Four table Solarstorm SOG perpetual

• Thread starter allorganic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zombie III

zombie III

Sorry took me so long to reply drew. I would be careful with seedlings under the 880. I start mine under CFLs and move them under the led in my veg room after a week or so. Yes I am satisfied with these lights. There are about 5 LED companies that are producing quality cannabis FLOWERING lights, (many kick ass for veg), as far as I can tell. CLW has been quick to respond when I have had issues and after about a year of using them I am very pleased. The buds no matter what strain are denser, more resinous, and have a higher terpine profile than their HPS grown sisters. You will have to play around with your setup to obtain the yields you want and use CaMag more frequently, but a beautiful final product will follow! Hope this helps!

how's yield compare to hps tho? can u achieve comparable results?

A

allorganic

how's yield compare to hps tho? can u achieve comparable results?
Only if you go SOG or Scrog. The jah goo for example is a low yielder. In the circle that grows it someone just got over a lb. Per 600w HPS. I am dialing in my growing of it still, but am reliably getting over 350 grams dry per 400 watt LED. So for this example I am actually doing better gpw. (I also have those hanging CFLs so that knocks me down but whatever, I like light at the edges) if you play with your setup than it can be comparable is the bottom line.

A

allorganic

Some shots from the last couple runs. Buds are Durban cookies. Second one down is 9lb hammer, and top is Roadflower a mystery volunteer from last years outdoor.

north knect

north knect

So wat did that 9 pound hammer yeild you? I've seen it advertised but I'm sure it's not a nine lb plant lmao

A

allorganic

yeah I just realized he's in 3x3 trays. Surely the must be a chinese knock off somewhere on alibaba that has this size... I've ordered 2 gal smart pots from alibaba at about half the price than the american made ones. I was doubtful on the quality but turned out to be the exact same material... who'd have thought right? Oh and Beneficial Nematodes do wonders on them fucking fungus gnats

Oh yeah and another thought that came to me.... would be good if those mushies were psychedelic! Can't call yourself a legit drug factory if you don't have the magic mushies in the mix! :p
The beds would be awesome except cause I run a perpetual setup I would have a hard time moving them. Good looking out though! Tried the nematodes, they are to slow, as a preventive, maybe, but D. E. Works! FAST!

north knect

north knect

Finished really fast as well!
That is very impressive..which breeder did the 9lb hammer come from? I might just have to look into that strain for the up coming summer..I'm still lookin for some outdoor candidates that Finnish fast due to my Canadian climate

A

allorganic

That is very impressive..which breeder did the 9lb hammer come from? I might just have to look into that strain for the up coming summer..I'm still lookin for some outdoor candidates that Finnish fast due to my Canadian climate
It finished end of September here in NorCal if that helps

north knect

north knect

It finished end of September here in NorCal if that helps
Probably be the first week of October in my parts which could possibly work pending on the weather..last year was shit..lost few lbs to mold :(

miko

miko

Curious approx cost per led? I currently run 7, 1000 w air cooled maxums which seem to produce very dense buds

A

allorganic

Curious approx cost per led? I currently run 7, 1000 w air cooled maxums which seem to produce very dense buds
Each unit was about 1000$. Buds from LEDs are the densest and have more resin and terpenes. Getting same yield as HPS is the hard part! And

A

allorganic

First three shots are of 9lb. hammer mids and bottom nugs with a little more than a week to go in flush. Bottom two shots are of "Roadflower", the mystery volunteer. Enjoy

A

allorganic

So I feel like I need to give an update on the situation here as it has been almost a year since I started this room/thread. I still love these lights! Never going back to HPS! There is a learning curve with them though! Here are some of my findings on how have success with LED growing.
1. USE CA MAG AT EVERY WATERING! Even iF it is only a tsp. or two per five gallons. This is more important with certain strains I.e. OG's and Cookies
2. Over veg then lollipop like a mo-fo. This is best for me because of my SOG style grow, but because penetration into canopy can be an issue this can still be applied to larger plants
3. DEFOLIATE, some strains don't like this as much so be careful
4. If using LED's for veg, move the plants around under the light ever week or so. This is because LED's do such an amazing job of creating shorter, tighter internodes and thick stems that to get the plants to stretch a little you need to move the ones directly in the center to the edges and vice versa. This will help create that nice even canopy you are looking for.
5. If not a closed room, pay attention to weather. LED's can be too cold in winter! And they do not dry out grow medium as fast as HPS for the most part.

Take everything that I wrote with a grain of salt, but I can tell you that I dealt with the same issues that you can see in some of the other pictures in the LED section. The browning/dying/shriveled leaves you see are from CaMag issues that turned into lockout and other bigger issues. BELIEVE ME, took a year to figure out! For those of you that are full organic or TLO, like me, be careful with how hot your medium is. As soon as I stopped doing the Rev's spikes and layers things instantly improved! I use his soil mix and top dress now instead of spikes and things are all good now. I like his ideas/style but you have no control after transplant.
Hope this helps

E

ECOrganics

Hey I know this thread hasn't been posted to in a while but I wanted to thank you for all of the amazing pictures of your harvests and your set up. I think this has helped me make my final decision on The Solar Storm 440s. Are you still growing with these lights? How many plants were you able to flower per 440? Also any tips on pruning to grow SCROG? I will be growing organically any suggestions on teas and pest control/pm would be extremely helpful too. Thank you for your time and knowledge!

A

allorganic

Hey I know this thread hasn't been posted to in a while but I wanted to thank you for all of the amazing pictures of your harvests and your set up. I think this has helped me make my final decision on The Solar Storm 440s. Are you still growing with these lights? How many plants were you able to flower per 440? Also any tips on pruning to grow SCROG? I will be growing organically any suggestions on teas and pest control/pm would be extremely helpful too. Thank you for your time and knowledge!

First off thank you for the kind words!!
I'm not flowering under the Solarstorms anymore, they are now my veg lights. I'm now running a much larger set up of 8 Gavita 1000de. I loved the quality under the Solarstorms but they were not yielding quite what I wanted. I don't think that my dirt and feed regimen was right for the lights and that to really hit the yield you are looking for you need to run a true SOG style grow with maybe 40-50 single cola plants under one Solarstorm covering a 3.5x3.5 foot area at most and 3x3 for optimum yields. They are great lights but the arrival of the dual ended HPS changed the game again. LED is absolutely best for the vegetative growth period IMO, but if you can cool and run a 1000de then do it!!!

This is new setup

Top Bottom