For Those Of You Using Led, Here Ya Go.

• Thread starter Foxlink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

TBH the honest truth ask your self why is it still a federal offence to grow any weed
I'll tell you see the state legalization is only a test to see what is transpiring to think the GOV will ever and i mean EVER allow anyone to grow at Federal level is hilarious it will never happen with in the next 5 - 10 years it will again be illegal to grow and guess what as for medical weed there be no dispensaries but actual pharma controlling it like any drug you will get a prescripyon and go get it at any drug store
ts going to be multi billion dollar companies running the show you know the ones putting millions of dollars in Governors back pockets and the Presidents ???
companies like Monsanto , Pfizer, Novartis , Merck and co etc etc
Thats the sad truth there the ones that will be the winners at the end
and as for MJ being Nevada is close prox to Cali and Mexico most MJ comes from mexico Isn't Nevada the gate way point for all kinds of drugs supping USA cocaine, MJ , MDMA , LSD GHB ???

But back to LEDs what many companies and growers tend to really forget LED wave lengths do not really match what is required for optimal plant growth and flowering for instance comparing full spectrum to most LED lights there is no comparison to resin production and plant growth
and contrary to popular belief most LED do not give off any UV and UV does make plant produce more resin production , and vitamins its the 290 315 nano range and sorry LEDS are not in that range

Yes, greenhouses are da bomb (assuming the light coincides with your stage of growth), but when it comes to lighting indoors...

WOW, you are living in the past.

Almost 2 years ago GreenGenesGarden (YT videos) did a side by side with a new 1000w hps/ballast/hood v a 600w Apache Tech led, which is now old tech. Results were weighed and assayed. I'll leave it to you to see with your own eyes the results.

Here's the key: White based hi-intensity LEDs have passed hps in performance, while delivering longer life AND electrical savinngs

It is simple to add a few UV bulbs into a tent or garden, as well as far reds for 15 minutes before/after lights out

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

OK, from the top of what's wrong with hps... hps has virtually ZERO blues, 450-470nm makes for shorter plants, instead of 2ft+ of main stalk below the canopy that produces nothing.

Properly balanced hi-intensity LEDs makes for shorter plants whose side branches are still long and will be full of buds as the entire plant is in the umole sweet spot.

RealStyles, among many DIYers only uses CoBs, which are spectrally more like hps, though with some blue. IMO, Growmau5 has a much better DIY, and he is beginning to add monos to enhance PAR

Amare Technologies combines their CoBs with a ring monos to enhance both veg and flowering

Heat. If you need heat a space heater is a better option

Umoles: this is what the plants use to grow and flower. HPS reflects ~ 50% of its' output which severely diminishes the amount of umoles the plant gets

Here a couple of pics from a single sativa plant I grew using an Amare Technologies Hybrid CoB. I had to snap the main stalk and let it grow some 15" horizontal to the panel. The bud pic next to cell phone was ~ 30" below the panel and leaning against the side wall of a 33 x 33 tent

Do these look like thumbs to you?

IMG 3172
IMG 3176
IMG 3148
Growboy

Growboy

If you are looking for lights that are comparable to kind Led then you would want to go to Kigrow.com. Just for this post I am getting additional 5% off my next order plus the 10% I received from submitting an image. I paid only $360 per unit put one over each plant and getting great results. There are 1000 watt replacement package covers roughly a 7x7 foot area though so it's far better than a 1000w HPS coverage area. The 360 per unit was before I receive the discounts.masslove for Kigrow.com
I am growboy at massroots many pics of my LED room there.

20160401 011117
Top Bottom