Fox Farm vs Pro-Mix vs Roots Organic

• Thread starter TapwaterKiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jarofunk

Jarofunk

go with Pro Mix BX and if you can get the recipe for vics super soil its great. add blood and bone mill .a bag of earth worm castings. lime Epsom salt.sea weed dry .and mix wet with sea kelp and let sit to cook. then light feed with earth juice fertilizer with a sock with earth worm castings .and watch it froth like a beer from all the micro organisms do there thing .air the mix for 2 days and feed as long as you add plenty of lime you do not
need no ph,or ppm meters . you could also top dress with bat guano and sit back for some sweet organic goodies.

yea the Vic's mix is awesome. I like how airy the Pro Mix is, although next time I may add some more perlite. My nugs came out tasting sweet n tasty. It seems a little hot for Bubba strains tho.

I

ibTheMan

you guys should try this, Sunshine Advanced#4, or Sunshine#4, i add 25% Coarse Perlite, and Pure Coco sub-strait at 1 to 6 ratio its a great custom mix i come up with.
The Advanced#4 Already has some coco in it, so its more coco e er,lol and i used it on my Motorbreat runs and one of the plants yielded over 15oz in ah 7 gallon bucket, so the shit works, try it or loose out, dont really make ah difference to me if you get large yields of dank, but ill try to help yah out.
Pro mix bites.

S

swisscheese

you guys should try this, Sunshine Advanced#4, or Sunshine#4, i add 25% Coarse Perlite, and Pure Coco sub-strait at 1 to 6 ratio its a great custom mix i come up with.
The Advanced#4 Already has some coco in it, so its more coco e er,lol and i used it on my Motorbreat runs and one of the plants yielded over 15oz in ah 7 gallon bucket, so the shit works, try it or loose out, dont really make ah difference to me if you get large yields of dank, but ill try to help yah out.
Pro mix bites.

What nutes you running and how long did you veg for?

I

ibTheMan

What nutes you running and how long did you veg for?

I run AN Connie, bud ignitor first two weeks, Big Bud sometimes,CalMag sometimes, and about two weeks before the flush i switch to AN Super Tea, Nirvana, and B'Cuzz Flavor seems to be the ticket.
See with chemical ferts early you get the good structure and high yields and with the Organic switch you get the benefits of that.
I grew the best weed i ever smoked with that formula, that was with Sunshine#4, Not Advanced.

B

Buddy Hemphill

707 cut 30% with #4 chunky perlite. I add a bag of denali for ten bags of 707. Sensi grow for veg and tea and PBP for flower. I had to take a row of pots down last round because the shit blew up faster than I have ever seen in soil.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

A lot of damn good advice & comments ,

The more ya read the more ya get confused . So I think I'll do a run er 2 with Styrofoam Packing Peanuts & Dryer Lint with a proportionate blend of Kentucky Chicken chicken bones & Mrs Paul's Frozen Fish Sticks fer a Nautical Organic blend-o-nutrients & heavy metals . I think the decomposing chicken bone meal will be a slow release approach & the frozen fish sticks surely will be beneficial in keeping the Semi-Organic growing medium at a more manageable temperature & nutrient level . A few Alka-Seltzers fer CO2 & some Red Bull fer a quick carb boost every other watering & I'll be good to go .

I just gotta remember to Not use Scented Fabric Softener Dryer Sheets in the gathering of the dryer lint as it Might effect the taste of the finished buds ,,,
:wondering

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

pro-mix is inert. no ammendments. its not really organic soil, IMHO

Fox Farm has had quality control issues. The guy that owns it depleted his supply of soil and has been outsourcing for over a year.

Roots is what I use and I love it. I use it as a base for subcools SS. No problems so far.

I use Sunshine4 which is the same as promix to dilute the super soil instead of Roots.

hey bro, you got a link about this with FF outsourcing for new soil? i dunno, iv hear alot of BS surrounding foxFarm, like how they had a facility on the east cost that was using different ingredients, and that turned out to be BS

B

Buddy Hemphill

hey bro, you got a link about this with FF outsourcing for new soil? i dunno, iv hear alot of BS surrounding foxFarm, like how they had a facility on the east cost that was using different ingredients, and that turned out to be BS

FF owned the humus deposit they built their reputation on. It ran out.

Thats when FF quality went to shit. They began outsourcing.

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

FF owned the humus deposit they built their reputation on. It ran out.

Thats when FF quality went to shit. They began outsourcing.

got a link, or any kind of proof of this? Not being a dick, but am I suppose to just take ur word for it? I'm not saying this isn't true, I'm sayin where did you hear or read this

B

Buddy Hemphill

got a link, or any kind of proof of this? Not being a dick, but am I suppose to just take ur word for it? I'm not saying this isn't true, I'm sayin where did you hear or read this

So how long have you worked for Fox Farms?...lol...

Not being a dick...but I dont give a shit what you think.

Figure it out yourself.....lol...

use their shitty soil.

BigGreen56

BigGreen56

Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Works nicley, easy on the nutrient feed. I have no complaints with Fox Farms Ocean Forest, other than its a little pricey. But my girls all seem to love it!

CIMG9330
CIMG9335
CIMG9327
Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

So how long have you worked for Fox Farms?...lol...

Not being a dick...but I dont give a shit what you think.

Figure it out yourself.....lol...

use their shitty soil.

lol, don't work for fox farm, just callin you out on ur bullshit...I been using foxfarm for over 3 years...it's is great soil....but if ur just makin shit up because you disslike the company that dosent help new growers....by pushing them from what IMO is the best soil around...

B

Buddy Hemphill

lol, don't work for fox farm, just callin you out on ur bullshit...I been using foxfarm for over 3 years...it's is great soil....but if ur just makin shit up because you disslike the company that dosent help new growers....by pushing them from what IMO is the best soil around...I think it you who needs to " see for urself" check out my journal I'm no newb

Ok then...keep using it.

There wasn't a write up in Better Homes and Gardens. You hollering for a link is stupid. Because I dont have a link doesn't mean I am wrong.....lol....

Here's what you do...call FF and ask them. Thats the only sure way for you to understand. Ask them if the humus layer they had 5 years ago is still producing, and could you take a look at it...for curiousitys sake. Tell them you are in the area.... See what answer you get.

Then try and find out where it really comes from.

It would seem alot simpler to call the company than to rely on internet jibberish to give you facts anyway. Please just post back up with an apology when you are finished 'calling me out on my bullshit'....lol...ya know....if ya feel like it.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Better yet....if links on the subject are so easy to come by...post a link to FF's sources. That will prove your point nicely....and educate you in the meantime.

Win Win.

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

Better yet....if links on the subject are so easy to come by...post a link to FF's sources. That will prove your point nicely....and educate you in the meantime.

Win Win.

im not the one claiming it....and i cant find anything bout what ur talkin bout....come on dude, your lookin like a clown....post your link of evidence

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

Also, let's say it is different, what nessicarelly makes it worse than all the other shit on the market, ur just a hater bro

B

Buddy Hemphill

Also, let's say it is different, what nessicarelly makes it worse than all the other shit on the market, ur just a hater bro

Thats me!!!....BoBo the Hatin Clown!!

How did you discover my secret identity?....I'm gonna have to break the show down now....shit....

Angry clown

Latest posts

Top Bottom