNO!!!

Top Bottom