Four table Solarstorm SOG perpetual

• Thread starter allorganic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

allorganic

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to copy this exact design!! Thanks!!
No problem. They work great. The lower bars are to keep legs from being wobbly, and I recommend making the main support set-up rest under the lip of grow trays. It helps keep them level, and supported. Good luck. Oh and it was easiest to design, and make them fit perfectly by putting tray upside down on ground and building from top (tray) of PVC structure to the bottom (feet). Hope this helps!

D

Drew925

Use the 440s and just get more if you have the funds. It is a more efficient and larger coverage area. Also you would get better coverage from the UVB side bulbs with the two smaller units. Just a thought. 880 does not have much better penetration just more energy at canopy top.
And tnelz answered your question perfectly.
It also adds a different light spectrum and helps with the penetration issues associated with LEDs, I have them on rope ratchets to customize height as needed.
My 2 cents nothing more

D

Drew925

Sorry took so long to reply. I've been at the beach... So what you are saying if I we're planning to get (4) 880's I would do better with (8) 440's?

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Man I have been thinking I making the led switch has your power bill gone down from hps or mh???? Jealous of these lights and room straight killed it.

A

allorganic

Sorry took so long to reply. I've been at the beach... So what you are saying if I we're planning to get (4) 880's I would do better with (8) 440's?
Yes that is what I am saying. The coverage area will be so much better with the smaller units. The 440s cover a 3'x 3' area and the 880s only 4' x4' so the overlap of coverage by using more 440s will make up for the loss in energy output that using the 880s would give.

A

allorganic

Man I have been thinking I making the led switch has your power bill gone down from hps or mh???? Jealous of these lights and room straight killed it.
Yes it has gone down, but not as much as they claim. I can run three of these solar storms plus 4 of the CFLs for the same monthly cost as two 600 watt hps. And resin production, bud density, are both far better under the LEDs. Heat output is where you see the biggest difference with LEDs. In winter sometimes I have to use a heater!

D

Drew925

Yes that is what I am saying. The coverage area will be so much better with the smaller units. The 440s cover a 3'x 3' area and the 880s only 4' x4' so the overlap of coverage by using more 440s will make up for the loss in energy output that using the 880s would give.
At
Thanks a million

A

allorganic

So I am up and running again after a two month break. I am vegging a month now, other than that everything is the same. Taller table is kali mist and other is a mix of some headband and some og.Here are some pics,
oh and last ones are the beginning of this years outdoor.

A

allorganic

So it has been to long since I posted an update. The following photos show the progression of jah-goo from about week 3 to current. Photo of smaller plants/buds is a table of Larry OG and jah that are a couple weeks behind. Harvesting one table in about 6 days and I will post photos of plants at chop and bud shots. Enjoy

D

Drew925

Just bought a ss880. Do you suggest using it with seedlings, if so how far should it be above them, at various stages.
Thanks
Ps were you completely satisfied with theses lights?

A

allorganic

Just bought a ss880. Do you suggest using it with seedlings, if so how far should it be above them, at various stages.
Thanks
Ps were you completely satisfied with theses lights?
Sorry took me so long to reply drew. I would be careful with seedlings under the 880. I start mine under CFLs and move them under the led in my veg room after a week or so. Yes I am satisfied with these lights. There are about 5 LED companies that are producing quality cannabis FLOWERING lights, (many kick ass for veg), as far as I can tell. CLW has been quick to respond when I have had issues and after about a year of using them I am very pleased. The buds no matter what strain are denser, more resinous, and have a higher terpine profile than their HPS grown sisters. You will have to play around with your setup to obtain the yields you want and use CaMag more frequently, but a beautiful final product will follow! Hope this helps!

A

allorganic

Sorry took me so long to reply drew. I would be careful with seedlings under the 880. I start mine under CFLs and move them under the led in my veg room after a week or so. Yes I am satisfied with these lights. There are about 5 LED companies that are producing quality cannabis FLOWERING lights, (many kick ass for veg), as far as I can tell. CLW has been quick to respond when I have had issues and after about a year of using them I am very pleased. The buds no matter what strain are denser, more resinous, and have a higher terpine profile than their HPS grown sisters. You will have to play around with your setup to obtain the yields you want and use CaMag more frequently, but a beautiful final product will follow! Hope this helps!
Forgot to say how far to have light! Doh! Anyways during veg it can be as close as 12 in. During flower raise it to at least 16-18 in. I have bleached buds a few times when it is to low. For better coverage I usually raise it to about 20 in. in my setup.

Top Bottom